NHL boxscores 1917-present

yave1964

22 and counting
Mar 22, 2013
Lexington ohio
Wow, I cannot thank you enough for all the blood sweat and tears that must have gone in to this site. I have spent hours in the past few weeks enjoying old box scores from Wings games in the seventies and eighties. Than you for the memories.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
I have spent hours in the past few weeks enjoying old box scores from Wings games in the seventies and eighties.

The way the Wings were during that era, that sounds like torture. :laugh:

(Just kidding - I was a Canucks fan in the 1980s, and I'm an Avs fan now, so I know what you mean).

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
On a semi-related note, does anyone have suggestions for finding free digital copies of articles about hockey players/games from the 70s and earlier? I've parsed the SI Vault and did find a few uploads from Mike Farkas. Those were helpful, and hoping to find more of the same.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
On a semi-related note, does anyone have suggestions for finding free digital copies of articles about hockey players/games from the 70s and earlier? I've parsed the SI Vault and did find a few uploads from Mike Farkas. Those were helpful, and hoping to find more of the same.

IMO the best way is via Google archive. Try some Newspaper from city, that had NHL team - Montreal, Philly, Boston ....

member 83027

The best place might be checking what you local library offers.

Mine offers free online access to...

newspaperarchive.com as well as proquest.com

Of course there is no charge for access to either sites. They make a great resource when looking for something in the past. As someone mentioned Google News archives as well.

chirrrs

Jun 3, 2013
Rockwall, TX
I've lurked for a while and finally got around to registering, this is my first post here. I just want to thank everyone involved in this, as I can only imagine the time it took to compile all of this information! It's amazing the dedication that some fans have to this sport, and there's certainly a ton of us who appreciate your work!

Sprague Cleghorn

User Registered
Aug 14, 2013
Edmonton, KY
Anyone have the boxscore for Lemieux's first eight point game which was against the Blues on October 15, 1988? I checked the site and it only has the totals summary not the individual goals and who assisted them and stuff. H-R is the same too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->