NHL Playoff Odds

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Ducks just need to win regardless of opponent how good they are or how good they are playing. If these are must win/sack up games then we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
how the standings look right now is my guess at how it’ll end.

Vegas
Sharks
Kings

Nashville
Jets
Wild

Stars
Ducks

52% chance of making the playoffs.

rlstine

Jun 14, 2017
Columbus is playing Korpisalo (.903) against LA. We get Bobrovsky (.920). That's not going to help

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
I still feel like 98/99 points is the magic number. Currently at 76 points.

17 games left, need to win 10, lose 2 in OT and loss 5. Or some combo of that

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I still feel like 98/99 points is the magic number. Currently at 76 points.

17 games left, need to win 10, lose 2 in OT and loss 5. Or some combo of that
that number felt high to me before but now seems right with all of the teams in the hunt. Who would have thought Colorado would be in the mix.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I still think it's more likely than not that we don't make it. Need to string a lot of wins together and we need at least one of the teams ahead of us to fall apart more or less. But they all play each other.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
I still think it's more likely than not that we don't make it. Need to string a lot of wins together and we need at least one of the teams ahead of us to fall apart more or less. But they all play each other.

No we don’t need to string a lot of wins together. That’d be ideal. Bt not necessary- we can back into the playoffs by going 10-7, 11-6, that’s not even 2 wins for every loss.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
No we don’t need to string a lot of wins together. That’d be ideal. Bt not necessary- we can back into the playoffs by going 10-7, 11-6, that’s not even 2 wins for every loss.
I don't think 96 points will do it. Maybe 98, but we have fewer ROWs than everyone we're battling. I think we need to take it outright.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
A potentially big hurdle is the fact that we will lose a tie breaker to any team. We have to be a point ahead of everybody to achieve a standings position. That could well be what bites us in the ass.

Edit: OK, I'm slow this morning.

What Booger said.

Reactions: Boogernaut

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
69% now.

7-1-1 in our last 9, and those two were stupid loses. Need at least 10 wins

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
69% now.

7-1-1 in our last 9, and those two were stupid loses. Need at least 10 wins
So 52% with bieksa in the lineup or 79% with bieksa scratched.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
80 points, playoff chances up to 78%.

8-5-2, 7-4-4, 9-6 records in our last 15 games gets us into the playoffs.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Whete do you get these from? I know the Athletic's guy has us at like 87% and that Moneypuck website had us at 12% after the Chicago game, but I don't know of anyone else who does it.
Any site having us at 12% after the Chicago game needs to check it's formula. Every place I have seen has us in the 80% range.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Any site having us at 12% after the Chicago game needs to check it's formula. Every place I have seen has us in the 80% range.

They did lol. I never really followed them until recently when someone posted one of their pie charts for some other team and I noticed we were at like 17% and St.Louis was at like 70%, and that was right before the Chicago game, where we fell afterwards. They said it had something to do with late night games not being counted, which makes little sense to me, but they claim it's fixed. Up to 71% now I think lol.

rlstine

Jun 14, 2017
Vegas is starting to look like the smoke and mirrors are coming apart, so whoever comes out of the Pacific will have the easiest road to the conference final. The Ducks right now would get SJ then VGK/LA which is substantially easier than if they finished as the second wild card and they'd have to face Nashville then Winnipeg.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Vegas is starting to look like the smoke and mirrors are coming apart, so whoever comes out of the Pacific will have the easiest road to the conference final. The Ducks right now would get SJ then VGK/LA which is substantially easier than if they finished as the second wild card and they'd have to face Nashville then Winnipeg.

Wouldn't Vegas play Dallas? L.A. would get Nashville

rlstine

Jun 14, 2017
Wouldn't Vegas play Dallas? L.A. would get Nashville

Oh yeah, that's right. The key is to not finish in that 8th seed.

As of right now, I think the Ducks can beat any team in the conference except Nashville but they definitely want to avoid Winnipeg if possible as they're far and away the second strongest team. To have any chance of making it to the SC final they need to go through the easier road of San Jose/Vegas/LA/DAL and hope for Nashville and Winnipeg to suffer some injuries. Finishing as the 8th seed is basically like not qualifying for the playoffs at all.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Oh yeah, that's right. The key is to not finish in that 8th seed.

As of right now, I think the Ducks can beat any team in the conference except Nashville but they definitely want to avoid Winnipeg if possible as they're far and away the second strongest team. To have any chance of making it to the SC final they need to go through the easier road of San Jose/Vegas/LA/DAL and hope for Nashville and Winnipeg to suffer some injuries. Finishing as the 8th seed is basically like not qualifying for the playoffs at all.

I'd love to see L.A. vs Nashville in the first round and Jets vs Preds in the second. Only way anyone has a chance is if they get worn out by physical teams early

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00