News and Notes Part 12: Malone scored enough to win us Hanifin

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
For the most part, I agree, except in this case, he was specifically asked and was being open and honest.

From the article though it looks like it wasn't so much that Waddell spoke disparagingly of him to the press but was asked specifically what went wrong with Semin. Personally I appreciate an actual answer to the question as opposed to obfuscation.

Ya, I can understand this perspective...but I would prefer Waddell just say something like "We're excited for our current team...yadayada...Alex has moved to a new team and not a focus of mine".

Since we've all heard the critiques of Semin and the reason for the buyout, I wouldn't view the no-comment approach as obfuscation but more of just moving-on...just my preference...I'll stop nit-picking.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
From the article though it looks like it wasn't so much that Waddell spoke disparagingly of him to the press but was asked specifically what went wrong with Semin. Personally I appreciate an actual answer to the question as opposed to obfuscation.

At any rate, the other take-aways from his talk before the Raleigh Sports Club

• The team is still for sale, but relocation from Raleigh is NOT being contemplated - "This franchise eventually will get sold, but it’s not leaving Raleigh."
  • Waddell has purchased a house in Raleigh and he "wouldn’t be buying a house if I thought we were leaving the city."
  • A $50M - $70M expansion/renovation of PNC Arena is being planned
  • While average attendance went down last year, the team also reduced the number of complimentary and reduced tickets to put more of a premium on STHs
  • # of STHs has increased by an unspecified amount - first time in the last six years that there's been growth among the STH base
  • Waddell not opposed to ads so long as they're limited to a small patch near the shoulder on home jerseys only

the boh board isn't going to like this :laugh:

Reactions: Roboturner913
Dec 30, 2013
2879604-2810243_inb4_lock_super.jpg

Reactions: Roboturner913
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->