TSN: NHL charity game in Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I rather give 25$ to kids myself and my seat will be empty. Note that none of the players aren't opening their wallets.

How do you know this? Despite the gloominess of this topic and fans moods in general towards the antics by the NHL and NHLPA, a charity game featuring me and my buddies and asking for 25 bucks (for charity) to watch us play will raise significantly LESS money than one or two NHLers nevermind a bunch of them with hometown stars playing.

Re-read. Awkward wording on your behalf, not sure what you really meant.

Last edited:

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
These games are all about the atmosphere, not the outcome or quality of hockey. My girlfriend and I had an absolute blast at the Legends Classic game last month, and a lot of the fun was what was going on behind the scenes of the actual play. The fact that this event is for charity is an added benefit, and if it weren't for the fact that there's no way I can scrounge up $50 this time of year, I'd be stoked to go and see some NHL players lace 'em up for a good cause.

Funny that during this lock-out you see a lot of posters talking about how these millionaires don't care about the little guy, and as soon as they set up a game for charity, it's ridiculed for not being competitive enough.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
This gentleman is saying that all of the players are opening their wallets. He sees the good in all people.

Lol. No I am not. Throughout this lockout I've been fed all the propaganda every time some player decided to visit a local rink, as a part of the PR machine. If they'd donate 53 cent, you'd hear about it for a week. This is a glorified shinny.

btw, this year my boss and I decided that instead of giving clients gifts for Xmas, we are donating some money to Sick Kids in their names. I got kinda turned off when a client of mine tried very hard to let me know that he'd like a gift cert to The Keg.

Swarez

Mar 10, 2011
For those who haven`t been there its tiny. Maybe 15 rows total, less around the end boards. So if anything you will have really good views of the players, and hopefully some interaction of some level.

I am going to try to get 4 tickets and take the nieces and nephews. I know they are all PK and Stamkos fans, sadly not a fan of any of the Leafs.

Morlesio14*

I've played there. The rink is pretty cool. Theres standing room too.

hockeyfanz*

People have other things to do with their time. I agree with him. Watching NHLers float around is not something that appeals to me either, thus I'd rather donate to not watch them play and do something else with my time.

Agreed...the charity part is great but as said many times....you can give without giving up 4 hours or so of your time to watch an exhibition of floating pros...yawn. Its like the All Star game..yawn.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I wonder if the tickets will be on sale there or online? Kind of a hassle for me to go out of my way to get tickets. OP changed to reflect new ticket sale day. Thursday.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Agreed...the charity part is great but as said many times....you can give without giving up 4 hours or so of your time to watch an exhibition of floating pros...yawn. Its like the All Star game..yawn.

It's not 4 hours :laugh:

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
ok we get it, you dont wanna go... no one cares

this is quite interesting, we get to see great players on the ice!

hockeyfanz*

ok we get it, you dont wanna go... no one cares

this is quite interesting, we get to see great players on the ice!

Precisely why its a waste of my time...and many others who have the same sentiment. Not everybody wants to spend their precious time wasted at an exhibition game of overpaid and spoiled sports jocks in the name of "charity"...My family gives something to a charity of our choice every Holiday season. WHo cares about "great players on the ice"....Probably more of a publicity stunt from the union to try and get fans back on their side....tee up the abuse...I don't care. Telling it like it is.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Why do you have some sort of tele-transporter from the future that gets you into you Arena seat from your couch and back again? Why is it not 4 hours?

Typical game is about 7 hours.

2 hours driving(1 hour each way)
1 1/2 hrs dinner/drinks
1/2 hr walk(15 min each way)
3 hours game.

It's why I rarely go Saturdays. It takes up too big a chunk of the day.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Given the current BS that is occuring between NHL and NHLPA I question the sincerity of the players in this game. I find it hard to believe anything they say or do. Just give the money directly to the charity(or any worthy charity for that matter) and don't go.
I wish I was rich, I would buy all of the tickets and burn them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad