Hockey Ultimate Team: NHL 18 HUT Thread (All HUT talk goes here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Pulled EVO Crosby in a pack tonight.

Wondering if I should sell before the EVO crash on Thursday.

17of26

Sep 9, 2008
I swear people either complain the game is too easy on highest difficulty but now that the HARDEST difficulty is actually hard people still *****? Which is it? You want a challenge or not..

And peep this...

I guarantee the ones of you with All-Star teams if you get your team down to a 3, 3 1/2 star rating you will notice the computer plays a lot different on Superstar. That ice tilt **** is real. Throw some crap bronze, silvers on your 4th line, 3rd pairing and back up goalie to drop your rating and it'll be a lot easier. If you still get owned well your just not very good.

This really defeats the whole point of HUT if you don't play online. I expect to have an *easier* time playing against the AI if I upgrade my players. What's the point of upgrading my team if it just makes the AI cheat more?

This also explains why I'm having more trouble now than I did when I started. When I had all 80-84 players, playing against the AI was more fun.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
bf4a5l.jpg

That's what I have and it doesn't include Ovechkin or Modano. Backstrom is worthless now. Page 2 has Malkin, Keith and some other 87's. I have Ghost EVO as well. I'll likely sell Backstrom for a LW or LD that fit synergies... i have Josi, OEL, Matthews, Gaudreau and a few others to sell that could be like 4-5k each or more.

I thought you'd have WAY more coin and players. Still a solid squad for sure.

I have Sakic, Bure, Gonchar, Carlyle, Nieds, HW Chara, EVO OVI, Matthews, Burns, Gothesbere, Aho, Rakell, Talbot etc, TOTW Karlsson, MS Bergeron, guys like Keith, Benn, Kucherov, Seguin etc etc.

I've done alright this year for once. Packs have been way better this year.

Pulled EVO Crosby in a pack tonight.

Wondering if I should sell before the EVO crash on Thursday.

Crosby won't plummet much. I'd sell him and get OVI tho or see who they release tonight. If it's Karlsson, Benn, McDavid, Kucherov, Kane etc maybe go for one of those

PensFan8771

Oct 3, 2017
EVO Ovechkin - FB Messier - Legend Rolston
Brenden Shanahan - Evgeni Malkin - Geoff Sanderson
EVO Laine - Jonathon Toews - Nikita Kucherov
EVO Aho - Ryan Getzlaf - Vladimir Tarasenko

Karlsson - Gonchar
Letang - Keith
Weresnki - Hedman

Hasek

Rocket Skates
Fine Shooting
Clutch Player
Silky Smooth activated

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
I thought you'd have WAY more coin and players. Still a solid squad for sure.

I went pack binging for giggles. I still have dupes to sell and cards to play some challenges and such with. I have over 1,000 player card. Consider I play with all of them then Quicksell the majority (that aren't worth anything) then sell those that are.... I could easily get myself to 250k without playing the market. I just play a few games then quicksell cards to get 17.5k then buy a pack and go from there at this point.

I'm about to make about 95k since I don't need TOTW Backstrom and more.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I wrecked my way through Div 2 this morning and won the title. Went 8-1. Really proud I’ve made it to Div 1 without spending any extra money on my team.

Mov McDonald - Tavares - Evo Marchand
FB Kurri - FB Messier - Hall
Mov Nystrom - Draisitl - Gudreau
Pastrnak - Rook McDavid - FO Leino

Weber - Gonchar
Totw Byfuglien - FB Streit
Ristolainen - McDonagh

Schneider

I have the Thread the Needle and Silky Smooth synergies activated as well as some basic ones.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
The evolution challenge this week is going to be ridiculously hard. A breakaway goal and two power play goals on superstar

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Managed to snipe Iginla at 1.2M since everyone was selling everything for a shot at EVO McDavid.

17of26

Sep 9, 2008
There's no way I'm spending 3 hours on one challenge to get no coins in the process.

I feel like this is the biggest flaw with the challenges. You can get coins for losing a game against the AI in the other HUT modes, there should be some small amount of coins for just attempting the challenge.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
I'm sticking with NHL 17. Send me a message, if you have 95 Puljujärvi in that game. Maybe we can figure out something.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
There's no way I'm spending 3 hours on one challenge to get no coins in the process.

The requirements for this EVO collectible this week are absurd. I'm not spending more than an hour trying to create the perfect set of circumstances whereby EA gives me two PP goals and a breakaway goal. The 2 PP goals maybe, but the breakaway goal is near impossible on Superstar because of the faulty breakaway detection in the game. You could spend 24/7 on that for a week and not get it.

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
I refuse to do a challenge that involves a Breakaway until those dumb asses realize what a BREAKAWAY is.

While they're at it, maybe they can learn what boarding, roughing, interference and ICING are.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
I refuse to do a challenge that involves a Breakaway until those dumb asses realize what a BREAKAWAY is.

While they're at it, maybe they can learn what boarding, roughing, interference and ICING are.

The breakaway is the worst goddamn challenge in the game..

The announcer will even say it yet it doesn't count...

There's very few ways to get it to work and even those are annoying..

The PP is no problem but f*** the breakaways.

FB Bucyk isn't bad. Challenges are easy for this too.

nilssont

May 27, 2007
Jesus christ some of your guys teams.
I havent spent any cash, over 100 games played, terrible pack luck and done some challenges.

Kessel-Carter-Tarasenko
Pavelski-Bergeron-Hall
Simmonds(Halloween)-Getzlaf-Gaudreau
MacK-Duchene-Skinner

Josi-Letang
Brodie-Buff
Lindholm-Faulk

So all in all not a player over 87...pretty happy with the team but man when I play people with almost nothing but 90+ it is really tough to compete.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Jesus christ some of your guys teams.
I havent spent any cash, over 100 games played, terrible pack luck and done some challenges.

Kessel-Carter-Tarasenko
Pavelski-Bergeron-Hall
Simmonds(Halloween)-Getzlaf-Gaudreau
MacK-Duchene-Skinner

Josi-Letang
Brodie-Buff
Lindholm-Faulk

So all in all not a player over 87...pretty happy with the team but man when I play people with almost nothing but 90+ it is really tough to compete.

There are 88s that aren't that pricey on the market.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The breakaway is the worst goddamn challenge in the game..

The announcer will even say it yet it doesn't count...

There's very few ways to get it to work and even those are annoying..

The PP is no problem but **** the breakaways.

FB Bucyk isn't bad. Challenges are easy for this too.

EA registers breakaways as very specific situations. It can't be a 2 or 3 on 0, it can't start from the red line (i.e. too soon). It has to be a clean break STARTING at the blue line, and even then it doesn't always register. You could play 100 games and not register one official breakaway.

nilssont

May 27, 2007
What the deuce is up with the Movember cards this year? Vlasic at 80 etc. Ive heard stuff that they dont get upgrades, is that true?

Maco

May 15, 2017
Quick question:

From flashback sets, with the 4 flashback collectible exchange for a random flashback player, are the random flashback players Zetterberg, Koivu, Kurri etc that you can get just for those 4 collectibles? Seems surprisingly easy if so.

I've tried star of the month and a few others but basically just lost coins and collectibles and got nothing.

Also, how do the evo cards actually work? This is my first year playing and feel I've missed something important in those since everyone is talking about them. I've only focused on getting legends with coins so far.

Also, how important are the goalies and do they really have a big difference? I felt like my previous 86 overall played better than my current 90 ovr. Thinking about using my current coins for Brodeur since it wouldn't bother synergies either, but is it really worth it?

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
From flashback sets, with the 4 flashback collectible exchange for a random flashback player, are the random flashback players Zetterberg, Koivu, Kurri etc that you can get just for those 4 collectibles? Seems surprisingly easy if so.

They're actually not random - you get the active Flashback player they release. For example, if you traded in 4 flashback collectibles on Friday, you would have gotten the current Flashback player (Johnny Bucyk). You also get a master Flashback collectible, which you can trade in for a 95 overall Heatley or 99 Brodeur.

Also, how do the evo cards actually work? This is my first year playing and feel I've missed something important in those since everyone is talking about them. I've only focused on getting legends with coins so far.

The Evolution cards copy the best performance-driven card available for that player. So if an Evolution card gets a Team of the Week, Team of the Month, Team of the Year or Milestone upgraded card, your Evolution card will become that card.

Also, how important are the goalies and do they really have a big difference? I felt like my previous 86 overall played better than my current 90 ovr. Thinking about using my current coins for Brodeur since it wouldn't bother synergies either, but is it really worth it?

Goalies are a crapshoot. It's a waste to spend coins on a good goalie or legend goalie (except for the synergy factor) because in terms of actually stopping pucks, a 92 overall isn't much different from an 86 overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad