NJ Hfboards Yahoo Fantasy Hockey (Keeper League Discussion)

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Looking for a goalie considering both Quick and Neuvirth are hurt now.

Sedin and Landeskog are definitely on the table for a top goaltender.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
Any way we can shorten the trade processing period? Don't see why a trade accepted today can't process until Tuesday.

Good working with you billington. Pretty fair deal.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Any way we can shorten the trade processing period? Don't see why a trade accepted today can't process until Tuesday.

Good working with you billington. Pretty fair deal.

yeah - I think we're straight up on value. I was really tempted with Galchenyuk but I need the FW from Toews if I'm giving up the league-leader in that department.

Good offers, FMAST.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Anyone of the teams that are likely out of the playoffs interested in trading for J. Quick?

He's likely out for all but the final few weeks of the season and I'm likely going to protect Holtby for my goalie keeper. Thought maybe someone was interested in trading for him and keeping him next year.

I'd basically be looking for a goalie for the final weeks and/or a good center.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Aside from Burns and Stamkos, Im up for discussing most on my team for trading purposes.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
League was a bit closer this year, definitely more competitiveness, had 4 teams within 12 points of one another.

Good luck to those in the playoffs.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
League was a bit closer this year, definitely more competitiveness, had 4 teams within 12 points of one another.

Good luck to those in the playoffs.

I almost missed the playoffs as well.

I finished 124-105-11 and whoever is behind me finished 124-107-9. Was a very close wild card race.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
Funny how this season turned out. I was unhappy with the Kesler pick as soon as i made it and him and Getzlaf having a strong game against the Caps is probably the reason why i made the playoffs.:laugh:

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Just a quick question but are we allowed to pick up players to fill open slots for tomorrow's game?

The match-up between me and FMASC is incredibly tight and I did pick up Gallagher and Chara, but I don't know if that's frowned upon.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Just a quick question but are we allowed to pick up players to fill open slots for tomorrow's game?

The match-up between me and FMASC is incredibly tight and I did pick up Gallagher and Chara, but I don't know if that's frowned upon.

I don't see why not.

There is a restriction of 4 tranfers per week and 50 transfers in a season. But if you have the available transfers go for it.

You're playing within the rules.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
In addition to the above points, whoever is dropping player(s) to add new players in the lineup for a game the next day also is taking the risk of losing guys that could be useful for future games instead of the player(s) picked up for just one game. May not be the case in every drop/add scenario, but another point to keep in mind.

Do what you gotta do, not an issue at all.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Ok, you and me Dorker. (that was Peter S's nickname, no?) Best of luck. Well, maybe not 'best' of luck, but good luck... you know what I mean.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
25 face off wins for Toews the other night and the 5+10 for Ristolainen have given me a lucky advantage in both of those categories against tmg.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
A battle of old NJ backup goaltenders that got traded for each other. Good luck to you too.

Congrats Dorker.. Pretty solid beatdown. I thought midway through the season that I needed to deal Malkin, because he was eventually going to go down with injury and hurt me sometime... but how do you get equal value for that guy?

Didn't matter. Your goalies had me beat anyway.

Best of luck in the finals.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Congrats Dorker.. Pretty solid beatdown. I thought midway through the season that I needed to deal Malkin, because he was eventually going to go down with injury and hurt me sometime... but how do you get equal value for that guy?

Not too much luck though. :naughty:

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002

Thanks. I lucked out in my goalies this year. Schneider had a down year but Bob (who was a round 7 pick, after keepers) has been a star. Then Luongo goes down injured just prior to the playoffs which forced me to pick Bernier off waivers who has been on an unbelievable hot run.

Last edited:

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Just wondering everyone's thoughts on allowing off-season trades.

Yahoo hockey will shut down after the playoffs but how it can work is that you use Hfboards Private Messages to speak privately about a deal. When it is agreed, one posts the trade in this thread and the other team quotes the post to acknowledge the deal.

I will keep a log so when I finalize keepers for next year, I can take up the player team switch and/or draft pick switch.

For example I have to make a decision on which goalie to keep from Schneider or Bobrovsky.

If I want to keep Schneider and make Bobrovsky available for trade. Then another team can offer a 1st or 2nd round pick to get Bobrovsky and use him as one of their 5 keepers.

Everyone can then post a tentative keeper list or a tentative players available list.

My list would be as follows:
Keepers: Eichel, Draisaitl, O'Reilly, Panarin, Schneider.

Players Available: Zetterberg, Yandle, Pietrangelo, Schultz, Hamilton, Byfuglien, Zuaccarelo, Hall, Bobrovsky, Luongo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad