Hockey Ultimate Team: NHL 18 HUT Thread (All HUT talk goes here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
Anyone else getting errors when trying to buy items out on the AH? It's been really frustrating as this has been the case for me for the past week or so, with only occasional exceptions.

I get as far as the buy button, then I get a data failure and it kicks me out of HUT. I've lost out on some good snipes because of this, and trying to complete sets is nearly impossible as I waste time and coins resorting to bidding wars.

DON VITO

Mar 19, 2014
Germany
Next weeks Milestone set will be insane...

91 Crosby
94 Andreychuk
94 Recchi
89 Holtby
87er Luongo & whoever else comes out this week...

Attachments

• DOoLFmBW0AAmbll.jpg
    DOoLFmBW0AAmbll.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 7

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
What's the point in having 5 other computer players on the ice if you can't trust them? Defenders don't take the far side man, the goalies don't stop any shots from the slot. The wingers don't block any shots up high. Honestly. Just make HUT 1v1

Apr 4, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
My last two games have been unreal... I've won 8-7 two games in a row. The last one last night i actually played against Pavel Gogolev which is pretty cool. He plays in the OHL for Peterborough. He had a 99 card of him self which was ridiculously good.

But back to my point, goalies seem like they got nerfed like crazy or something.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
My last two games have been unreal... I've won 8-7 two games in a row. The last one last night i actually played against Pavel Gogolev which is pretty cool. He plays in the OHL for Peterborough. He had a 99 card of him self which was ridiculously good.

But back to my point, goalies seem like they got nerfed like crazy or something.

Wait, an OHL player had a 99 overall card of himself?

voiceofytown

Jun 15, 2006
Dumb question but in my free weekly pack i got a purple collectable i believe that says DRAFT?

what is this used for?

jorbjorb

hello.
Dec 28, 2010
Finally promoted to division 3. Still haven't spent real money on the game. It's getting pretty difficult playing these stacked teams though. I maintained div 4 one season and the got promoted the next. I have 30000 coins and need to add some talent.

Boragina91

Mar 13, 2012
The one nice thing about this years market is that you're able to build an extremely good team for fractions of what it woulda cost in years past. And it also allows you to play with just about any player if you're willing to play the market a little bit.

Stamkos - Crosby - St Louis
Arvidsson - Getzlaf - Evo. McDavid
Panarin - Toews - Tavares
Mo. Gallagher - Bergeron - Marchand

Doughty - Hedman
Weber - Keith
Subban - Josi

Price

Evo. McDavid is unreal. I know he's worth a shit-ton... but i dont know if I could bring myself to sell him.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Next weeks Milestone set will be insane...

91 Crosby
94 Andreychuk
94 Recchi
89 Holtby
87er Luongo & whoever else comes out this week...
Good time to stock up on collectibles while they still cheap.

nilssont

May 27, 2007
Picked up the 90 FB Perry for 46k. Cant wait to try it out with the silky smooth and rocket skates synergy. The base card was so slow but damn this is something else

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Picked up the 90 FB Perry for 46k. Cant wait to try it out with the silky smooth and rocket skates synergy. The base card was so slow but damn this is something else

He's a beast. Still a little slow, but he can protect the puck really well and has a shot and a half.

Alberta Oilfire

Jun 4, 2010
Central Alberta
Just got killed today online, some of you are unreal. Going to try out that Primetime Bobrovsky 91 instead of Joseph. He has been letting in some softies lately. See you out there!

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Schneider was finally showing his 86 overall true colours, and I got the Primetime Bobrovsky. He got a shutout in his first game and made a couple crazy saves.

Also how does the ranking work? Played someone today I was just over 4000, lost 4-2 and ended up 11,000 something? Crazy!

Nobody is exactly sure.

A low seed played the #1 guy a couple of weeks ago and won. He was given so many points that he had 5x as many as the #2 guy, who had a 46-0 record.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The one nice thing about this years market is that you're able to build an extremely good team for fractions of what it woulda cost in years past. And it also allows you to play with just about any player if you're willing to play the market a little bit.

Stamkos - Crosby - St Louis
Arvidsson - Getzlaf - Evo. McDavid
Panarin - Toews - Tavares
Mo. Gallagher - Bergeron - Marchand

Doughty - Hedman
Weber - Keith
Subban - Josi

Price

Evo. McDavid is unreal. I know he's worth a ****-ton... but i dont know if I could bring myself to sell him.

I picked up the game yesterday during the PS Store Black Friday sale for 50% off.

Now this is the first year of HUT I didn't buy on release day, but I can't believe the prices for players, especially base cards. I know base card ratings were dumbed-down this year, but still, you can build a nice team pretty quickly, and your favorite players aren't out of reach for guys like me who don't spend any money on the mode.

Gameplay-wise I'm pleased. Game seems more defensive now, guys miss the net more (more realistic) and passing seems greatly improved, easier to cycle the puck around and not rely on scoring off the rush as much.

And I pulled a 92 Lidstrom in my returning user bonus packs, maybe my best pull in all my years of playing HUT. Just wish I could sell him.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Went 2-0 and got ranked like 150 overall. Wonder whether this can be enough to remain in top 5000 lol.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I picked up the game yesterday during the PS Store Black Friday sale for 50% off.

Now this is the first year of HUT I didn't buy on release day, but I can't believe the prices for players, especially base cards. I know base card ratings were dumbed-down this year, but still, you can build a nice team pretty quickly, and your favorite players aren't out of reach for guys like me who don't spend any money on the mode.

Gameplay-wise I'm pleased. Game seems more defensive now, guys miss the net more (more realistic) and passing seems greatly improved, easier to cycle the puck around and not rely on scoring off the rush as much.

And I pulled a 92 Lidstrom in my returning user bonus packs, maybe my best pull in all my years of playing HUT. Just wish I could sell him.

IMO, the legend players/set players are too good/too easy to get.

Top players in the league, such as Karlsson and Hedman, are not that valuable on the market because they wouldn't even crack a lot of teams' lineups. Maybe a few top legends should be over 90 overall and the rest on par with the great/elite NHL players.

Corey Perry's flashback card, which is relatively easy to get (you could get through the collectibles for ~$40-50k) is a 90 overall. In comparison to the base player cards, he'd be tied for the top player in the league with Crosby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad