Waived: Nick Bonino

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Sometimes a player just doesn't fit well in an organization. Sometimes in the case of an older player he's done. My guess is he's done. I don't think Wheeler is all that far behind him. He started the season blocking shots and winning face-offs. He never produced anything and by the time we waived him he was losing a lot more face-offs than winning and bleeding goals 5v5 and not particularly effective on the PK. I mean if Edstrom was healthy I'd have him up but even with what we have now Bonino wasn't one of our 12 best forwards.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
If they're doing a mutual contract termination it's because Bonino wanted out of his contract. Not to retire, to be able to have the freedom to try to find employment elsewhere. Presumably he'll try to catch on with an NHL team, but if that doesn't materialize he'd still be able to choose to sign with any other professional team, domestic or overseas.
This has "series winning goal" vs Rangers written all over this :laugh:

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Okay? I'd try to get rid of both players and contracts.

My point is that the Bonino hate is unfounded and unintelligent. The guy did his job and played the role of a league minimum 4C well; so many problems with this team and getting rid of a guy that is a puck sponge, good PKer and faceoff guy doesn't help us. He was good depth to keep *unless* they needed to clear his 800k or whatever it was for a bigger move.

If anyone needs to start putting up points its Brodzinski, Kakko and Cuylle to some extent. Not getting anywhere near enough offense out of those guys considering the ice time and zone situations they get

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad