Hockey Ultimate Team: NHL 18 HUT Thread (All HUT talk goes here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thierry

May 30, 2006
Montreal
1. Is buying packs worth it?

2. Any tips on how to actually win bids? Lol...

1. Nope.
2. Study the market. Boring answer... but that's the thing.

All right, so I've read on reddit that if you complete a Flashback set, but don't open the pack and wait for next week, for example, you get the next week's player, meaning you could potentially get twice the same player.

For example, if I didn't open my Messier pack and I open it today and complete the set again, I would have Streit twice. Obviously, I wouldn't do that but... is it true ?

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
1. Is buying packs worth it?

2. Any tips on how to actually win bids? Lol...

1. I buy packs purely for entertainment value. Most of them are pretty shitty, but there's the odd collectible or sweet pickup that makes it worth it. I've pulled a Gonchar and Evo Marchand.

2. You gotta keep flipping between your active bids/unsuccessful bids

Chewmasey

Jan 28, 2013
Winnipeg
So last night I got 2 collectibles, Evo collectible and a prime time collectible.
I know what the Evo is but what's a prime time collectible? Should I sell these things? I doubt I'll get enough to trade in for an evo player.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Playing single player seasons against the computer, with my hut team.

How the hell do you win against superstar level?

They just strip you of the puck whatever you so and defending isn't even worth it since they just pass around while my own AI players skate around losing their guys...

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Playing single player seasons against the computer, with my hut team.

How the hell do you win against superstar level?

They just strip you of the puck whatever you so and defending isn't even worth it since they just pass around while my own AI players skate around losing their guys...

Position lock

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
Traded one of my Ovechkin's. Someone gave me EVO Burns, EVO Laine and Bure.

I got two high prices EVO's and BURE! :D :D :D :D :D

(I'm more excited for Bure lol. My all-time favorite!)

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Man, I can't even beat all star mode anymore. Used to be able to destroy superstar in past.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
So last night I got 2 collectibles, Evo collectible and a prime time collectible.
I know what the Evo is but what's a prime time collectible? Should I sell these things? I doubt I'll get enough to trade in for an evo player.

Prime Time is just one of the weekly sets. You could trade it if you want, or you could do the challenges that start Tuesday to get more

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Man, I can't even beat all star mode anymore. Used to be able to destroy superstar in past.

Blame EA and their super cheating AI.

I can manage all-star. But I can't touch superstar. AI shoots at like 33% or better clip and I get robbed on almost every opportunity I get.

The AI has always cheated to a degree, but it's on a whole new level this year.

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
Superstar used to be pretty easy for me. I could play a full franchise mode season and win the Cup. I'd lose maybe 15 games in the season (including OT)...

This year is a damn joke. A.I. is too fast, even with sliders. Their passes are too hard and too perfect, even with sliders. You get sneezed on and you lose the puck. You have to CRUSH them to lose it... but conveniently, the puck ends up under them and their body is in your way so you can't get to the puck.

My favorite is they still score glitch goals and your goalie CAN NEVER STOP THEM. One-timer (sliding away from the puck) off the draw on a PP is an automatic goal. Weak wrister short side from the very high slot always goes in. My favorite is the re-directs where they don't even look at the net and just throw their stick up and re-direct one in from crazy angles.

It's sad how bad this game has gotten for anyone strictly playing offline.

ElectricDreamMachine

Nov 5, 2013
You don't have to play full position lock against superstar, when defending just take the center or wing and backcheck like crazy and let the AI control the defencemen. If you are pinned in your zone then just hold the slot with the center. IMO the easiest way to score against superstar is just to take one timers from the point or slappers off the rush. Playing this way usually takes me 2 tries to get all the 3 stars.

17of26

Sep 9, 2008
You don't have to play full position lock against superstar, when defending just take the center or wing and backcheck like crazy and let the AI control the defencemen. If you are pinned in your zone then just hold the slot with the center. IMO the easiest way to score against superstar is just to take one timers from the point or slappers off the rush. Playing this way usually takes me 2 tries to get all the 3 stars.

This gets to the core of the problem. The game doesn't reward setting up nice plays with high percentage scoring opportunities. You just have to throw pucks at the net and hope that the AI decides it's time to let you score a goal.

When playing, I feel like the goalies are more likely to save a cross crease one-timer than an unscreened wrist shot from 30 feet.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I keep losing from 2+ weak goals going in on my goalie per game and it is really starting to irritate me. a weak shot from the goal line that bounces between my goalies pads and goes in. weak wristers from the point that hit my goalie and pop up and over him.... it's just ridiculous.

I get that those goals happen IRL, but happening 2+ times a game for about 10 games in a row now..... no.

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
f*** SCAMMERS! Seriously!!!

I keep getting trade offers for Ovechkin and they're people sending a gold contract or a coach, hoping I accidentally accept.

People like that suck. Don't be a douche. Send a legit offer or earn your damn cards.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Blame EA and their super cheating AI.

I can manage all-star. But I can't touch superstar. AI shoots at like 33% or better clip and I get robbed on almost every opportunity I get.

The AI has always cheated to a degree, but it's on a whole new level this year.

Some people almost play like superstar AI in Div 3 and CS. I'm convinced I'm not using pokecheck/hitting/passing like the elite players. Sometimes I feel like others just hold onto pass and let go after entering zone.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
**** SCAMMERS! Seriously!!!

I keep getting trade offers for Ovechkin and they're people sending a gold contract or a coach, hoping I accidentally accept.

People like that suck. Don't be a *****e. Send a legit offer or earn your damn cards.

Some people do that to see if you're checking trade offers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad