NHL boxscores 1917-present

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
It's my pleasure - I know how much work it was to get this project to this point (I was working on it back in 2003-04 - before my work schedule got crazy - and I know that it started before then).

It's going to be an invaluable resource for a lot of the regulars in here.

Lounge Act*

HOLY CRAP THIS IS AWESOME!

I've been looking for this! I already bookmarked it! Thank you!!

paul316

Oct 29, 2008
1983/84 season

Great Work...keep up the good work. I noticed that the links for 1983/84 season do not work..sends you to the wrong games. Still pretty impressive collection..keep it up.

golfortennis

Oct 25, 2007
This is an absolutely great site. Thank you so much for putting this together. Just so you know, I think some of the data jumped around. If you look at Montreal/Islanders from Oct. 6, 1983. you'll see penalties for Edmonton, Detroit and Quebec in that summary as well. I've gone through several games, but I'm only interested in the points so I haven't noticed any other. I just happened to see it there.

Great site though. Absolutely great.

flyershistory

I've fix the 1983 penalty issue - it was isoloated to just a handful of games.

And yes - as was mentioned, most of the data comes from the Hockey News, Sporting News and newspaper archives - all data manually entered. The first phase will have a first pass at all the games, then we will have to go back and do our best to validate all of the entered data. Eventually we will be able to go to the NHL offices and compare teh data to the official scoresheets.

golfortennis

Oct 25, 2007
Glad it was just an isolated incident. Like I said, absolutely fantastic site. Just wanted to point out what I was seeing. It was actually pure dumb luck I noticed it at all frankly, the way I've been going over them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad