NHL boxscores 1917-present

tommygunn

Dec 2, 2008
When I was browsing the site a few weeks back I noticed something and have been meaning to ask you about it... something was just posted in another thread that reminded me. Someone had said that you list all the players who were in the game, and I responded that that wasn't the case..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was looking at some of the summaries and they had a list of all players who were in the game.
That's not really the case. I think they are just listing all the players who were on a team's roster at least some point in a specific year.

Take the below game for example.. the 'game rosters' show 32 players for the Flyers :amazed: .. and also a few Hab players who I know definitely didn't play that game.. Van Boxmeer was traded away way before this game took place and Engblom, Mondou, and Polich didn't play any regular season games..

http://www.flyershistory.com/cgi-bin/poboxscore.cgi?H19760528

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, my question is: is there any way the roster lists can be tweaked to show who actually was in the game instead of just showing the cumulative season roster? Or do you not have that info?

Thanks!

tommygunn

Dec 2, 2008
That game is in error - the roster is suppose to just be those players that played in that particular game - I will have to fix it.
It's not just that 1 game, it's the entire 1976-77 season.

By the way, I have the complete '76-'77 playoff boxscores (minus game rosters) for the Habs if you needed them.

flyershistory

This is a goal of the project, once all the summaries have been entered. Hopefully we will be able to link each goal, assist, penalty and goalie appearance to a specific player. You will then be able to list each "event" for a specific player.

I love what you've been doing so far.
Something that would be great though is a game log like ESPN has: http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/gamelog?playerId=1175
I would just love to see something like that for a guy like Gretzky during his prime.

Kraden

Oct 14, 2006
This is a goal of the project, once all the summaries have been entered. Hopefully we will be able to link each goal, assist, penalty and goalie appearance to a specific player. You will then be able to list each "event" for a specific player.
Awesome!

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
I've been looking at Roy's OT games and note that many of the multi-OT games have the goal given in the 1st OT period and then the 2nd and 3rd would say no scoring. I also saw the game shots total given before the OT period shots a number of times.

Started on Hasek and see the team being called the Buffalo Bruins, and the OT game here: http://www.flyershistory.com/cgi-bin/poboxscore.cgi?O19980057 is given as a 4-4 tie with no OT.

Matt714*

Mar 7, 2009
Repentigny, QC
Would it be possible to implement a system in the future about players' stats against specific teams, since the data is already available ?

For example; John LeClair stats against Boston between a set of years, or his career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad