NHL Draft Lottery Simulator.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Every time I do it, it seems two teams with less than 9% of winning get two of the top spots

The Ducks took the first pick about 5/10 I did it.

Leafs got to 2nd 1/10. But were mainly 5th or 6th for the rest.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Columbus is almost always in the top three. Mostly first or second when they are. It still pays to bottom out, according to this simulator.

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
I have two simulators with Leafs having #1 pick and I'm leaving the tabs open until the draft lottery. lol.

Your PC will crash the minutes before the lottery balls come out.

Side note, both sim's constantly troll me with some of the worst teams to get the top picks. I will stop "playing" now.

Duckrider

Oct 6, 2015
I must say after doing about 20-30 clicks and with us starting in 4th on average we loose spots in the draft. I think in the long run if the NHL uses this drafting method teams could really loose out on an impact player for several years. I understand this is to stop the tank but.... it seams to "stop" the not so worst teams. With some bad luck so to speak this method could stall a rebuild for up 7 years. Ya I pulled that number out of my ass. But I bet I'm not far off.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
I know it's luck of the draw and the current rules do allow it, but if Edmonton wins I will be really honestly mad.

Who would imagine 5 years ago that Matthews, McDavid, RNH, Drai, Yak, Hall could all possibly be on the same team?

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
And there it is

2mcumqc.jpg

Duckrider

Oct 6, 2015
with this mock draft we are in 4th. 3.1% chance to get 4th? WTF. And a 35% chance to get 6th. A team is better off comming in 8th and rolling the dice than 4th. This is going to hurt a lot of teams in the long run.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
On the bright side - it seems like a top 7 team is going to draft 1st overall.

I personally don't think the Leafs will be 1-4th last so it'll be more likely that we move up.

#positivism

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Crap, not this again . . . the simulator is stupid, annoying, makes you dream big, then smashes them. And it's freaking addictive.

took about 15 times until the Leafs won. Ugh.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
17 tries for a first for Toronto and then Montreal!

Toronto was in the top 3 only 4 times out of the 17.:shakehead

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
if chychrun still the consensus #1 d-man?

There's a pack of 5 that are close

Olli Juolevi, Jacob Chychrun, Jake Bean, Michail Sergachev, Dante Fabbro

From 5-15 I imagine all these guys or 4/5 are gone.

And personally I think Chychrun looked a lot better relative to other players his age last year because he had physically matured so much faster. Other players bodies are catching up to his.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
A fun simulator for the upcoming draft in 2016. I would much rather see the lottery done 5 times and add up the points, 3 for first, 2 for second and 1 for third, extra rounds for a tie. Think that would be much better then a one time shot.

http://nhllotterysimulator.com/

that would just increase the odds of the worst teams winning which is not what the League wants.

Edit: first try and the Habs won....

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Ugh. That's 5 minutes of my life I never get back . . . ran it 50 times.
0 1sts.
2 2nds.
8 3rds.
1 4th.
17 5ths.
15 6ths.
6 7ths.

We're picking 5th or 6th, and going to be lamenting a team like Vancouver or Anaheim or Philly when they miss out on the playoffs and win the lottery.

I must erase this link.

Duckrider

Oct 6, 2015
I hate to say it but a team like .... lets say the Oilers could and it is possible win the first overall pick ever year as they move up the standings until they make the playoffs. Let that rot in your gut for a moment!

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
It's almost like some of you are surprised that having the top 3 picks drawn is bad for the worst teams in the league. It's why I've never really cared about tanking or not this year, I see no point in cheering to lose just to probably lose again anyway. Even dead last is basically a coin flip to end up moving down to 4th.

The only thing that really matters to the rebuild is how well they can draft and develop regardless of where players are taken.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
It's almost like some of you are surprised that having the top 3 picks drawn is bad for the worst teams in the league. It's why I've never really cared about tanking or not this year, I see no point in cheering to lose just to probably lose again anyway. Even dead last is basically a coin flip to end up moving down to 4th.

The only thing that really matters to the rebuild is how well they can draft and develop regardless of where players are taken.

It just seems when the Leafs decide to do it right they change the rules. Just like when they decided to pouch a GM and Coach from other organizations during the one year when it costs them draft picks and then have a coach who might get hired and they get no compensation.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I just did it and got this...

Nashville
Anaheim
Winnipeg
Toronto

Talk about the rich getting richer and the Leafs getting ****ed...ugh

Jes5ant

Mar 5, 2014
I look at it this way. We actually sit in 2nd last, which is where Buffalo is on the generator. One of Toronto or Buffalo got in the top three 75% of the time. I'm ok with this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad