Waived: Nick Bonino

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
messier-goal.gif

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Every f***ing year we sign some washed up scrub in the offseason , smart fans rightfully complain, some people try and explain “bro he’s so cheap and he’s only gonna be 13th forward/7th D don’t worry about it!”

Then he invariably played every single game until halfway thru the season and the team FINALLY gives up on them when everyone who’s ever watched a hockey game predicted it in the offseason.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Drury showing the coach and players he is in charge with this move. No way Laviolette is happy about it. And the players just saw a 2 time cup winner sent packing for performance reasons
Then hopefully this is just the beginning of a purge. He's got a long way to go.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Every f***ing year we sign some washed up scrub in the offseason , smart fans rightfully complain, some people try and explain “bro he’s so cheap and he’s only gonna be 13th forward/7th D don’t worry about it!”

Then he invariably played every single game until halfway thru the season and the team FINALLY gives up on them when everyone who’s ever watched a hockey game predicted it in the offseason.
It's the Rangers way. That's why we always have so much fun rooting for this team!

Reactions: 80shockeywasbuns

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Sam is incredible.

I don't care about mistakes. I can see the game.

Sam adds so much flavor to it which is what a tv announcer is supposed to do.
He's also not a giant f***ing homer.

Bonino sucks but it's not going to fix the overall problem with this team. Good to see they're aware changes need to be made.

I'm not convinced Chytil will last when he comes back but hopefully he does.

They need to upgrade Wheeler but it seems obvious they should realize this.

It's hard to get a gauge on what they think of Kakko. I hope they don't give up on him.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Once again, folks that were ranting about how certain 4th line / 13 F guys were not moveable from the lineup found themself on the outside. Carpenter and Reeves last season. Bonino now.

And please don’t use Goodrow as an example while overpaid and having a down season further impacted by his injury he’s at least proper 4th liner.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
He's also not a giant f***ing homer.

Bonino sucks but it's not going to fix the overall problem with this team. Good to see they're aware changes need to be made.

I'm not convinced Chytil will last when he comes back but hopefully he does.

They need to upgrade Wheeler but it seems obvious they should realize this.

It's hard to get a gauge on what they think of Kakko. I hope they don't give up on him.
Sam is fun when the Rangers are playing well.

When the Rangers suck I can’t suffer Sam and Joe trying to polish a turd and/or fellating the other team.

I love them like a grandfather and uncle but sometimes I listen to the away feed lol

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Hated the signing when it happened and provided the details why.

He doesn't take the body, doesn't score, blocks shots well and actually improved on his faceoff percentage from his downward trend, which was a little surprising...

But overall is such a slow, old player who provides zero offensive depth and not nearly enough jam for the lower lines, something you will need to lean on in the playoffs.

Someone will have to replace his 406/9 faceoffs per game (50.7%) which was the 3rd most on the team, Goodrow (270/6, 53%) and Brodz (147/5.25, 55.8%) are next in line, if they don't make some kind of move.

Or, this may indicate that Chytil is close to returning, possibly. We heard rumors of after the break. But I dont think you can trust him to stay in the lineup the rest of the way

Last edited:

Uglybstrd

Apr 10, 2012
It`s a young mans game. Bonino has had a great career, but everything comes to an end. It`s the right move from the management, hope somebody claims him so we get rid of his cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad