Hockey Ultimate Team: NHL 18 HUT Thread (All HUT talk goes here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Welcome to the NHL 18 HUT thread!

Since we've had to handle a ton of posts lately involving selling teams for profit ; they will be deleted and handled accordingly.

With that said...

The thread where you talk about all things Hockey Ultimate Team. Always remember to mention your console when looking to trade or sell!

Reminding you again, that..

HF is NOT responsible for any scams that take place over NHL 18 and/or the HUT system. You are taking a risk whenever you make a trade or a deal - HF is not liable for anything that occurs in or due to this exchange. If you have a problem with a certain member, EA Sports is who you need to contact, NOT HF.

SELLING COINS AND/OR PLAYERS IS NOT PERMITTED ON HF.

Special Card Information:
POTG (Team must win the game):
F – 4+ Points
D – 3+ Points
G – 35+ Saves in Shutout
G – 45+ Saves in 1 GAA win

MS:
All player stats are increments of 100.

200 Goals, 100 (D)
400 Assists, 300 (D)
500 Points, 400 (D)
800 Games, 500 (G - Increments of 50 after)
200 Wins (increments of 50 after 250, 300)
30 Shutouts (increments of 10 after, so 40, 50 etc)

HUT Blacklist (DO NOT TRADE OR SELL WITH THESE PEOPLE)

ChiefGuan:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/member.php?u=235431

iPwn:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/member.php?u=86407

etienne9:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/member.php?u=260927

Rielly44TheNextOrr:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/member.php?u=252293

Evgeni McCrosby:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/member.php?u=244601

BoCanucksBo:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/member.php?u=219195

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
First impressions for me at least are really ****ing good.

At least right now, the game play feels amazing. Most people say every year the game feels more or less the same but I get the sense this year there's a noticeable difference. I think a big part of it is in the lowered ratings of players. The game feels much slower and the players attribute strengths really get an opportunity to shine because of this. For example, the small shifty guys like Aho, Gaudreau, Atkinson, etc. seem to be the only ones who are really able to break loose in close plays and create an advantage from using there speed, but at the same time the bigger physical guys like Perry, EJ, Alzner, etc. can pretty easily knock these guys off the puck and use that size to there advantage in the slowed down games. In older games it seemed like only speed and agility mattered and the slower guys always got burned but this year so far it doesn't feel like that at all. As well, the high percentage goals from last year dont seem to be nearly as easy to score this year and it feels more like you can score in a lot of different ways. Although scoring in general is much harder right now I have found.

Besides the gameplay itself. The new off season challenges are truly great. They're all slightly different and cause you to enter a challenge with a different mind set and game plan each time. And changing them from the standard 4 minute periods to quick 2 minute periods in actual time makes them much faster to complete and thus earn the rewards a lot quicker. Speaking of the rewards, these are what makes them worth doing. The most basic ones(Which are simply to win the game) rewards anywhere from 500 pucks for the CHL level games(On rookie difficulty) to 800 pucks against Colorado at the NHL(On rookie difficulty) to 3,000 pucks against Pittsburgh on Superstar, or even a rare players pack for beating Washington on Super. Then you get into specific Synergy challenges that will reward 1500 Pucks + A specific player with that synergy. Some of them are quite tricky to do while others aren't so hard. But the rewards are pretty great for potentially just ~8 minutes of your time to earn 1500 pucks and a free player. I did one of these today and the player I got was Gaudreau for example. And yes those players can be traded/sold.

Competitive seasons is back as well which is another way to earn more free packs/rewards. And while the cost for packs have increased slightly from 15,000 for the Gold Plus pack to 17,500 pucks. The pack now offers 3 rare players instead of 2 so it's actually a better pack in terms of value compared to last year. And with the rewards in this game being so much more and better it easily makes up for the slight increase.

Even the daily login reward has been much improved. It now starts at a base of 300 pucks for your first day login and goes up to 1500 for the 7th day instead of going from 50 up to 1250 like in previous years.

All in all. I think the early indications of the mode are fantastic and significantly improved from last year which IMO was pretty good by years end anyway.

I can already see myself spending way more hours grinding games and challenges then I have in any other year for this game. And also spending less $$$ because of these new rewards.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Also is HUT the same this yr with the SETS ********? Was turned off from the mode last year. I really loved doing collections in nhl 16

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yes sets are back. You may not have enjoyed it but it was extremely well received by the majority of the NHL community.

I also think for those that missed the Collections aspect the new challenges mode kind of helps to rectify that. At least in the aspect of getting rewards like packs, coins, and players from doing things like you did with doing collections.

RW8

Feb 10, 2004
Also is HUT the same this yr with the SETS ********? Was turned off from the mode last year. I really loved doing collections in nhl 16

Yes it's the same, you also cannot make trades involving coins and EA has come out and said things like giveaways aren't allowed.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yes it's the same, you also cannot make trades involving coins and EA has come out and said things like giveaways aren't allowed.

Wasn't aware of that.

That's pretty terrible I think but at least when it comes to farming coins or selling coins it doesn't really have an impact.

Can just buy a player for x coins instead of trading a bronze contract + the coins :laugh:

I guess we'll have to see how serious EA is about cracking down on this stuff. I mean they have said for years that selling coins would get someone permanently banned from not only NHL games but all EA games yet I dont think this has ever actually happened to a single person.

The thing is if they do try and crack down on the buyers and sellers of coins, the people doing giveaways, etc. etc. they're going to cut the population of the game in half almost if not over half. They should realize that even if they dont like this stuff, at this point it is a part of the game and a big part of why a lot of people play. Trying to remove it or forcing people to stop it is just going to cause people to stop playing the game and ultimately will cost them more money then what they lose from coin sales right now.

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
So, you can't do anything to get bronze, silver, gold or carbon collectibles this year?

There's no trade-ins like last year to obtain these....

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012

RUB up to 5, and you don't even get rares from the packs. Maybe 1 a pack. Lol. Well looks like another year of no HUT.

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
I got rares in my RUB but nothing good.

I got a few other packs so far. Pulled Johansen, Laine and Weber. Laine's shot is so ridiculous. Legitimately picks corner.

Reactions: Evilwoot

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
How are the solos in this game? I used to grind madden solos for hours. Also: did EA mention if they would keep coming out with no solos like madden does or is what we see what we get?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
How are the solos in this game? I used to grind madden solos for hours. Also: did EA mention if they would keep coming out with no solos like madden does or is what we see what we get?

They're fantastic.

Now I've never played Madden before so I dont know what they're solos are like. But I did read one persons review of the game who thought the rewards for the challenges to be pretty awful in comparison to Madden.

But I think they're pretty fantastic. You can get anything from 500 coins for the most basic ones, to a rare players pack for the more challenging ones.

Considering they take an average of ~8 minutes to do one. I think even 500 coins is solid. That's pretty much the same as what you would get for playing 1 ~20 minute game offline or online. And that's the base line of rewards.

Most rewards are 1000+ pucks. Some of them as much as 1500 pucks and a rare player. And of course there's the pack reward ones also.

This has been what I have spent the majority of my trial time on so far. Easy to grind and slowly build up an arsenal of pucks.

No word on whether they will be releasing more throughout the year but I'd be willing to bet a lot of money they will. My guess is new challenges are gonna come out with each new Set they release with rewards related to that set.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I'm newly getting into HUT after doing it on Madden.

I'm a little confused with the whole Synergy aspect. Could someone explain that? I did a couple of the challenges and got Spurgeon and someone else for it.

The solo challenges are kind of fun. I'd say Madden's is more fun, and the NHL one is more basic, but it's kind of cool to play with a goal in mind.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
They're fantastic.

Now I've never played Madden before so I dont know what they're solos are like. But I did read one persons review of the game who thought the rewards for the challenges to be pretty awful in comparison to Madden.

But I think they're pretty fantastic. You can get anything from 500 coins for the most basic ones, to a rare players pack for the more challenging ones.

Considering they take an average of ~8 minutes to do one. I think even 500 coins is solid. That's pretty much the same as what you would get for playing 1 ~20 minute game offline or online. And that's the base line of rewards.

Most rewards are 1000+ pucks. Some of them as much as 1500 pucks and a rare player. And of course there's the pack reward ones also.

This has been what I have spent the majority of my trial time on so far. Easy to grind and slowly build up an arsenal of pucks.

No word on whether they will be releasing more throughout the year but I'd be willing to bet a lot of money they will. My guess is new challenges are gonna come out with each new Set they release with rewards related to that set.

Thanks for the info! Can't wait to try it out

GoldyNuck

Mar 7, 2017
So I've been out of HUT for the last couple years but got back into NHL this past year and I did the pre-order and all for NHL 18 and have Early Access. I packed a TOTW Week 1 Card and I'm not too sure exactly what it is. My first thought was that its a TOTW card for when the first week comes out but I'm not too sure, if someone could help me out that would be dope

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Some of the new stuff might actually keep me playing HUT this year. The last few years I was into it for a month or two then just lost total interest. Hoping this year is different.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Has anyone opened packs yet? Are they as stacked as the YT'ers make it seem? Or did EA just stack their packs they gave them all to make people spend money?

I feel like every NHL 18 YT video is either "INSANE FIRST PACK OPENING" or "VEGAS FRANCHISE MODE!"

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Has anyone opened packs yet? Are they as stacked as the YT'ers make it seem? Or did EA just stack their packs they gave them all to make people spend money?

I feel like every NHL 18 YT video is either "INSANE FIRST PACK OPENING" or "VEGAS FRANCHISE MODE!"

Packs the first couple of days are ALWAYS stacked, then they turn them WAY down once the market has enough decent players. They do this every year. I don't think they did anything to influence the packs of YTers, that's just the way packs are for the first couple of days. By the full release on Friday the packs will be back to their normal garbage.

That said I'm very excited about the Solo Challenges in HUT. That's all I do in Madden so I'm glad they're making their way over to HUT. Hopefully the rewards justify the time spent. On Madden you are very well rewarded for these challenges.

Also very disappointed to hear that collectibles are back, though I knew they would be. Such a dumb idea. They create these stupid cards that have absolutely no use other than finishing a set. The players in that set should be valuable, not the useless "collectible". I hate that system. Now they don't even have a way to earn carbons? No chance I'm completing any sets this year unless they drop from packs far more often than they did last year(which I doubt). So frustrating.

Last edited:

voiceofytown

Jun 15, 2006
I like the feel of Hut more content finally. I ordered the one with 40 packs when do i get my first 2 packs tomorrow i assume? Also i was suppose to get 2 gold plus packs with the pre oder did not see those also did not see nhl 15 nhl 16 nhl 17 loyalty jerseys? Is anyone else having issues? EA support will not respond to my concerns.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Spent $100 and bought 4 of those big packs. Pulled McDavid, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Panarin, and a few 85's.

voiceofytown

Jun 15, 2006
I like the feel of Hut more content finally. I ordered the one with 40 packs when do i get my first 2 packs tomorrow i assume? Also i was suppose to get 2 gold plus packs with the pre oder did not see those also did not see nhl 15 nhl 16 nhl 17 loyalty jerseys? Is anyone else having issues? EA support will not respond to my concerns.

Nice pulls! HUT for all Ea is that $$$ maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad