News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2017-18 Edition PART I

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Or unless Barzal smashes through the wall like the Kool-Aid man. But, you're right, goals > assists when it comes to those awards and rightfully so.
Not that I don't want Barzal to win the Calder and keep lighting up the league but goals rule. It is what it is.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Not that I don't want Barzal to win the Calder and keep lighting up the league but goals rule. It is what it is.

Of course, as long as he's still in the top 1-2-3 conversation at the end of the season, I'm more than happy with it because that means he has sustained his level of play and the Islanders' playoff hunt would be a direct benefactor.

Hell, Crosby didn't win the Calder either!

Reactions: MJF

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Sell em. Not worth sitting out in that cold, especially to watch a Ranger/Sabres game. Stay warm, watch it from home.

Problem is that we don't have the tickets in hand. We're to pick them up at the box office on game day. If you trek out to Citi Field to pick up the tix just to sell them, we might as well watch the game.

And I was at the Islanders/Rangers game at Yankee Stadium a few years ago. I DEFINITELY don't want to repeat that experience!

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Problem is that we don't have the tickets in hand. We're to pick them up at the box office on game day. If you trek out to Citi Field to pick up the tix just to sell them, we might as well watch the game.

And I was at the Islanders/Rangers game at Yankee Stadium a few years ago. I DEFINITELY don't want to repeat that experience!
Ah, feel the gentle breezes coming off the bay. 12 degrees at puck drop.

Stay home. Leave the tickets at the box office.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Even if the Isles were playing you couldn't pay me to sit at Citi Field for 3 hours in 20 degree temperatures.

I'll be perfectly content nursing a hangover warm and toasty on my couch. Plus some good bowl games for those CFB fans out there!

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Even if the Isles were playing you couldn't pay me to sit at Citi Field for 3 hours in 20 degree temperatures.

I'll be perfectly content nursing a hangover warm and toasty on my couch. Plus some good bowl games for those CFB fans out there!
I went to the Isles-Rags game at Yankee Stadium. Night game, 22 degrees at faceoff. $225 to sit in the 300s over the 3rd base dugout. Cee Lo Green getting booed off the stage.

Been there, done that, never again.

The only way I go to another outdoor game is if we get the weather they had at Dodger Stadium for Kings-Ducks.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I went to the Isles-Rags game at Yankee Stadium. Night game, 22 degrees at faceoff. $225 to sit in the 300s over the 3rd base dugout. Cee Lo Green getting booed off the stage.

Been there, done that, never again.

The only way I go to another outdoor game is if we get the weather they had at Dodger Stadium for Kings-Ducks.

$225 well worth it to see that, Lol!
I remember seriously considering going to that game and balked once I saw the ticket prices and the fact it wasn't a weekend night. And they lost, ugh.
Edit- list of Islander players in that game that make you cringe: Colin McDonald, Peter Regin, Matt Donovan, Brian Strait, Andrew MacDonald wearing an A and Kevin Poulin in net!

If it was a reasonable temperature and price I'd go, but 20 degrees and $200+ to barely see the puck? No thanks

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
$225 well worth it to see that, Lol!
I remember seriously considering going to that game and balked once I saw the ticket prices and the fact it wasn't a weekend night. And they lost, ugh.
Edit- list of Islander players in that game that make you cringe: Colin McDonald, Peter Regin, Matt Donovan, Brian Strait, Andrew MacDonald wearing an A and Kevin Poulin in net!

And the game sucked!

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Too low. The players look ike they dwarf everything on the rink.

Yeah, it's hard to tell the spacing between players and even tracking the puck on shots is hard because of all the snow. That could be because I'm streaming it and not watching on T.V. though.

Bellows with a really good chance moments ago. Looked like he clanked one off the post. TSN broadcast saying how he has the best release on team USA.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Yeah, it's hard to tell the spacing between players and even tracking the puck on shots is hard because of all the snow. That could be because I'm streaming it and not watching on T.V. though.

Bellows with a really good chance moments ago. Looked like he clanked one off the post. TSN broadcast saying how he has the best release on team USA.
Bellows with a rip on a 2-man advantage.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Great shot from Bellows. They were lucky to be up 5 on 3, we'll see if they can get another one here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad