NHL Mock Draft Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
hossy316 said:
Well, I would say that PensFan95 is now able to pick, it's been over 36 hours since the last selection.........................

I would think jtuzzi21 could pick now as well (12 hours for Newfie Bruin, 12 hours for PensFan95, and 12 hours for fredez).

shelovesshanny

Feb 11, 2004
Littleton, Colorado
does anybody know how long the site was down. we should restart the time count at a couple hours after the site was back up just because some may not know when it started back up and obviously nobody could pick while it was down. just a thought. :dunno:

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
shelovesshanny said:
does anybody know how long the site was down. we should restart the time count at a couple hours after the site was back up just because some may not know when it started back up and obviously nobody could pick while it was down. just a thought. :dunno:

They could not have picked while it was down, but they could have last night or today. I dont think that we should restart the time count as they can pick as soon as any of them come online. Just my opinion.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
shelovesshanny said:

It was down? I was on every day this weekend.

ORBluesFan

Jul 31, 2003
Portland, OR
I know it was down most of Sunday day. I did get on Saturday morning no problem, and Saturday night I could see the board but couldn't open threads. By Sunday night it was OK again.

Patience people, it's not like we'll be seeing NHL action anytime soon :banghead:

fredez

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
It seems that I can make my pick right now.

Quebec Nordiques are proud to select Miikka Kiprusoff

Last edited:

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
Newfie Bruin said:
The Bruins are shocked yet very pleased to select one of the all time greatest players in the history of the game... MARIO LEMIEUX!!!!
I'm not shocked. You said it: "history"

We are drafting for a 2004/2005 season, whether one starts or not. And Mario isn't more important to a team's success at this moment than Kiprusoff or Hejduk.

Everyone drafted before him, and a couple yet to be picked, are clearly more deserving RIGHT NOW.

In the opinion of several of us, obviously.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
I had actually planned to take him with my last pick, but when it got to my pick, and St.Louis was still available, I couldn't pass him up. I'm still a little shocked that St. Louis was still there for my second pick.

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
Today Mario is still one of the Top Forwards in the game. He has that leadership that every team wants, he can get physical at the right time, he put it in the net or set it up. He is one of those guys that if you stuck him on a line wit Oliwa and Belak, they'd have 40 points easily! Say what you want about him. I was actually shocked that he wasnt picked in the first round of the draft let alone ending stages of the second. I said earlier that this was a draft that basically this was the last NHL Season and pick a winner.

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
Newfie Bruin said:
I said earlier that this was a draft that basically this was the last NHL Season and pick a winner.

You did? Oh.

I'm just drafting a team as normal, one that can compete now but will still be able to compete 5-10+ years down the road too.. :dunno:

ORBluesFan

Jul 31, 2003
Portland, OR
Newfie Bruin said:
Today Mario is still one of the Top Forwards in the game. He has that leadership that every team wants, he can get physical at the right time, he put it in the net or set it up. He is one of those guys that if you stuck him on a line wit Oliwa and Belak, they'd have 40 points easily! Say what you want about him. I was actually shocked that he wasnt picked in the first round of the draft let alone ending stages of the second. I said earlier that this was a draft that basically this was the last NHL Season and pick a winner.

Problem is he hasn't shown he can stay healthy over a long season for several years. I think he makes a good 3rd/4th rounder, but has only played more than a half year once in the last 4. For one game takes all or even one playoff series, you betcha he's still one of the best. To have him last for 82+ potentially 28 more? That's about the same number of games he's played the last 3 years combined. I wouldn't count on it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->