Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Michael Ryder (age 35)
Erik Cole (age 36)
Martin Erat (age 33)
Scottie Upshall (age 31)
Brad Boyes (age 33)

These guys are still available.

I think Ryder on a 1y would work for us maybe.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
camp opens next week

how long until we sign gleason and slutty

??

Lindy and Hanifin collide on day one of training camp, giving each other and somehow Jeff Skinner concussions.

Day two of training camp GMRF announces that Cole, Tlusty and Gleason have been signed to identical 4 year, $16 million dollar deals, with full NTCs.

JClaus33

Sep 18, 2013
NC/SC
booth to florida and glencross to toronto on pto's

more picks for toronto when they flip him at the deadline

we like our group tho

Yeah I think they've had a really smart offseason tbh, kind of wish we had followed in their footsteps a little bit at least when it comes to signing guys who can actually play to cheap 1 year deals. Easy profit

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Admittedly, I would have liked to sign a guy or two for a Leafs like strategy. However, getting picks vs playing young guys so they have experience and you know what you have are both valid strategies. Now, if nobody ends up really seizing the opportunity and we end up with guys like Boychuk who likely have no impact future with us, or safe guys like Brown coming out last year, then this strategy will be a bust. If that is the case, I expect if they don't have any PTO guys at camp to sign they would look into signing one of the bargain guys that may be left, make a trade for a team that's still a little cap tight, or most likely grab something off the waiver wire. I bet they already have some potential waiver targets in mind.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
To be fair, we did the PTO thing last year. Gerbe and...Malone(?) came off PTOs.

Neither of those are true. Gerbe was signed July 26, 2013 (2 way deal) and Brad Malone was a July 1 2014 signing. To my knowledge (of which I'm sure there are gaps) , LaRose, Dvorak, and O'Neill are the only ones to do the PTO thing in Carolina.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Neither of those are true. Gerbe was signed July 26, 2013 (2 way deal) and Brad Malone was a July 1 2014 signing. To my knowledge (of which I'm sure there are gaps) , LaRose, Dvorak, and O'Neill are the only ones to do the PTO thing in Carolina.

Didn't Malhotra do a PTO, or did he just outright sign with the Checkers?

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
He signed a 25 game PTO with Charlotte, then had to sign a real contract with them, then had to sign with Carolina before he could be recalled. So I guess it kind of counts.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I think maybe Lacoutue several years ago. Cale Hulse, Jason Woolley after the lockout some time back. We may have had more around those seasons

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

Dvorak. That's who I was thinking of. I knew we did it recently.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
^ That was odd. Not as odd as having Slavin a teir below Wesley. Not sure where that came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad