Player Discussion Nikita Scherbak - Stay In Yo Lane Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I have reached the point where I never expect that Bergevin will do the right thing.

I was stunned when he didn't get the Radulov deal done and cavalierly said: "It's first come, first served." How could he think an already weak offense wouldn't be a total disaster without Radulov and Markov and there being no back up options available.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I was stunned when he didn't get the Radulov deal done and cavalierly said: "It's first come, first served." How could he think an already weak offense wouldn't be a total disaster without Radulov and Markov and there being no back up options available.
My theory is that he never intended to sign either player, he only initially signed Radulov after not being able to get Perron or Lucic and gave Rads a 1 year deal when he wanted 2. Markov being a long time loyal player for the franchise never had to get to July 1st.(Markov said that there was very little communication from MB) Bergevin went after Nick Bonino with hopes that he would be our number one center and then thought that he could replace Markov and Radulov with Hemsky and Streit.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Love this place.....

Bergevin is an idiot for leaving Scherbak in the minors

Bergevin is an idiot for bringing him up, should’ve let him dominate the AHL

Which one is it folks???

But I'm sure this place would be calling for a riot if Scherbak had been kept up and Logan Shaw was place on waivers and then lost to waivers.

Such a travesty would have caused quite the explosion.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
What do you think this 'asset' is worth? 6th rounder? Ham sandwich?

It's still a free 6th rounder. Scherbak should be back up by Tuesday next week. I don't mind this move as long as they don't plan on keeping Scherbak in the minors long term.

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
It's still a free 6th rounder. Scherbak should be back up by Tuesday next week. I don't mind this move as long as they don't plan on keeping Scherbak in the minors long term.
This place is very knee jerk.....remember last year with Frederic Gaudreau from Nashville.....Bergevin was such an idiot for not aquiring him, or missing out on him

Frederic Gaudreau 2017/18 stats......0 goals in 20 games

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I honestly think that Scherbak has the potential to be better than Galchenyuk and Drouin.

This isn't really saying much, because I'm only saying potential. But it's still good news to have a prospect with such high potential.

Bascially I think the talent and skill level is comparable, but both Galchenyuk and Drouin often hang on to the puck too long and miss a play that was there to be made. I think Scherbak sees the ice very well and may be able to make the right decision with the puck quicker. But of course it's still early and he needs time to develop.

Reactions: DXStriker

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
This place is very knee jerk.....remember last year with Frederic Gaudreau from Nashville.....Bergevin was such an idiot for not aquiring him, or missing out on him

Frederic Gaudreau 2017/18 stats......0 goals in 20 games

If he is a goalie then we missed out big.

Reactions: get25

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Cap Friendly has Scherbak with another year as RFA, showing his 2015-16 year as a SLIDE. I know he started the year as a 19 year old, turning 20 in December, but he played 48 games in the AHL and 3 games in the NHL. Does that not constitute the first year of his contract, and if so, is he not RFA this year?

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Cap Friendly has Scherbak with another year as RFA, showing his 2015-16 year as a SLIDE. I know he started the year as a 19 year old, turning 20 in December, but he played 48 games in the AHL and 3 games in the NHL. Does that not constitute the first year of his contract, and if so, is he not RFA this year?

The rules seem to be
If a player who is signed to an entry-level contract and is 18 or 19 years of age (as of September 15 of the signing year), does not play in a minimum of 10 NHL games (including both regular season and playoffs; AHL games do not count), their contract is considered to ‘slide’, or extend, by one year. For example, if a player signed an ELC for three seasons from 2015-16 to 2017-2018, and their contract slides, their contract is now effective from 2016-17 to 2018-19. An exception to this rule is that if the player is 19 on September 15 of the first year of their contract, and turns 20 between September 16 and December 31, their contract does not slide.

Despite playing a "full" AHL season, he didn't play 10 NHL games and was 19 as of Sep 15th, so the contract slides.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
There is a great chance that scherbak becomes my favourite canadien in a long time.

I can't wait until he hits his peak, but he's still the type of player that will come along a little slowly. I just can't stand seeing him play with defensive players. He had Shaw as his center today and it was even worse last game.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I can't wait until he hits his peak, but he's still the type of player that will come along a little slowly. I just can't stand seeing him play with defensive players. He had Shaw as his center today and it was even worse last game.

Galchenyuk 2.0.

Habs management will never learn...:help:

Reactions: Habs100

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Could watch that goal for days

he's got the talent. And I think he's got a good head on his shoulders. I just hope he gets good coaching and puts it all together. At least he's a winger and we don't have to worry about the coach playing him on the wing even though he should be at center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad