NHL to Seattle Volume XIII - UPDATE 12/7 NHL will accept Seattle application - Expansion fee $650 M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
You and me both. I am not a fan of 'Kraken' at all.

... the mythical Kraken of lore & fable supposedly dwelt off the coast's of Norway & Greenland so not even native to the Pacific.... the only connection to Seattle, and tenuous at best is Melvilles Moby Dick... when Chief Mate Starbuck mentions "the Kraken" as being "the last thing many a Whaler ever saw" or some such nonsense.... I mean, seriously.... I can think of millions of things scarier than a squid... octopus. Gimme a break.... Scary?.... Go to Taki's Mad Greek there in Seattle on 15th NW nw... order yourself some Calamari, big ol' bottle of Ouzo.... thats scary, also, the guy who owns the joint, looks like a Hitman for the Mob, some kinda Assassin, eyeballin ya like... until you have a few shots then it dont matter... get past the stink of the booze... fact your eating squid.... real nice buzz starts ta setting in lemme tell ya... live music.... Belly Dancing.... whole 9 yards.... my big fat Greek hangover....

Last edited:
Reactions: nwhockeyfan
Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
... the mythical Kraken of lore & fable supposedly dwelt off the coast's of Norway & Greenland so not even native to the Pacific.... the only connection to Seattle, and tenuous at best is Melvilles Moby Dick... when Chief Mate Starbuck mentions "the Kraken" as being "the last thing many a Whaler ever saw" or some such nonsense.... I mean, seriously.... I can think of millions of things scarier than a squid... octopus. Gimme a break.... Scary?.... Go to Taki's Mad Greek there in Seattle nw... order yourself some Calamari, big ol' bottle of Ouzo.... thats scary... until you have a few shots then it dont matter... get past the stink of the booze... fact your eating squid.... real nice buzz starts ta setting in lemme tell ya... live music too....

Seattle has a large Scandinavian community with strong ties to maritime and shipping. Also the Kraken is obviously based off of Giant Squid, which do live off the waters of Washington.

Reactions: Killion

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Seattle has a large Scandinavian community with strong ties to maritime and shipping. Also the Kraken is obviously based off of Giant Squid, which do live off the waters of Washington.

... unhuh.... you need to put away the 1774 Juan Perez map with the "here be monsters" notations super d.... see, they mined Puget Sound in 1950 so they could hold the first Seafair safely..... keep the damn things out... attacking yer Grand Prix Hydroplanes... T & Y Class.... my favorites, Crackerbox.... Man those things can fly.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille