News and Notes Part 12: Malone scored enough to win us Hanifin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2010
NC
Any way to watch the Traverse city games? The canes are only live tweeting them, and I know in the past some teams have sent cameras to the games. Anyone know if that's the case this year?

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Any way to watch the Traverse city games? The canes are only live tweeting them, and I know in the past some teams have sent cameras to the games. Anyone know if that's the case this year?

Every year they taunt us with this tournament. "Hey, all those kids you're excited about are playing hockey as an appetizer to the preseason. But nobody is video taping it, so enjoy the 9 tweets of game coverage losers. HAHA...HAHAHAHAH....MUAH HAH HAHAHAHAHAHAH"

AhoLottaLove

Jun 30, 2010
The tweets aren't very informative either. It'd be nice to see a box score or even a decent recap.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
If the Hurricanes want to hire me for next years Traverse City tournament I can totally go out there for free, as long as they pay for my transportation and hotel. I'll use my HD webcam and laptop and stream the games for them on one of the many free stream hosting websites.

There is seriously no excuse for them not to be broadcasting these games in 2015.... A decent laptop $800 or so, HD camera hooked up to lap top $300, tripod $50, make an intern go out there with Michael Smith to operate the camera, pay for their hotel + transportation $1000? Total $2500ish? That's nothing for a professional sports team to add some free additional content for their fans.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
If the Hurricanes want to hire me for next years Traverse City tournament I can totally go out there for free, as long as they pay for my transportation and hotel. I'll use my HD webcam and laptop and stream the games for them on one of the many free stream hosting websites.

There is seriously no excuse for them not to be broadcasting these games in 2015.... A decent laptop $800 or so, HD camera hooked up to lap top $300, tripod $50, make an intern go out there with Michael Smith to operate the camera, pay for their hotel + transportation $1000? Total $2500ish? That's nothing for a professional sports team to add some free additional content for their fans.

No kidding. I don't care if the camera angle isn't great, if the person filming isn't exactly a pro at broadcasting the games- I want to see prospects play, and it is dirt cheap to stream video online these days. Especially when you already own, or at least have access to, all of the hardware you would ever need. Canesvision has professional gear just laying around at PNC.

I mean, maybe there's some broadcast rights stuff that would need to be worked out with FSN and the NHL, but c'mon.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
I think the idea of him 'getting destroyed if he dare try this stuff at the NHL level" is overblown. While there are similarities between he and Skinner, Sergei seems to always have his head up. It should make him a better playmaker on top of keeping him safe.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
That zone entry and the play in general looked like it was worked on in the very limited practice time they had. Also found it interesting there were 2 D on the ice at 3 on 3. It was certainly two very mobile two-way types, and it worked out pretty damn well.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
So you're doing it for free? Thanks bro!

From what I've heard Traverse City is a very beautiful town. I'd gladly do it for free haha, as long as I get the transportation, hotel, and equipment. I'd have fun watching the prospects play and then maybe heading out in the town and getting a nice mini vacation.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
That zone entry and the play in general looked like it was worked on in the very limited practice time they had. Also found it interesting there were 2 D on the ice at 3 on 3. It was certainly two very mobile two-way types, and it worked out pretty damn well.

Gotta love that pass by Slavin....patient. That kinda stuff is gonna happen alot in these 3-on-3 overtimes.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
i am excited for 3 on 3 overtime because it is a brand new and exciting way for our team to look completely inept

simply losing in regulation, the shootout, or 4 on 4 overtime was starting to get a bit stale

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
From what I've heard Traverse City is a very beautiful town. I'd gladly do it for free haha, as long as I get the transportation, hotel, and equipment. I'd have fun watching the prospects play and then maybe heading out in the town and getting a nice mini vacation.

One of my friends wife is from there, he said it's really nice.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
So, looking at players not signed. Wonder if there would be any interest with Kennedy? Could use his speed and grit in the bottom 6 maybe and make Malone or Terry the 13th forward.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
So, looking at players not signed. Wonder if there would be any interest with Kennedy? Could use his speed and grit in the bottom 6 maybe and make Malone or Terry the 13th forward.

We have 24 13th forwards, Malone the least of which needs to be replaced. He's played great in his role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad