NHL 19: Wish List

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Make GM/Franchise mode like in Eastside hockey manager, where I can start, for example, in Swedish 2nd tier, get promoted and if I win SHL few times get offers from NHL teams.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink
Make GM/Franchise mode like in Eastside hockey manager, where I can start, for example, in Swedish 2nd tier, get promoted and if I win SHL few times get offers from NHL teams.
Whoa we don't want to get too good of a game, they need room for minimal improvement. There are a lot of things I would like in the game sadly it isn't as popular as Madden or FIFA so the game will essentially be the same other than a few tweaks.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
The more I play NHL 18, the more I like what they've done with franchise, drafting, and development. I'd like to see that get a little deeper, and change the scouting, it's still cumbersome.

I'd like to see sliders that work. If I set speed slower, then I want the game slower.

I'd like to see a trait added for shoot/pass ratio.

Add custom music, and better historical stat keeping.

Otherwise, i just want to see the gameplay improved some.

Mustard

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville
For the love of all things holy... The slap shot getting "locked" when a puck gets near should've been an issue fixed in '06. Your player freeze-derps to over the puck only to clap it into the boards that are 2 inches away. its AWFUL in 2018.

Levine86

Mar 16, 2018
My wish list is for smaller things:

More series ending celebrations/commentary (have at least a couple of different Stanley Cup celebrations especially)
Also ACCURATE commentary - if the home team wins a series why is Doc saying "There's no lower low than seeing your home shattered like this."

Make sure the Stanley Cup Final patch is laid out properly on jerseys for each team (ie. Rangers have to have it on their shoulder but it's facing the wrong way. Other teams won't have the patch at all (Blues).

Setting Trades as "Easy" does NOT make it so.
Add the ability to retain % of contracts in trades.

Also, the game gets VERY choppy when you're not in play (pre/post game shots of the crowd, during highlights and celebrations). It's pretty awful some times.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Wish1:
Defensive game play to be better, now poke check ect are finally pretty good, but still theres some stupid problems where player without skill can dominate offensively. For example, the collisions should affect more. Not the big hits, they dont need to be made easier with some kind of auto aim (EA way to do stuff), but instead you could tie players effectively in front of net, tie and choke them on boards if they try to just skate trought full speed. Now the hit is pretty clumsy and doesnt work right way, even if you get it lined up perfectly.

Other thing is back check. Like there is no back check at all in 1 vs 1 game in HUT. If you play the D, your forwards dont do anything. Opponent can skate over blue line, make full stop and stand still for 3-5 seconds before the back check finally arrives. This is the reason why I must play forwards and make a backcheck manually, then change to D. Just gives players with low skill too much time again, its just too hawai hockey and you can make shitty plays work because of it.

Wish2:
Finnish 2 tear league

Wish3:
Delete "Precision" skating. Its a joke. Before that shitty update, you could actually pretty much do "precision skating" at the blue line with good use of LT. Ea spotted players doing that, decided to add extra animation and call it a feature, but they ruined the whole shit. You dont have any controll anymore on the skater when the animation hits, its going to screw you over and over again, what it has done is that I have been forced to learn how to avoid precision skating animations.

Wish4: Seemless puck pickups
Again some extra animation, some times it totally screws, I lose controll of player completely untill the animation is done. Its a joke. "Seemless", like really, is that name sarcasm?

Wish5:
Stop adding stupid player animations that will make player not in controll. Instead, design the animations with full player controll in mind.

Wish6:

Gameplay, gameplay, gameplay. While we need Finnish 2nd tier league, other than that to me if they´re "so busy" and "too little team", like they always expalin, then user your time to game play development and quit all other meaningless stuff. Any anymation or new 3d model there is, we will maybe spot it for first time, maybe watch it for 3 times then well just skipp all the crap we can and all replays ect, dont waste time on useless stuff that no one will watch, just focus on stuff that will actually make the game better.

Strange wish:

If you totally want to rehaul it, make it this way: Player (human) can only see what the player in the game would see, when with the puck. Now human playing the game can unrealisticly see the whole field, has eyes on his back and everywhere. Imagine game where you would see only the stuff that your player is actually looking at, rest of the rink would be blurred or "whited" out, you couldnt see anything there. Youd just need to be good guessing / reading the play. What a big blind side hits ect it would make happen online, and make the game I think even more realistic. Now every one hockey god basically, sees every player on ice every second, which has nothing to do with reality.

PS.
Actually this is pretty good game still, at least far better than 17. Defense is now in genral in much better and more realistic shape.

Last edited:

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
is NHL 19 gonna be on the new engine that FIFA and such are switching to?

And is ramjagsingh gonna be in charge? That guy should not be the lead designer for NHL, game has gone downhill since he came in charge of that.

Saitama

Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Make Be A Pro compatible with the Oculus Rift! I'm definitely dreaming on this one, but man that would be sweet.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
AI is dumb. Playing on All-Star and opponent goalies will be Patrick Roy re-incarnated whilst yours will be more like an ECHL back-up.

Reactions: SebastianAhoe

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
The more I play NHL 18, the more I like what they've done with franchise, drafting, and development. I'd like to see that get a little deeper, and change the scouting, it's still cumbersome.

I'd like to see sliders that work. If I set speed slower, then I want the game slower.

I'd like to see a trait added for shoot/pass ratio.

Add custom music, and better historical stat keeping.

Otherwise, i just want to see the gameplay improved some.

huge beef with me. I honestly haven't played 18 so I don't know if it has changed but I have been playing be a pro on 17 and I wish when you accessed your players information it would tell you all the awards and accomplishments they have achieved in their career (like Madden)

Also showing some of the historical records and where your player is in the mix. I swear one of the games used to have this option maybe it was a 2k hockey game?

Reactions: SPV

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I have a question. I haven't bought NHL in years. I use to enjoy making a franchise.. and subbing in KHL and European teams instead of using NHL teams and making a long term franchise with all foreign teams . Is it possible to do that in 18? Can you sub european teams in franchise like before?

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
NCAA Teams
U-21 National Teams
Spengler Cup Team Canada
KHL (unlikely but still on my wish list)
CJHL (The 14 teams in RBC Cup Playoffs the previous year)
CWHL
GET-Ligaen
Slovak Extraliga

Anyone know if this is realistic? I would love for them to do that. In a dream world they would add all of the CJHL (doesn’t even need to have accurate players, just the teams) but I know they’ll never do that.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
This is way too much to ask for since I don't trust that they even play hockey let alone watch it. But coaches need to have an impact on the game when you're playing in franchise mode. You need to be able to hire and fire coaches and scouting staff and coaches need to have certain play styles that mesh and gel with certain types of players and don't work with others.

Also maybe it's just me, but I frustrated as f*** with the changing strategies up on the fly. It's just too much to try to get what I want while trying to play the game. And the fact that the AI is so set in stone to those strategies or line changes in infuriating. Literally had a player with the puck in between his skates and instead of picking the puck up, he skates all the way to the other end up the ice, ignoring everything else going on just to change, you call for a change with guys coming down the ice and every will change without question.

They AI need to have situational awareness. "You called for a change but my parameters don't let me change on oddman chances" or something along those lines needs to be introduced. The AI and gameplay see minor tweaks,but they're still just dumb AI.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Also wish the sims would take into account player's abilities better..

Like, I can have all the best players in the league on my team and I can't get higher than 70 pts from a single player.

Reactions: SebastianAhoe

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
If there could be a story line NHL be a pro similar to FIFA, Madden, and 2K, I think that would be a fun addition, that would simply refresh thing a little.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
old school hockey. i want all teams in nhl to have an all time team..and that you could choose to play with this all time team in all game modes...

GOilers88

Upside Down Canadian Flag
Dec 24, 2016
Would love to see hitting actually have an effect on the game. As it stands now, at least half the time when you lay a guy out,he gets right back up and grahs the puck.

When I outhit a team 54-10, I would expect to see their stamina be lower than mine,but it seems to be the opposite. By the end of the game, my lines are totally gassed and theirs are completely fresh. It basically has no bearing on the game at all and is more of a hinderence to your team than not hitting at all.

Also agree on the roster sharing. But that has been one of the most asked for features for over a decade now and they refuse to do it so I don't see it happening.

And for the love of God, allow the updated rosters to be used in expansion mode. The game has been out for like 7 months now, the rosters shouldn't default back to the same garbage it started with when I want to make a new team. Its absolutely ridiculous how many minor changes could be applied to make this game so much more enjoyable but it's abundantly clear the developers have no interest in anything other than HUT. 19 will be the first time in a long time that I won't purchase this steaming pile of dogshit game.

Last edited:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Roster sharing. Badly needs it. I would play the game way more if I could download other people’s custom all-time rosters and prospects.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
Roster sharing. Badly needs it. I would play the game way more if I could download other people’s custom all-time rosters and prospects.
I'd love it too, unfortunately roster sharing would probably cut sales a ridiculous amount because why the hell would I buy NHL 19 when I can just use updated rosters on NHL 18. It's scummy but that's EA

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I'd love it too, unfortunately roster sharing would probably cut sales a ridiculous amount because why the hell would I buy NHL 19 when I can just use updated rosters on NHL 18. It's scummy but that's EA

Yeah, that makes sense. Oh well, we can dream.

Antwan Kumiya

Mar 16, 2018
Add more international teams. Slovenia, South Korea, and Hungary. Have the world championships (16 teams) and divsion 1 (8 teams) after the playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: snowkiddin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad