Prospect Info: Nikita Scherbak

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I'm sure it's injuries. Everyone knows he has the goods and I've never heard him having any attitude problems. No reason to be worried.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
ankle issues. he had the ankle injury in the summer, it was nagging him in the camp.

Thanks.
That would explain him always falling down in the IceCaps game. As they say it's almost better to break the bone than to have a sprain. If this happened in the summer I hope they give him time to rest it.
When you watch him play it easy to see he has the most skill of all the players with the Caps, but if he can't make those hard cuts with out falling on his butt I think rest and therapy is the best medicine imho.

Mr Fox

Hungry since '93
Aug 21, 2013
I'm in no way an expert as I don't watch much AHL hockey, but I remember that his defensive game was a big concern in the past. I also remember that it was better last season while not quite good yet. I think it is possible that SL took comments from the development team saying that he needs to develop that aspect to play in the big league.

Put him next to Ghetto or Hudon, or even Carr and I think he will produce wonders, but that won't be a surprise. Also, you have AHL ''veterans'' that produced last year that you need to reward; you need to compose with a leadership team, and they are easing the rookie while giving him other responsabilities. My 2 cents.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
I wonder if it's a similar injury that Beaulieu had, to his sternum. If it's a concussion, I'm not so sure they would say he's out for a while, it would be more of we'll need to evaluate him more. That's preferable in my mind, not that it's good either way.

Dr_Hook

Jun 4, 2006
I wonder if it's a similar injury that Beaulieu had, to his sternum. If it's a concussion, I'm not so sure they would say he's out for a while, it would be more of we'll need to evaluate him more. That's preferable in my mind, not that it's good either way.

That's what I thought too : feared the concussion at first, but with a timeline it sounds more like shoulder, rib cage or something...

Anyway, he REALLY needs to learn to keep his head up. He got destroyed there (fully legal too)

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He should have made the Habs and have 10 goals by now, some posters had him slotted on our second line.:shakehead:shakehead

I mean I feel bad for the guy he`s getting injured a lot and I think he will be a #1 winger there is no need to rush him, but did he say something that made people think he has attitude problems?

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
He's just a teenager. I don't think anyone has pegged Scherbak as having attitude problems. It's not Reway we're talking about here.

I just hope he builds up some momentum at some point this year after his return from injury. Then next year will be really big for his development.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Why do people think he has attitude problems?

Its one of those labels that seems to get put on many Russian players... regardless of whether there is any evidence of it or not.

Attitude, selfish, lazy, no defence, soft, etc.... sometimes these get attached to players with no reason for it.

Last edited:

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
I mean I feel bad for the guy he`s getting injured a lot and I think he will be a #1 winger there is no need to rush him, but did he say something that made people think he has attitude problems?

Agree. Sometimes, a player not only need to mature mentally but physically also. In Sherbak's case, it's just a matter of time. First thing is first, get healthy.

Carey Chant

Jul 13, 2007
Toronto
First off, WOW...what an amazing clean hit! Scherbak is lucky #50 wasn't dirty on the play and lift his elbow ala Stevens because he could have really hurt him bad.

Second... WTF was Scherbak thinking on that play? Skating up the middle like that? Dump it on the wing & chase it down...heck he's got his linemate right beside him. Geez...

BeneficialDetailedCuscus.gif

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
In the i'm really bored after watching a boring IceCaps game and now a boring Everett game, so it got me thinking and I don't think the Habs would consider this but what if Scherbak is out till some point in 2016 and if so should they send him back to the WHL instead of the AHL?

Now keep in mind if Scherbak were born 2 days later he would have been in the WHL this year no question. Then add to the fact that he got injured last year (knee) and didn't look like he was skating at 100% in pre-season. Now since the Habs don't often update AHL injuries for all I know he could be back next game but if he continues to be out long term after missing most of the season and even when he played I'm not sure how many of those games he was 100%. The move would mean nothing to the Habs in terms of cap and contract as nothing would change if he plays in the WHL or AHL.

So would it be better for his development if he missed more then half the season to go back to the WHL and play with a future teammate with the Habs in Juulsen. Getting him would really boost their offense and maybe they could do something in the playoffs. The downside is that if the IceCaps made the playoffs you want Scherbak there although it's possible he still could if they didn't do go too far in the playoffs.

Or would be better for him to be on the 3rd line in the AHL with Dumont and whoever, as he's likely to be a bit rusty.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
First off, WOW...what an amazing clean hit! Scherbak is lucky #50 wasn't dirty on the play and lift his elbow ala Stevens because he could have really hurt him bad.

Second... WTF was Scherbak thinking on that play? Skating up the middle like that? Dump it on the wing & chase it down...heck he's got his linemate right beside him. Geez...

BeneficialDetailedCuscus.gif

Dump it??!!.....geez, for years I've heard whining about us dumping it in, now we're preaching it..:shakehead

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014
Skating up the middle isn't a problem.

Doing it with your head down is.

Last edited:

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
2-3 years in the AHL will do wonders for the kid.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

As much it was a legal hit, what makes the impact particularly significant is how both players are at very high speed headed toward each other.

This is a textbook lack of experience, playing with your head down outcome and an opponent making you pay the price.

Last edited:

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
2-3 years in the AHL will do wonders for the kid.

It's not about the level of play. He has the skills to keep up with the pace of even an NHL game.

It's about the development of strength. His lower body and core are too weak. He can't make his "power moves" to the outside, and can't protect the puck along the boards. I don't think it really matters where he plays (or how many minutes he does) so long as he's committed to getting stronger long-term. He just needs to hit the gym hard for a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad