Player Discussion Nikita Scherbak - Stay In Yo Lane Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Lmao

I was against calling Scherbak up and this is why. Mess with his confidence sending him down after scoring a beauty goal.

If they aren't going to top 6 him which it seems isn't in the cards for now send him back. Much better than dying on the vine with hacks.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I could understand this from an asset management point of view (ie sending down the guy who doesn't have to clear waivers).. but when the "assets" you're worried about losing are Byron Froese and Logan Shaw, it makes it absolutely hilarious. We have a handful of plugs on the roster who could get waived and not claimed, instead we send down one of the few bright spots.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I could understand this from an asset management point of view (ie sending down the guy who doesn't have to clear waivers).. but when the "assets" you're worried about losing are Byron Froese and Logan Shaw, it makes it absolutely hilarious. We have a handful of plugs on the roster who could get waived and not claimed, instead we send down one of the few bright spots.
Shaw is close to returning as well...so one of our waiver fodder fellows is gonna be on waivers soon.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
This is disappointing. I think I've already lost faith in Julien... he's making the same dumb lineup moves that Therrien did, but with far less discipline being shown on the ice. Say what you want about Therrien, and I wasn't a fan, but his teams were responsible defensively and disciplined. Right now everyone's skating around like their heads are cut off...

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I was for calling him up but not with the idea to send him back. He had to be called up and stayed up. There is NOTHING great at being in the AHL, at a slower pace, being coached by Lefebvre, in a terrible team.

He'll be fine for a week. Let's see what happens after the deadline. If he's not back up then, then I'll have a problem with it.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
If they aren't going to top 6 him which it seems isn't in the cards for now send him back. Much better than dying on the vine with hacks.
Have you seen our sorry sack of wingers. He's definitely a top 6 winger as a rookie. Haha.

Reactions: Rapala

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

He will be called up after the tdl when there is no contract limit.
So he will miss just a few nhl games

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Logan Shaw is not an asset.

I wasn't against claiming Logan Shaw off of waivers. But so far all he's done is pretty much take away ice time from Carr and now Scherbak.

Not his fault though, that's on the idiots in management.

Bergevin: Let's take Carr, whose one of our leading ppg players, even though he plays on the 4th line, out of the lineup for 10 games at a time every time he doesn't score. And let's yo-yo our most promising prospect back and forth between Laval and the NHL now that he's gotten into a grove in the NHL.

The foxhole crew: Brilliant stuff. Here here. Let's do it.

Last edited:

Mikah

Feb 19, 2018

I'm sure they have explained to him why they are sending him down, and he will get called up in a week.

The whole point of assets management here is not about loosing one of those. No one cares about Froese or Logan Shaw. But you never know which team is going to grab a player on waiver and this can have a snowball effect, because that end up being one less spot to fill. X player getting grabbed by a team could mean that team is not going to bid for player Y, who is now competing with one of the players we are trying to unload.

No GMs are going to give away a freebie at this point of the year, when 1/3 of all teams are trying to unload a bunch of players.

It is not about winning or saving money anymore, and there is plenty of games left to play Scherbak until the end of the season.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Waivers likely a factor with Scherbak being sent down. We don't need wins so I really don't care and all this does is keep Scherbak hungry and more motivated. It's part of the process and I am sure he understands.

Reactions: Habs100
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad