NHL Draft Lottery Simulator.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
:laugh: First time using it:

Love it. :yo:

I hope you're loving that 6.5 million dollar anchor. So kind of your GM to send us Kapanen and a first :yo:.

Speaking of your first rounder this year, thanks again also for consistently being just good enough to squeak into the playoffs for most of this season. Keep it up. :yo:

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
1. Leafs
2. Flames
3. Coyotes
4. Oilers
5. Jets
6 Sabres
and so on..

I'll take that.

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
The draft may push us back year with the 4th pick, but who knows what happens with next years draft. My expectation is we finish somewhere between 5-12. We may end up moving way down.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Running Simulator 50 times

Team 1st 2nd 3rd Top 3
Leafs 14 5 9 28
Oilers 8 6 2 16
Jets 6 8 5 19
Sabres 4 10 6 20
Flames 3 6 10 19

I ran this simulator 50 times and the odds to pick top 3 as per these results are 56% and the odds to pick 1st OA are 28%, 2nd OA only 10% and 3rd OA 18%

Go figure

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
1. Toronto
2. Calgary
3. Vancouver
17. Toronto (VIA PIT)
31. Toronto
54. Toronto (VIA WSH)
61. Toronto
72. Toronto (VIA NJD)
91. Toronto

Leafs draft Matthews, Bean, Hart, Girard/Mascherin, Day, Lajoie, Gleason

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
1. Toronto
2. Calgary
3. Vancouver
17. Toronto (VIA PIT)
31. Toronto
54. Toronto (VIA WSH)
61. Toronto
72. Toronto (VIA NJD)
91. Toronto

My God - not sure what's wrong with Day? until late last year he was projected to be a 1st rounder

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
My God - not sure what's wrong with Day? until late last year he was projected to be a 1st rounder

He's really struggled this year. Though those tools he had are still there. I mean we've been in the business of drafting high risk high reward players since Hunter started drafting for us, and I think Day (which with huge risk) does have a high reward if he can turn it around

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS

He's really struggled this year. Though those tools he had are still there. I mean we've been in the business of drafting high risk high reward players since Hunter started drafting for us, and I think Day (which with huge risk) does have a high reward if he can turn it around

I personally don't think he drops passed the 3rd round, but if we can get him in 4th or 5th I'd be on board.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
This sucks man...

Why couldn't they have changed this system last year, or next year, not in the year when the Leafs actually are the worst team in the league. Knowing our luck we're not going to win the lottery for 1, 2 or 3.

StevieBlunder

Jun 17, 2015
1- Toronto.
2- Buffalo.
3- Edmonton.

A dream... I do it again and the Leafs are picking 5th with the Sens and Habs going 1/2 respectively.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I might be one of the few but I wouldn't mind dropping to 4th if we don't get 1st. We will still get Chychrun.

Let's face it, we still have a year or two to go before we contend. The lottery draws that make it tough for us to win the 1st overall pick this year could end up helping us win the 1st overall pick in a year or two.

Chicago won the lottery and jumped from 5th overall in a really bad draft to pick Patrick Kane which bumped the Flyers to 2nd overall...couple years later Patrick Kane scores the GWG winning goal to win the Cup against Philly.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
1. Toronto
2. Calgary
3. Vancouver
17. Toronto (VIA PIT)
31. Toronto
54. Toronto (VIA WSH)
61. Toronto
72. Toronto (VIA NJD)
91. Toronto

Matthews, Bean, Hart, would be ideal for our first three picks IMO. That's what I'm hoping for. Would go a long way towards filling three big holes in the lineup.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
This sucks man...

Why couldn't they have changed this system last year, or next year, not in the year when the Leafs actually are the worst team in the league. Knowing our luck we're not going to win the lottery for 1, 2 or 3.

Yea it does suck... this year. But when the leafs arent finishing dead last, it will be more beneficial.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
My first spin was Toronto, Columbus, Arizona. I'd call that ideal. Either take #1 or I'd be really tempted to trade with Arizona for Strome and their pick. I'd rather two high end bullets in the barrel.

Running it 20 times, Toronto had a top 3 pick 50% of the time. Oddly, despite seventh best odds, so did Arizona.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
My first spin was Toronto, Columbus, Arizona. I'd call that ideal. Either take #1 or I'd be really tempted to trade with Arizona for Strome and their pick. I'd rather two high end bullets in the barrel.

Running it 20 times, Toronto had a top 3 pick 50% of the time. Oddly, despite seventh best odds, so did Arizona.

Can this guy do the official NHL lottery? No pressure, but if the Leafs don't get 1st...someone might put a Kapanen your ass.

LeafsandSharksfan

Cero Miedo
Jan 19, 2010
My first draw since the Leafs fell to 30th:

1 Philadelphia Flyers
2 Toronto Maple Leafs
3 Calgary Flames
4 Edmonton Oilers
5 Winnipeg Jets
6 Buffalo Sabres

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Someone I know ran the test 100 times, for 3 days(500 in total).

Leafs had about a 49% chance of drafting in the top 3.

So a coin flip, which is ironic(and sucky) because the one year they start not guaranteeing a top 2 pick to the last place team is the year we likely have it.

If that's not Leafs, I don't know what is.

I've already made up my mind that we are drafting either Tkachuk or Dubois, because there is no way we'd draft in the top 3, because when do the Leafs ever get that type of luck?

lol

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I've run this simulator enough times to know i'm going to be disappointed on draft lottery day.

:handclap:

It's true.

It's not even about being a cynic, the numbers/test trial runs of the simulator show crazy wild results.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
1. Edmonton
2. Leafs

Better then 4.
Maybe. But that also means another radical change in the lotto system. The league is sick and tired of Edmonton picking first overall. They've already changed the system twice based on that team and I'd rather not have it get any worse than it already is.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
I might be one of the few but I wouldn't mind dropping to 4th if we don't get 1st. We will still get Chychrun.

Let's face it, we still have a year or two to go before we contend. The lottery draws that make it tough for us to win the 1st overall pick this year could end up helping us win the 1st overall pick in a year or two.

Chicago won the lottery and jumped from 5th overall in a really bad draft to pick Patrick Kane which bumped the Flyers to 2nd overall...couple years later Patrick Kane scores the GWG winning goal to win the Cup against Philly.

I'm with you. Yeah, Matthews is probably going to be really good, but nobody can say with 100% certainty that the Finns will be better than, say, Chychrun or Dubois. We can speculate and make educated guesses, but that's about it. 4th or 5th overall is fine.

Also, good point about the lottery in the next few years. If we're a bubble team and win a top 3 pick, how great would that be? It's bound to happen eventually.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
As long as MTL , EDM, VAN are out of the top 3 i'm happy. Toronto, Calgary and Winnipeg is who i would like to see pick top 3. I just have this realllllllly bad feeling we're gonna get shafted again. The one year where the top 3 are all elite level prospects and we're almost guaranteed a top 2 pick is the year the format is different. Please NHL just a top 3 pick, that is all.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad