NHL Mock Draft Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
shelovesshanny said:
any thoughts on exactly how many rounds this should and will be?
Four lines
six defensemen
two goalies
=
20 rounds

Then we can start a poll on a thread listing the rosters and get the HFBoards users' opinions of top teams.

It'll take a couple of months, but that's the nature of this kind of draft. Check in every couple of days inbetween picks.

If we go with 20 rounds (or 22 if we're allowed two extra skaters for special teams) then perhaps midway through the draft (after the 10th or 11th round) we could reduce the wait period from 12 hours to 6 hours.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
hossy316 said:
Wanting to pick so bad here!!
Where are you shelovesshanny??
You are usually always here by now during the week.....

Wow, this has been the worst day ever for this draft so far.............Where is everyone anyways????
Where are you hossy?

hossy316 said:
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :help:

:nopity:
You must be asleep!! It's been over 4 hours already. Take your time. Sleep well.

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
No, I actually have a life and the only time I am online is at work during the day. I am only logged in tonight cause I knew that someone would have picked as soon as my 12 hours were up. Anyways:

:edmonton

will select...............................

Daniel Alfredsson

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
hossy316 said:
No, I actually have a life and the only time I am online is at work during the day. I am only logged in tonight cause I knew that someone would have picked as soon as my 12 hours were up.

Ahh thats so amusing. You get all antsy and start complaining when someone hasn't made their pick within half of their alloted time, only to pull out the 'I actually have a life' card when you hold up the draft yourself. :joker:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I am starting an 8-hour work shift right now, so I'll be able to pick right after work (the 12 hours will be up for the other guy).

I will pick for sure between eight and nine hours nomis, so prepare your next pick then.

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
Nomis said:
dont worry ive got my picks set for the next 4 rounds :)

:eek:

I had a hard enough time deciding who to take with my last pick, let alone planning any more than 1 in advance. :)

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
VanIslander said:
I am starting an 8-hour work shift right now, so I'll be able to pick right after work (the 12 hours will be up for the other guy).

I will pick for sure between eight and nine hours nomis, so prepare your next pick then.

Where do you live? Those are some horrible work hours if you're in N.A. somewhere.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Lehtonen32 said:
Where do you live? Those are some horrible work hours if you're in N.A. somewhere.
Great working hours! Here in South Korea. 1 p.m.- 9 p.m.

It's 7:05 p.m. but my smallest adult class is empty because yesterday was part of the three-day Chusok holiday, basically a sort of Thanksgiving Day of celebrating the harvest and honouring one's ancestors. I teach English as a Second Language (ESL). I was the guy on the World Cup Forum who caught the Sweden-Finland game on ESPN's webcast but couldn't find the other games broadcasted or webcasted anywhere. (I was also the same guy who predicted a Canada over Finland Final before the tourney began, but that's another matter.) The Koreans are the most internet-connected country in the world per capita, same with mobile phone usage, as Samsung and LG handsets are everywhere, many feeling the social pressure to get the latest models, like the 3.0 megapixel digital camera phones common around here. People also invest a lot of money to get new cars, so there's not many older ones on the road. Social pressure has made this into as technologically advanced country as Japan, and just next door.

I'm a Canadian hockey nut stranded in an oasis of hi-tech, with every imaginable soccer, baseball and basketball game on t.v., but not a single hockey game. "Too violent," Koreans say, as no one I meet likes the game, very few do in this country. (Though Esa Tikkanen is playing here, for a Korean team in the new Asian hockey league which also has some Russian developmental teams based in the east - but no tv coverage, just live games if I travel four hours to see the game near Seoul, away from where I am.) "Too violent" and yet there's boxing, kickboxing and squat on a guy and pummel him while he's down boxing galore!! And taekwondo up the yinyang. And Koreans wonder why they lost the 2010 Olympics bid to my native Vancouver (I am a Vancouver Islander = VanIslander). In fact, I was born in the same hospital room as was Burnaby Joe, and only a few weeks before him.

Anyways, I have two more hours of work ahead of me before I go to my great apartment near the beach on this island off the southeast coast, turn on my computer and hopefully can then pick one of the two players I really want, as I watch CSI:4 and then one of the five movie channels. Did I mention I pay no rent? Only 3% income tax? ... Life of an ESL teacher in this country is sweeter than in Japan, it really is. And the local food is great if you like it spicy.

But no hockey. :cry: (sniff, sniff)... then again, I picked the right year to be here. I think I'll stay until the lockout is finished.

PICK MAN PICK... You can be sure that I'll pick as soon as I can nomis. Maximum five hours before I will draft. Max.

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
Lehtonen32 said:
Ahh thats so amusing. You get all antsy and start complaining when someone hasn't made their pick within half of their alloted time, only to pull out the 'I actually have a life' card when you hold up the draft yourself. :joker:

Only because shelovesshanny was online during the day on Mon & Tues, so I figured they would be around yesterday to make their pick.

shelovesshanny

Feb 11, 2004
Littleton, Colorado
hossy316 said:
Only because shelovesshanny was online during the day on Mon & Tues, so I figured they would be around yesterday to make their pick.

Unfortunately my work bounces me around at different times of the day so dont assume ill be here at regular hours. wish i could but its not likely at all.

shelovesshanny

Feb 11, 2004
Littleton, Colorado
I'm quite happy so far. I was really in a pickle on that last round. has anyone made a trade yet. ive been tryin to get that goin a little bit just to spice it up but ive only gotten one response so far.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
hossy316 said:
Sooooooooooooooo.......................
Is everyone happy with their teams so far???
Captains Sakic and Alfredsson with Gonchar on the powerplay? The Edmonton Oilers has the beginning building blocks of a Cup champion.

The Capitals' Datsyk, Lidstrom, Turco are great defensively but are too Red Wings fan-like for my liking.

I just went for the sickest line: Naslund, Elias, Guerin

Last edited:

shelovesshanny

Feb 11, 2004
Littleton, Colorado
VanIslander said:
Captains Sakic and Alfredsson with Gonchar on the powerplay? The Edmonton Oilers has the beginning building blocks of a Cup champion.

The Capitals' Datsyk, Lidstrom, Turco are great defensively but are too Red Wings fan-like for my liking.

I just went for the sickest line: Naslund, Elias, Guerin

thats exactly what i thought when i picked datsyuk. i was thinking modano but age and potential played into my decision. the third round has been by far the toughest. lots of players there all at the same level. and yes that is a very sick line. you may just outscore youre opponents with that one line. youll only need a goalie along the lines of jim carey to win.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
shelovesshanny said:
...youll only need a goalie along the lines of jim carey to win.
Man, when he was hot he was hot, eh?

There's a couple of great goaltenders left to draft and I get another pick soon.

Nomis

Jun 2, 2004
Port Coquitlam, BC
Sorry took me so long just woke up......neways
Monreal is shocked that this player is still available in the late third round.......the Canadians are very happy to select:

Nikolai Khabibulin(G)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad