NHL boxscores 1917-present

The Slovak Sniper

Apr 11, 2009
Oh my god, I've spent years trying to find the boxscore of my first Capitals game, January 3rd, 1997. Much appreciated good sir.

Padan

Aug 16, 2006
Just for fun, I made game-by-game logs for Sakic and Forsberg 1995-96, using your old boxscores. Seems like some goals and assists were missing (I double-checked), as Forsberg had 116 points that season, and not the 109 points I wrote down in my game-by-game logs.

Great job though. :handclap:

puckhead103*

when did game summaries that included shots on goal start?

i noticed that in 1954-55 season started including shots on goal stats;;

flyershistory

when did game summaries that included shots on goal start?

i noticed that in 1954-55 season started including shots on goal stats;;

I'm not sure. Once we go through the official records well get an idea. In some pre-1950 newspaper stories, you'll see shots on goal stories mentioned, but not in the game summaries. Even in the early 50's most summaries didn't have the shots on goal - except the New York Times.

willyjagr

Nov 27, 2004
edmonton
Hey I just have a quick request, can someone either get me or point me in the direction of game sheets from the 1993 detroit/maple leafs series. I ask this as my cousin is writing a article and needs the scoring information something which I have not been able to find.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Damn, no shot totals for 1939. Looks like they stopped tracking sometime around 1932 and started again in the late 1940s... too bad.

Iain Fyffe

Hockey fact-checker
Damn, no shot totals for 1939. Looks like they stopped tracking sometime around 1932 and started again in the late 1940s... too bad.
When did they start? I haven't seen shot totals for any season other than 1927/28.

The Winnipeg Free Press was reporting shots and saves for senior games as early as 1915. Too bad it didn't catch on more quickly.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
When did they start? I haven't seen shot totals for any season other than 1927/28.

The Winnipeg Free Press was reporting shots and saves for senior games as early as 1915. Too bad it didn't catch on more quickly.

Shot totals at least exist in 1930-31 if you look at the Quakers summaries. And like you, I've seen them in the 27-28 season too. The hsp isn't filled in enough yet to come to any definite conclusion about precisely which years they were tracked, but I think it was at least those years, inclusive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad