News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2017-18 Edition PART I

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Bellows with a hella shot in SO, beating Hart, hopefully we will be seeing alot of that in years to come

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
Carolina keeps winning just one point behind us

Beat Pittsburgh and Cam Ward stood on his head again

They are better than us honestly. MUCH better goaltending and defense, and its not like their offense is bad at all. We are top heavy and the rest of the team is dog$#!t

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Carolina keeps winning just one point behind us

Beat Pittsburgh and Cam Ward stood on his head again
Unfortunately it's entirely possible it's the Islanders who fall out of the playoffs.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I know the nyi like to keep things close to the vest, but the total lack of credible rumors is frustrating. I am not sold on Halak having turned the corner and the team no longer needing a goalie and I want a vet D, even if Boychuk is only week to week.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
You don't think Snow has not had preliminary talks with GM's about certain players we like? I think that is part of the ongoing, everyday part of a GM's job to keep chatting up the marketplace so when sentiments change or circumstances dictate, players of interest are known to each other. Then it because a matter of price and desire.
Offers refreshed, or revised to meet situations. I can't believe we will not make a move that will be impactful. No GM is blind enough to sit still and watch their team crumble.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
You don't think Snow has not had preliminary talks with GM's about certain players we like? I think that is part of the ongoing, everyday part of a GM's job to keep chatting up the marketplace so when sentiments change or circumstances dictate, players of interest are known to each other. Then it because a matter of price and desire.
Offers refreshed, or revised to meet situations. I can't believe we will not make a move that will be impactful. No GM is blind enough to sit still and watch their team crumble.

In Oct. Eyes On Isles posted a link to a Snow interview on Siruis radio, where Snow described this roster as a real cup contender .
I did not bother with the interview because I disagreed with Snow's comments, was not even sure if he was trying to sell that idea to fans or Tavares and his rep.

I worry that Snow is higher on the current roster then he should be.

Reactions: IODCPiper

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
In Oct. Eyes On Isles posted a link to a Snow interview on Siruis radio, where Snow described this roster as a real cup contender .
I did not bother with the interview because I disagreed with Snow's comments, was not even sure if he was trying to sell that idea to fans or Tavares and his rep.

The only person I’d trust less is Milbury

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
They are better than us honestly. MUCH better goaltending and defense, and its not like their offense is bad at all. We are top heavy and the rest of the team is dog$#!t

Top heavy ?
What basis do you have for that statement? Geez
Just because after Lee,JT,Bailey,Ladd,Barzal!Eberle , and Leddy
Our next leading scorer is Ho Sang and he has only played 22 games and resides in Connecticut doesn't mean we are top heavy
Geez!

Actually he is tied with Sheriff Woody and Dehaan with 12 points
3 more have 11 points but these stats didn't go with the story.

since this is the news thread I will add that it is not news that
Shane Prince is amazingly not the answer .

Let it snow let it snow let it snow
The switch from vicadin to Percocet is not easy but since our peak of
16 wins and 7 losses the perc goes better with scotch
Now that's news worth reporting

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Devils made a move today. Traded Dalton Prout to Calgary for Eddie Lack. Lack was assigned to Binghamton.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland

Geez this is very disturbing to say the least.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79

based on how the team finished the season, i don't think it is far fetched to think that we'll competitive. i don't think that we're at the same level as the contenders, but not far below.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Well no 3 point gane tonight in DC, Devils go quietly into the night.

Now just need the Blues to do their part for a regulation win.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Well no 3 point gane tonight in DC, Devils go quietly into the night.

Now just need the Blues to do their part for a regulation win.

I have to say tonight turned out perfect for us. My guess is we don't catch the Caps but Jersey may falter so them losing in regulation is probably the best option, all while Carolina loses in regulation so they don't have an advantage over us anymore for that final wildcard spot

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
based on how the team finished the season, i don't think it is far fetched to think that we'll competitive. i don't think that we're at the same level as the contenders, but not far below.
I expected the isles to be competitive, but disagreed they were built for the playoffs with no real idea of what they were getting out of the 2nd line with newcomers Eberle/Barzal, with Ladd coming off a crappy season and a D that has quite a bit of inexperience.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Every GM says that in October, don't know why you guys are bringing it up now like it means anything.
Because I wonder if Snow thinks this roster is better then it actually is.
Does he really see the isles handling TB/Columbus/Pitt in a playoff series?

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
you mean tom hanks?
ok, now that i know who sheriff woody is, please tell me what the hell he has to do with the new york islanders?
Some people seem to think Brock looks like the character from the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad