Hockey Ultimate Team: NHL 18 HUT Thread (All HUT talk goes here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
IMO, the legend players/set players are too good/too easy to get.

Top players in the league, such as Karlsson and Hedman, are not that valuable on the market because they wouldn't even crack a lot of teams' lineups. Maybe a few top legends should be over 90 overall and the rest on par with the great/elite NHL players.

Corey Perry's flashback card, which is relatively easy to get (you could get through the collectibles for ~$40-50k) is a 90 overall. In comparison to the base player cards, he'd be tied for the top player in the league with Crosby.

So they have sort of killed the value of the top-end base players. Makes sense.

ElectricDreamMachine

Nov 5, 2013
The AI always pulls the goalie in the last minute when trailing by one or two goals so you can just let them take possession and pot couple of empty netters.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
The AI always pulls the goalie in the last minute when trailing by one or two goals so you can just let them take possession and pot couple of empty netters.

It's not as easy as it seems. The AI passing is ridiculous. I wouldn't count on getting two empty net goals, but I finally did get one and won the game 3-0.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Anyone know the value of EVO Ovechkin and Laine?

My personal rule is any EVO over 500K is overpriced. I don't care if it's Ovechkin, McDavid, Crosby, Kucherov, whoever. At that price you're better off waiting for their TOTY cards with more synergies, which will sell for the same price as their EVO is selling for now, or you can then buy their EVO at a much lower cost once TOTY comes out.

I will not pay more than 500K for a card that has less than 4-5 synergies.

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
Anyone know the value of EVO Ovechkin and Laine?

I have both. Laine on Xbox has been around 400k. I have Ovechkin as well. He's going for no less than 950k.

I actually got Laine(EVO), Burns (EVO), and Bure for my other Ovechkin EVO

Also, my pack luck... continues. Wife treated me to an early Christmas gift. Got some packs and I pulled more legends lol. Got Pronger this time and another dupe legend (Rucchin).

My pack luck is absurd. I have like, no reason to buy packs anymore. I'm so stoked to finally have a year of QUALITY pack luck.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I was playing Call of Duty for an hour or two and having no issues with lag or anything. When I started playing NHL right after (HUT Divisions), I got an insane amount of lag. I assumed it was my opponent as I was getting good speeds and other games were working fine. I went up 2-1 and I got the classic “You have lost connection to your opponent” message...but I got the loss. I was still in HUT, nothing on my internet was disconnected, so I was baffled. When it’s on my end it always say I lost connection to the EA servers.

I usually wouldn’t care, but I just got promoted back to Div 1. You need 8 wins in 10 games to win it so every game is super important and teams are stacked. I started up an EA support chat and they couldn’t take the loss away, but did give me a Gold Plus pack. The loss sucked but a 17,500 coin pack isn’t a bad consolation prize.

So next Friday, you'll get a 92 overall Jagr for 4 flashback collectibles?

That's what I thought but looks like those Jagrs are already in auction.

Flash Forward is back next Friday. The Jagr was available for trading in your 4 collectibles the Friday that just past. Next Friday will be a new player.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Flash Forward is back next Friday. The Jagr was available for trading in your 4 collectibles the Friday that just past. Next Friday will be a new player.

I figured. The price for these Flashbacks are crazy high now though. See them going 25-30k after it was only 7-8k a week ago. Tempted to just sell my 4 flashbacks for 100k and buy couple of 90s players.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Do they place you against crazy good players for playoff championships?

I went 9-0 in my last three tournaments during non-championship games, but 0-3 when it mattered most. Last one was a 4-3 loss where my opponent scored from outside the blue line.

ElectricDreamMachine

Nov 5, 2013
I don't know about crazy good but the championship games have been definitely harder. Pulled two silver players and a two gold 83 overalls from the rookie cup reward pack :help:

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Why do I lose only to the biggest a holes ?

Buddy wins and makes me watch the full replay of his empty netter with his guy sliding on the ice celebrating , then sends me a screenshot after the game of the score ....

I never watch full replays unless it's an insane goal.

Alberta Oilfire

Jun 4, 2010
Central Alberta
Oh that’s frustrating watching crappy goals, I also never watch replays unless it is just an awesome play/goal like you said. This game needs better goalies!!! Has anyone gotten that 99 Broduer?

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Is anybody else's connection to the EA Servers f***ed? Twice in my last 5 games I've been disconnected while I haven't had any sort of lag or disconnection in any other game. It's frustrating in Div 1 as I'll likely be relegated with two L's.

Oh that’s frustrating watching crappy goals, I also never watch replays unless it is just an awesome play/goal like you said. This game needs better goalies!!! Has anyone gotten that 99 Broduer?

The 99 Brodeur is not attainable yet, actually. Master Collectibles can't be sold so you'll see him pop up once we're 30 weeks since the Flashback started

Alberta Oilfire

Jun 4, 2010
Central Alberta
Is anybody else's connection to the EA Servers ****ed? Twice in my last 5 games I've been disconnected while I haven't had any sort of lag or disconnection in any other game. It's frustrating in Div 1 as I'll likely be relegated with two L's.

The 99 Brodeur is not attainable yet, actually. Master Collectibles can't be sold so you'll see him pop up once we're 30 weeks since the Flashback started
Oh I see. Thanks! Back to Bob & Cujo getting lit up by the cheapy deke.

Thierry

May 30, 2006
Montreal
Completed the last movember challenge, no movember collectible.
Rip.

The same happend to me on both of my account, it's shitty. The good news is that collectibles are worth close to nothing right so it's not a big loss, but imagine if it was a EVO collectible...

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
I've ranted about this before and I'm going to rant about it again.

Why is letting the CPU play defence for you a thing ? When I'm playing online I find a vast majority of users switch to a forward when they don't have the puck and let the CPU take care of the other four players ...

What pisses me off is it's effective I find most of my losses are against teams that do this because the CPU plays such a tight checking game. And I'm pretty good , I'm ranked in the top 500 in online versus .

Last edited:

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I've ranted about this before and I'm going to rant about it again.

Why is letting the CPU play defence for you a thing ? When I'm playing online I find a vast majority of users switch to a forward when they don't have the puck and let the CPU take care of the other four players ...

What pisses me off is it's effective I find most of my losses are against teams that do this because the CPU plays such a tight checking game. And I'm pretty good , I'm ranked in the top 500 in online versus .

Used to be ranked top 200, even top 100 several years ago. Not too many guys did that. Around NHL 14 I noticed most players did that because they were inept to playing defense so they resorted to playing (and even back when you could player lock [haven't played much to know if you can still do it]) with one player while the AI defended. Ive always thought that was a cowardice and weak move. That's what led me to stop playing. I'd lose games to kids who would message me afterwards or just basically make the game miserable who would get outplayed as their AI would constantly bail them out.

It's been a couple years since I've played so all these 90+ rated cards has probably made it worse. I remember the first couple years of this mode being the greatest thing in a video game. Training and fitting under the cap while trying out trios of high chemistry lines brought variety to the mode. Sorry to hear people still play with one player while you play the CPU. Thats no fun.

Reactions: Mav3rick07
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad