NHL boxscores 1917-present

ilovetheflyers8

Jan 26, 2009
D.C.
The Hockey Summary Project?

I'm pretty sure some posters here are part of this group and I was wondering how I could help. I am a member of the yahoo group but, I'm not sure what to do beyond that. Can someone point me in the right direction?

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Would it be possible to add a link to the spreadsheets compiling data from the HSP here, or would that overwhelm the dropbox of whoever posts them?

overpass

Jun 7, 2007
Would it be possible to add a link to the spreadsheets compiling data from the HSP here, or would that overwhelm the dropbox of whoever posts them?

Sure, I'll put this one out there. It breaks down scoring totals from 1952-53 to 1986-87 into even-strength, power play, and shorthanded, based on HSP data.

Direct link.

Last edited:

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
I got the warning screen from Firefox when I tried to go to the site on Friday night. I've been checking back everyday. On Friday it said that out of 39 pages tested in the last 90 days, 10 of them had the problem. Now it says out of 53 pages tested in the last 90 days, still only 10 of them had it, with the last time they found one still being from Friday the 16th. Hopefully that means the problem has passed, but I'm still a little scared to go on there.

While I admittedly don't know much about computers, I don't think Explorer has as good a reputation for security as Firefox or Chrome, which may explain why IE doesn't have any warnings about it.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
According to the site owner (who hopefully doesn't mind me copying this from a Yahoo group mailing list :) ):

It's not a true malware issue. It took a while for me to figure out, but there was an extra "</body>" tag by mistake in the html code. I have fixed it and have sent in a request for the pages to get re-examined to remove that warning.

sawchuk1971

Jun 16, 2011
According to the site owner (who hopefully doesn't mind me copying this from a Yahoo group mailing list :) ):

It's not a true malware issue. It took a while for me to figure out, but there was an extra "</body>" tag by mistake in the html code. I have fixed it and have sent in a request for the pages to get re-examined to remove that warning.
i still get the "malware warming" while using both google chrome/mozilla browsers.....:help:

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
The site owner says that they have to wait for Google to parse it again for the warning to go away.

flyershistory

there was never malware on the site...

The issue was an extra html "<body>" tag on an index page on the "cgi-bin" directory - that was it !

Over the past couple of days there were over 2000 more game summaries added. No complete seasons, but we just need around 350 more summaries and we'll have every one from 1952-53 thru 2011-12

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
there was never malware on the site...

The issue was an extra html "<body>" tag on an index page on the "cgi-bin" directory - that was it !

Over the past couple of days there were over 2000 more game summaries added. No complete seasons, but we just need around 350 more summaries and we'll have every one from 1952-53 thru 2011-12

Do you have the rosters from 80-s? Im looking mostly for Quebec Nordiques games.

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
As for the Quakers game mentioned above, the data comes from the official NHL scoresheets (I spent a day at the NHL offices a few years ago and got the info for each Quaker game)
There seems to be some confusion with the shot totals being saves only in some of the games, but not all.

Take http://www.flyershistory.com/cgi-bin/poboxscore.cgi?H19300205 where the Quakers scored 4 goals in the 2nd period, but only took 3 shots. 7 shots, with 3 saves and 4 goals, is probably the correct number, though it could be that it should be an 8 rather than a 3 or some other such typo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad