NHL Draft Lottery Simulator.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Which of these outcomes would be worse if Toronto ends up finishing 30th overall.

Toronto getting the 2nd overall pick and Edmonton getting the 1st overall pick?

Toronto getting the 4th overall pick and Edmonton getting the 1st overall pick?

Obviously getting the 2nd pick sounds a lot better, however I'm talking if Edmonton ends up getting the 1st pick at the expense of Toronto.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Which of these outcomes would be worse if Toronto ends up finishing 30th overall.

Well either way Edmonton is picking 1st, so of course the scenario where we pick 4th is the worst situation.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA

Obviously getting the 2nd pick sounds a lot better, however I'm talking if Edmonton ends up getting the 1st pick at the expense of Toronto.

The one where the Leafs get the worse pick.

I wouldn't be that upset if we got Laine while those losers in Edmonton got Matthews. I would be pissed though if we got 4th, that would be a joke.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The one where the Leafs get the worse pick.

I wouldn't be that upset if we got Laine while those losers in Edmonton got Matthews. I would be pissed though if we got 4th, that would be a joke.
I agree with what you said, however part of me would also think they lost another 1st overall pick to the Oilers for the second straight year.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto

Laine will make the pain go away.

Picking 4th AND seeing Edmonton pick 1st would be a dagger in the heart. HF would crash. :laugh:

janesy12

Leafs Nation
Aug 27, 2010
Newfoundland
Laine will make the pain go away.

Picking 4th AND seeing Edmonton pick 1st would be a dagger in the heart. HF would crash. :laugh:

How about if the order goes: Montreal Ottawa Edmonton....

THAT would hurt. I'd still be pumped to get Chychrun, but seeing 2 rivals get Matthews/Laine and Edmonton get yet another great forward prospect would hurt. A LOT.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Using your simulator got oilers, leafs, canes as the top three. As much as it would suck to see Edmonton get another 1st overall, I personally love the way laine plays and think he has a higher ceiling than Matthews(though has a way lesser chance of reaching it). Laine is a player who could go 1st in drafts like 11, 12, and 14. Honestly think he can end up better than hall and seguin. Only thing that sucks about getting him is that he's a winger, but that's a minor inconvenience and really we have a strong center lineup building with nylander, kadri, bozak. Now if you add Stamkos to that and remove bozak it get's much stronger.

Calacatz

Jacked!
Aug 10, 2005
Team # Times Won 1st Pick
Arizona 399
Buffalo 641
Calgary 653
Carolina 232
Colorado 92
Columbus 649
Edmonton 1083
Minnesota 129
Montreal 353
New Jersey 158
Ottawa 343
Philadelphia 117
Pittsburgh 7
Tampa Bay 1
Toronto 1052
Vancouver 408
Winnipeg 629

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
With Edmonton getting McDavid over Arizona, Toronto and Buffalo I think that proves that the NHL doesn't rig the lottery..

you missed the joke in there Matthews is a Phoenix native, born and raised. NHL going to do everything in its power to get him there.

Also, when is the actual drawing date? have they announced it yet?

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Just did this for the first time.

On my 7th run we finally got the 1st pick. In fact we missed all 3 most times. It basically laughed at the percentages. Totally random.

Not loving this new draft format.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I think we are targeting 3 players with this pick. Matthews if we get 1st OA to fill in the #1 C hole, Laine if we get 2nd or he drops lower to fill the power forward elite scoring hole. Inserting a Corey Perry into our top 6 to add size to a line with for example Marner or Nylander on it helps. If we keep JVR, thats size on both top lines.

Lastly, I think we take Chychrun over anyone else with the 3rd pick, simply because it's such a huge need, and they take so long to develop. If Hunter thinks he sees and thinks the game well, and has all the tools, I think he takes the chance over some of the other guys available who are flashy forwards, but may not be more than a 2nd liner anyway.

Our need for good D prospects is bigger than top 6 wing prospects.

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
1st OA - 20%
2nd OA - 20.2% (If Detroit wins) -> 23.121% (If Edmonton wins)
3rd OA - 20.6% (If Det, Min wins) -> 26.66% (If Edm, Wpg wins)

At worst....
20% - 1st OA
40.2% - Top 2
60.8% - Top 3
100% - Top 4

WillyFirstofhisName

Mar 1, 2016
https://talk.hockey/lottery-results/

6 out of top 7 picks Cdn teams.. All 7 in top 10

I mean, going into this season knowing that we were tanking, I wanted all of them to face utter disappointment. But I didn't want them all be in position for three of them to potentially leapfrog us. This is a recipe for disaster. I couldn't have imagined a worse hypothetical way to end the season than to have Montreal @1, Edmonton @2, and Ottawa @3. To think that it is actually a possibility makes me shudder. All because the Leafs finally decided to tank when they changed the rules.

taurine330

Nov 28, 2015
Stockholm
Can you imagine the ratings for the draft lottery? :laugh:

It's going to be a huge event and these boards may crash!

Be prepared for every possibility and tons of ******** for at least a few Canadian fan bases and maybe most of them :help:
I'm definitely watching that. I wonder what time I will be on.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Can you imagine the ratings for the draft lottery? :laugh:

It's going to be a huge event and these boards may crash!

Be prepared for every possibility and tons of ******** for at least a few Canadian fan bases and maybe most of them :help:
Yeah, probably pretty insane. Though maybe I'll just keep twitter open this time and wait for the results :laugh:.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad