NHL Mock Draft Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
I know..it is tough to pick such a team while thinking about how much injury prone a guy is. I am just trying to pick a team that can go the distance and not a team that could go the distance if every player is healthy.

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
Alright folks..Enough about the Lemieux pick. I am happy with the selection so lets move on. jtuzzi21 is on the clock wit Fredez able to pick at 1am ET

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Okay. So we are all GMs with open pocketbooks from ownership to go out and assemble a championship team for the next season. Mario still wouldn't be the second player I'd pick. The fourth, fifth or sixth perhaps, but not the second, and I'd have been very surprised if he was anybody's first. (Five years ago, yes. Now, no.)

In other news: pick darn it, pick !

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
I have an answer to the weirdness. I have just been PM'ed that Jtuzzi has been banned for 1 month. It would probably be best if we did a 14 team draft or unless someone wishes to take his place in the next while. Therefore, Fredez is now up.

I may take a while but i will make my pick around 1:15 ET as that is when i get home from school. Sorry for the inconvenince

Last edited:

shelovesshanny

Feb 11, 2004
Littleton, Colorado
heres a thought. how bout we use the draft order to take turns making jtuzzis pick. as in the guy second in the order gets to pick for him in the second round and the guy third in the order picks for the third round and so on. so long as everybody can honestly make the best pick possible for that team. just a thought.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
That would mean the ones who pick right after him get to ensure their man doesn't get picked? No thanks.

That system is biased in favour of those who draft soon after him and against those who draft much farther away.

I think it's okay if we start at the end of the drafting order and work backwards. Otherwise some elite players early in the draft will be strategically avoided.

Instead, let's just continue the system: 12 hours then move on. If the guy shows up later he can pick then.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
misfit said:
So what happens to Brodeur? Does he go back into the draft or is he lost in limbo?
I cannot think of a fair way of getting him. (I would have snapped him up by now as would many others)

Consider him injured or on a contract holdout, or playing a year in another league, or with a franchise having opperation problems, etc.

We are comparing our drafting skill and seeing how good a roster we can draft compared to others.

Let's keep it simple and everyone on the same level playing field. No need to tick anyone off. Let's just move on.

Last edited:

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
Wanting to pick so bad here!!
Where are you shelovesshanny??
You are usually always here by now during the week.....

Wow, this has been the worst day ever for this draft so far.............Where is everyone anyways????

Last edited:

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :help:
:nopity:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad