TSN: NHL charity game in Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=411480

TORONTO -- A group of NHL stars is set to take the ice again at Maple Leaf Gardens.

Steven Stamkos and P.K. Subban are scheduled to lead teams of locked-out NHLers during a charity game on Dec. 19. It will be held at Ryerson University's new Mattamy Athletic Centre, which is located inside the building the Toronto Maple Leafs called home from 1931 to 1999.

The proceeds from the game will benefit the NHLPA's Goals & Dreams fund and RBC's Play Hockey initiative.

"(It) is a great opportunity to share the joy and excitement of hockey with our fans," Stamkos said Wednesday in a release. "I'm looking forward to playing alongside this impressive lineup of fellow NHL players while helping to raise funds to benefit local hockey programs across the country."

Among the other players set to attend are James Neal, Logan Couture, Dion Phaneuf, Phil Kessel, Tomas Kaberle, Mike Komisarek, Kris Versteeg, Niklas Kronwall and John-Michael Liles.

Tickets will be on sale starting Thursday at a price of $25.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
That's a pretty decent line up and 25 bucks for charity is a great price. Why not??

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Never understood the appeal of watching a bunch of guys float around.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Correct, it's in the title.

FYI - you can donate to charity without watching a bunch of guys float around.

No ****, but don't bash them for "floating" when this is for charity, do you really expect them to go all out and possibly get hurt?

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
No ****, but don't bash them for "floating" when this is for charity, do you really expect them to go all out and possibly get hurt?

I didn't bash anyone. You're a little confused it seems.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
It's not competitive hockey. It's same as watching a bunch of actors you like sit in a restaurant and eat. But a good place to go to with some outrageous signs.

:laugh: That's a good way to put it.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Correct, I don't see the appeal in that. :help:

You don't see the appeal in watching a charity hockey game?

Seeing some NHL hockey players scrimmage, and all you had to do is make a donation to charity

really?

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto

Seeing some NHL hockey players scrimmage, and all you had to do is make a donation to charity

really?

People have other things to do with their time. I agree with him. Watching NHLers float around is not something that appeals to me either, thus I'd rather donate to not watch them play and do something else with my time.

darty

Dec 1, 2008
This kind of thing is great for parents who want to surprise their kids by taking them to see some of their heroes in person at an affordable price during an expensive time of the year.

Maybe as adults the level of competition is what drives your interest, but to kids it's all about the players.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
This kind of thing is great for parents who want to surprise their kids by taking them to see some of their heroes in person at an affordable price during an expensive time of the year.

Maybe as adults the level of competition is what drives your interest, but to kids it's all about the players.

Exactly, kids are more star struck.
I remember the kids having a blast at the All Star game practice back in 2000, talking to players, getting autographs.

The game the next day will be remembered as a Sunday afternoon I'll never get back.

Frankie

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

really?
i don't see it. watching nhl players scrimmage holds no appeal whatsoever.

make a donation to your favorite charity and stay home.

G51 K81*

Scalpers buying all the tickets and re-selling them at $100+. Watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad