NHL Playoff Odds

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
Been a while since I was concerned about regular season games down the stretch. I don’t like it.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
As far as I'm concerned, the next 2 games are pretty much the season anyway. You can't beat Vancouver with no Boeser and get swept by a terrible Detroit team at home with everything to play for, you deserve to be sitting at home in April and May.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
Calgary, Colorado, LA, and Dallas all play tonight and only the Avs play a team currently in the playoff picture (Minnesota). So the three teams ahead of us today could all pick up more points tonight and further separate themselves, and if Calgary wins we are looking at being in 10th place in the west before we play our next game tomorrow.

We are 4 or 5 more losses away from missing the playoffs.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Looks like Kings will be up by one point having played same number of games and the Flames will be tied with us having played extra game. Still bit of time left though.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017

Pray to the heavens.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Where is everyone taking the magic 98?

We have to look our psoition relative to other teams and how many inter-playoff-race-team games are available (potential 3 point games) and how many games we have against other playoff race teams (potntial -4 to 4 point games).

rlstine

Jun 14, 2017
Ducks have the softest schedule of any team left in the Western conference. Only 1 back to back (ARI) and only one good team (WPG). Colorado and Dallas have the toughest schedules by far.

One team in pretty big trouble right now is Dallas. They have to play Toronto, Washington, Boston, and Philadelphia and they have some pretty serious injuries. I could see them falling out pretty easily.

Also I know it's been said here plenty of times already but it's probably best long term if the Ducks miss the playoffs. They need everyone healthy (I believe Lindholm and Vatanen both injured their shoulders in the first round last year) and Kesler is obviously not nearly as effective as he can be. One thing I don't see talked about though as far as making the playoffs is the financial aspect of it. Every home game in the playoffs is worth about $1 million in revenue so even a first round playoff series nets $2-4 million, something I'm sure Samueli and Murray are aware of.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I think they will come through, make the playoffs and get blitzed by their first round opponent with the exception of Vegas who we would handle easily.

Reactions: Duck Off

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
I think they will come through, make the playoffs and get blitzed by their first round opponent with the exception of Vegas who we would handle easily.
Funny. I think they’d be the worst team for us to play. They’d out work us. I feel like we can get up for any team in the first round - Nashville/LAK/SJS. But Vegas will out Work us in a 7 game series

Reactions: Boogernaut

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Ducks have the softest schedule of any team left in the Western conference. Only 1 back to back (ARI) and only one good team (WPG). Colorado and Dallas have the toughest schedules by far.

One team in pretty big trouble right now is Dallas. They have to play Toronto, Washington, Boston, and Philadelphia and they have some pretty serious injuries. I could see them falling out pretty easily.

Also I know it's been said here plenty of times already but it's probably best long term if the Ducks miss the playoffs. They need everyone healthy (I believe Lindholm and Vatanen both injured their shoulders in the first round last year) and Kesler is obviously not nearly as effective as he can be. One thing I don't see talked about though as far as making the playoffs is the financial aspect of it. Every home game in the playoffs is worth about $1 million in revenue so even a first round playoff series nets $2-4 million, something I'm sure Samueli and Murray are aware of.
I wonder if they're profiting 2-4 mil or if that's just revenue. If just revenue I wonder what the profit margins are. That's a lot of money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad