Player Discussion Nikita Scherbak - Stay In Yo Lane Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Stay In Yo Lane Edition made reference of his status. Plucking him into lines with defensive players who have'nt connections with him.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Guys,

We've got a player here and I'm pretty sure he is special. I'm ready to buy my Scherbak jersey today. I'm getting those tingles that I haven't felt since we brought up Pacioretty and Subban and you could just tell with those two just like with Scherbak. Man there is nothing better than a drafted farm grown talent. The skill of this kid wow.

Reactions: Redux91

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Guys,

We've got a player here and I'm pretty sure he is special. I'm ready to buy my Scherbak jersey today. I'm getting those tingles that I haven't felt since we brought up Pacioretty and Subban and you could just tell with those two just like with Scherbak. Man there is nothing better than a drafted farm grown talent. The skill of this kid wow.

Me too.

I just can't wait till he plays with two other top six guys.

It's so frustrating the way Julien mixes grinders in with his offensive guys. He's playing with freakin' L. Shaw as his center, while Chucky's wasting away on DLR's wing.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Me too.

I just can't wait till he plays with two other top six guys.

It's so frustrating the way Julien mixes grinders in with his offensive guys. He's playing with freakin' L. Shaw as his center, while Chucky's wasting away on DLR's wing.

I know, he is basically what I hoped Drouin would be. A highlight real machine. I sincerely and this probably isn't the smartest thing to wish but I sincerely wish we tell him to forget about learning the defense aspect of the game like we did with Pacioretty. Just let the other players do the Defense. I wan't my pure offensive player for f***s sake and I think this guy is it.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
By the way, damn those goals are all gorgeous . NS doesn't hesitate to make moves and try all kinds of stuff with the pucks. The responsibles get out many of these types of offensive geniuses out of town instead of atrocious character players. It blows me away.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
One of the very few bright spots of this miserable season. Still incredible they're not doing everything to play him with offensive players.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Guy doesn't know how to score a crappy goal. Another beauty tonight. Sweet hands. We really need him to succeed.

Absolutley. This is the importance of drafting skill. If he succeeds we get a player for free and with the way this team looks we need it. Every player like Scherbak takes a year off of a painful re-build.

I alway's include him in the core we can build off of.

Scherbak
Galchenyuk
Gallagher
Mete
Juulsen
Drouin
Ales Hemsky

I know it's not pretty yet. But it's something.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Absolutley. This is the importance of drafting skill. If he succeeds we get a player for free and with the way this team looks we need it. Every player like Scherbak takes a year off of a painful re-build.

Scherbak
Galchenyuk
Gallagher
Mete
Juulsen
Drouin
Ales Hemsky

I know it's not pretty yet. But it's something.

You had me until.... Hemsky? He has no future in Montreal. Probably no future in the NHL.

Rest is our young core & Scherbak is definitely a part of it, but someone among this group needs to grow into a consistent 60+ pt scorer. Scherbak looks like our best bet.

Talent galore on that kid. Better hands than Chucky & much bigger than Drouin.

Reactions: jayhabs

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
It's a shame Danault and Pacioretty are injured. You'd hope they would push DLR and Logan Shaw out of the top 9 and that way we'd get to see Scherbak with more offensive players.

Reactions: Redux91

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
Unlike Hudon and Lekhonen, I can see Sherback becoming a real top-6 player.

I like Hudon but he'll never be a consistent point producer. Lekhonen same thing.

Carr? Maybe...

Reactions: HBDay

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
I assume that was sarcasm or so I hope.

You had me until.... Hemsky? He has no future in Montreal. Probably no future in the NHL.

Rest is our young core & Scherbak is definitely a part of it, but someone among this group needs to grow into a consistent 60+ pt scorer. Scherbak looks like our best bet.

Talent galore on that kid. Better hands than Chucky & much bigger than Drouin.

You guy's come on. I thought it was hilarious.

Asamu

Aug 24, 2010
Saguenay

Scherbak
Galchenyuk
Gallagher
Mete
Juulsen
Drouin
Ales Hemsky

Alex Hemsky is definitely on top of the list. He was dominant this year and was almost as good as in his 2005-2006 season. I was positively surprised to hear about his signing with the Habs but it didn't work for him unfortunately. Another Seminlike contract. Nevertheless, I still sleep with this t-shirt at least twice a month since 2007. :D

Ohh and about Scherback he's a keeper. Great hands + great hockey sense.

Reactions: HBDay

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
I like forward to see what responsible veteran he's traded for.

Woooaahh hold on man. First we have to bury him for awhile, scratch him, send him back to the A, play him on the fourth, play him off wing, bench him after trying fancy stuff, focus on face off wins, ridicule him in front of the media, make his family and girlfriends life miserable THEN we trade him for a responsible 3rd line veteran.

Reactions: montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I like Hudon but he'll never be a consistent point producer. Lekhonen same thing.

Carr? Maybe...

I think Hudon will get better, he seems so close to being more this year, really think he's going to breakout in a year or two. Lekhonen I hope it's just a sophomore slump, he's certainly got the skills.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013

Carr? Maybe...

Hudon's been playing injured, and hasn't been the same player. I saw him progress to another level before his injury. I think he can be a 40 to 50 point guy, with the right line mates. I deally he gets you 40 to 50 points on a 3rd line. For example, if he's playing on the Pens "3rd Line" with Kessel and Brassard, I think he gets 50 points.

On our team, right now, I have him as one of our best 6 offensive forwards.

Scherbak Galchenyuk Gallagher
Pacioretty Hudon Drouin
Lehkonen Danault Byron
Carr Froese/DLR/L.Saw/A. Shaw Deslaurier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad