NHL to Seattle Volume XIII - UPDATE 12/7 NHL will accept Seattle application - Expansion fee $650 M

Status
Not open for further replies.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Seattle Thunder
Posting this only because I caught a little flack for suggesting Las Vegas Thunderbirds a few years ago. :laugh:
web1_web_malarchuk.jpg

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
it's quite obvious that Calgary should have renamed them....The Chinooks

Trade Fire for Wind. The Greeks with their 4 elementals would be totally in favor......

Well, there you go with a weather phenomena, pattern.... and most people when they hear or read "Chinook" I'll bet you folding money they think "Salmon"... and youve gotta drive about 1000 kliks west of Calgary to be catching Chinook Salmon. Steelhead closer at hand but Chinooks... not happenin..... and who cares whether the Greeks or Romans would approve?.... of course there may be some precedent in caring about such MNN.... Pompeii; World's Mannequin Champion's since 79AD.... pretty impressive. Quite the Dynasty.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Seattle Thunder

Sorry Atticus. Lame. We dont really get a lot of "thunder" out here.... now, sonic booms, ya, absolutely. Be it Boeing or the 5 mile wide & long Reptillian Mother Ships & or their Scout Ships & Drones that traverse the west coast from their bases down in Antarctica, Albuquerque NM, off the coast of LA near Catalina Island & the high arctic....

... say..... you reside in Albuquerque do you not?..... ever been to Taos?... Great skiing. :frosty:

PCSPounder

Stadium Groupie
Apr 12, 2012
The Outskirts of Nutria Nanny
... ya, see, let me put you straight on this ps..... Sasquatch is in fact found well beyond the Pacific NW.... Bigfoot in California & Oregon.... Wendigo in central Canada, from Ontario-PQ-NB-Maritimes, parts of New England, Vermont... called the Grassman in Ohio.... Skunk Ape in Florida... Yowie in Australia.... Yeren in Jhina..... Yeti in the Himalayas... Almas in Mongolia and so on..... all the same.... everywhere.... inhabiting a labyrinth of underground tunnels & caves that were built by our Alien forefathers millions of years ago, bomb shelters to protect humanity from the first major galactic war that destroyed Outpost Mars & obliterated a Class M planet in our solar system between Mars & Jupiter killing hundreds of millions, the remains of which you primitives now call the Asteroid Belt...

These tunnels still maintained by Bigfoot, the various species and used as super-highways, inter-continental transportation corridors, and yes, so called Alien bases..... also..... Colorado gunna sue Seattle if they attempt to hijack their shoulder patches so that names out. Im guessing they think they have it covered with trademark, copyright protection... have a claim on Bigfoot given that Denver International Airport was built on top of one of the main entrances, portals to the society that lives underfoot. Oh, they think theyve covered it up, nothing to see here....Dead giveaway at Denver International everything from the absolutely bizarre artwork throughout the complex to elevators that go down over a half a mile. Made the mistake of getting on one once... was loaded at the time but still. :scared:

And (because I believe this a proper amendment) that poor creature really has to hustle into and out of worldwide dressing rooms to get semi-sighted as each creature and truly- if the aliens have thought this through- has seriously built up its miles on the spaceship members club.

I found it funny on that blog how many outsiders really want to go with Metropolitans while the locals are generally not having it, BTW. History can only do so much, y'all.

Of course, my preferred name is Cody Glass Will Have His Revenge On Seattle, but that's another story.

I've also heard the "Hipsters" name enough (both Portland and Seattle) that I want to sentence the people who use that name to wearing the nuclear piss yellow Sounders kits from 2013 or so... to work. If you rightly get fired for that, all the better.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
I think the Metropolitans is a terrible name. I understand the history, but agreed with PCSP that it only goes so far. Metropolitans is just not a name for a 21st century franchise.

Tawnos, not only did I take the time to explain the origins of the Flames moniker as you were confused & you didnt even bother to "like" it much less respond... your now getting up my other nostril in claiming you know the history of the Metropolitan's name and understand why fans in Seattle might want to tag an NHL franchise with that moniker however..... I have my doubts that you do in fact understand its full significance (beyond the Stanley Cup, PCHA years) and why the club was called the Metropolitan's in the first place.... amIright?. Ha?...

And yes, it is decidedly an early 20th Century term, speaks to the age of American Art Deco... and that in itself a highly marketable commodity in terms of design execution, from colorization to logo design & so on & so forth. Could do a real bang-up job of it with that handle; Seattle Metropolitan's. Speakeasy's, Bootleggers, Rumrunners, early flight with a nod to Boeing etc... I like it.... they were called that after a company called the Metropolitan Building Company which built much of the city as its known today during this period, very important player historically beyond hockey, friends & business associates of the Lumber Baron Patrick family of BC who founded the PCHA, the Patricks of course one of the Royal Families of the Game & the NHL.

Last edited:

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Tawnos, not only did I take the time to explain the origins of the Flames moniker as you were confused & you didnt even bother to "like" it much less respond... your now getting up my other nostril in claiming you know the history of the Metropolitan's name and understand why fans in Seattle might want to tag an NHL franchise with that moniker however..... I have my doubts that you do in fact understand its full significance (beyond the Stanley Cup, PCHA years) and why the club was called the Metropolitan's in the first place.... amIright?. Ha?...

And yes, it is decidedly an early 20th Century term, speaks to the age of American Art Deco... and that in itself a highly marketable commodity in terms of design execution, from colorization to logo design & so on & so forth. Could do a real bang-up job of it with that handle; Seattle Metropolitan's. Speakeasy's, Bootleggers, Rumrunners, early flight with a nod to Boeing etc... I like it.... they were called that after a company called the Seattle Metropolitan Construction Company which built much of the city as its known today during this period, very important player historically beyond hockey, friends & business associates of the Lumber Baron Patrick family of BC who founded the PCHA, the Patricks of course one of the Royal Families of the Game & the NHL.

Metropolitan building company.

Reactions: Killion

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Metropolitan building company.

Thats right... They built the Arena Building in 1915 that housed the PCHA franchise, the old Cobb Building & many other historically significant buildings..... something you first pointed out to me so thanks again tommy. ;)

Jeffrey93

Nov 7, 2007
If the idiot NHL didn't use the 'It's just about 2:30 on a Friday...let's wrap this up' division name of "Metropolitan Division"....then I'd say Seattle Metropolitans for sure.

Since the NHL lacked effort and vision....Metropolitans is out, so is Mets and Metros.

I figure it will be something like Seattle Thunder....Seattle Thunderbirds....Seattle Spiders.

I don't like any of those names....if I named the team...it'd be Seattle Sounders.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
If the idiot NHL didn't use the 'It's just about 2:30 on a Friday...let's wrap this up' division name of "Metropolitan Division"....then I'd say Seattle Metropolitans for sure.

Since the NHL lacked effort and vision....Metropolitans is out, so is Mets and Metros.

I figure it will be something like Seattle Thunder....Seattle Thunderbirds....Seattle Spiders.

I don't like any of those names....if I named the team...it'd be Seattle Sounders.

The NHL can easily rename the division if Seattle went with Metropolitains. Please don't make it an issue when its not one.

Jeffrey93

Nov 7, 2007
The NHL can easily rename the division if Seattle went with Metropolitains. Please don't make it an issue when its not one.
Yeah....just rename a division to appease an expansion franchise.

While we're at it....the Seattle Metros demand PUCK be replaced with BUCK, as it will align with Starbucks endorsements.

No big deal....just call the puck a buck from now on. Right?

Changing stuff every other year to appease people isn't cool.

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
Sorry Atticus. Lame. We dont really get a lot of "thunder" out here.... now, sonic booms, ya, absolutely. Be it Boeing or the 5 mile wide & long Reptillian Mother Ships & or their Scout Ships & Drones that traverse the west coast from their bases down in Antarctica, Albuquerque NM, off the coast of LA near Catalina Island & the high arctic....

... say..... you reside in Albuquerque do you not?..... ever been to Taos?... Great skiing. :frosty:

You in the area Killion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad