Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Nashville Predators - February 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
he is a good coach for a veteran team trying to win he's a bad coach for a mediocre team trying to be good but i think most coaches would fall into that category
I am frustrated and fed up with AV. But I wonder who out there would be better. I guess the organization feels this way too.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
He had about 15 goals in the first 15 games and a very high shooting percentage. At least that’s how i remember it. Might be wrong.

Yeah they team also had that 6 goal a game thing going for the first 20. Not only did it let us still make the playoffs once it cooled off, but also the Excel chart was thrown off for the year, so garbo players were still considered good because although they hadn't showed up for 30-50 games after the cooling, their expected goals/60, points/60, etc. still indicated that Gretzky's single season records would be shattered.

Alas, that did not happen.

Reactions: TheTakedown

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Absolutely infuriating that both those hits go unpenalized. Horrible. Refs should have to have a press conference after BS like that.

Although I'm frustrated with the Ranger's response, I also agree that the officiating was horrible.

Sometimes I think head shots get downplayed because the NHL doesn't want to get tough on or fully acknowledge the head shot issues plaguing the league.

Its probably dude to future TBI litigation a lot of the professional leagues might face in the next decade.

Reactions: Rangers_23

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
This team and coaching staff isn't underachieving. It's doing as well as it could have expected especially with the injuries.

I am very inclined to give Gorton a pass when this year was considered to be a proper full fledged retool transition year from the get go.

If Gorton wanted to "compete and retool" one foot in both boats then he would have made a trade to improve our troublesome center depth in the off season. That was the biggest hole we had.

The Stepan trade was a priority for Gorton before his NMC kicked in and with the trade for futures, it dictated that this team is no longer able of retooling while competing. Hard to trade for an upgrade on C and retool at the same time.

During the Shattenkirk negotiation, a lot of reports came out that Gorton wasn't interested in a Shattenkirk friendly deal that would weigh down the team in the future and wanted to focus on young players instead.

This year was always meant to be a bumpy ride from the start and this team was always meant to struggle to make the playoffs.

Gorton buckled himself in during the off season and made very few forced moves to improve the team so this upcoming summer would be easy to clear bodies, contracts, and restack the deck to his design.

The singular mistake that he made was leaving Vigneault at the helm. It's not the worst idea to keep the coach if you're in a retool year and waiting for the deadline, draft floor, and off season to blow it all up in a controlled fashion.

Average team, average coach, with no intention of buying at the deadline sounded okay except Vigneault's shelf life has far gone past expired and the rot has contaminated everything else in the organization. It's all seeping in and this team is now basically poisoned with lathargy, shame, and doubt.

I mean, the failure combination of Vigneault and Arniel that's learned nothing over the course of many playoff abominations hired Ruff based on familiarity and friendship without reflecting on what the needs of the team and coaching staff are. What can be expected out of a wholly dysfunction and unaccountable group of men who refused to admit their fault and learn from their mistakes?

I never expected this team to accomplish much this season but at least I hoped for victories and improvements within a losing effort. A step in the right direction for the team identity, team spirit, individual players, and coaxing out a few breakout players.

With Vigneault at the helm though, everything has deservingly gone to shit. We're trying to weather a storm and Vigneault decided to steer the ship into the only iceberg within travelling distance of the ship.

Reactions: Holocene

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers got an ass kicking last night. Back to back games against two of the top teams in the NHL. It won't close as the score indicated. The Rangers are a soft little team. Nashville bitch slapped them last night. The Rangers had eight shots on the goal through the first two periods. There is so much work to do for this management team.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
SwingFall.gif

This team sucks and is profoundly unlikable.

silly accident, poor woman.. :)
Yes unlikable, but we enjoy Rasmus and other top talents, and you seldom get both in this league - including a top draft pick and playoffs unless you move core pieces like Stepan last summer.

I don`t really care if we not end up qualifying for playoffs based on injury reasons, and maybe that what this team need top 10 1st draft talents next summer.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
You have to wonder whether or not Staal is getting close to a point where he's going to call it quits. What is this, the 4th or 5th concussion? Love his Rangers career but at some point you have to look to the future and the guy has a wife and kids. Really need to get this stuff out of the game with suspensions that have a real bite to them. Suspending someone 1-3 games that just knocked your guy out for months is astoundingly dumb - and the players share the blame in this as the union probably would never "approve" long suspensions.

Reactions: BobSantos

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
With all the crap that was pulled by Nasheville, why didn’t McLeod do the one thing he was brought up to do?

If you’re going to play a plug who is supposed to protect his teammates, then he better damn well answer the Bell when its time.

Bring up the AHL kids and let them get experience if McLeod refuses to do the one thing he was signed to do. I’d rather see youth and skill struggle on the ice than a bunch of plugs that decide not to bring the one thing they excel at.

Reactions: jacko23

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
They should be saying 5 years ago, but the Excel sheet has show recent greatness in an injured pile of ass.
You have 3 players kod in 3 games with not a peep. 3 wins in what 20 games. Given up goals within a minute of tying or getting close like 75 out of the last 89 times

Pretty much Chris Mullen would be better.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
With all the crap that was pulled by Nasheville, why didn’t McLeod do the one thing he was brought up to do?

If you’re going to play a plug who is supposed to protect his teammates, then he better damn well answer the Bell when its time.

Bring up the AHL kids and let them get experience if McLeod refuses to do the one thing he was signed to do. I’d rather see youth and skill struggle on the ice than a bunch of plugs that decide not to bring the one thing they excel at.
He should have been released between the 2d and 3rd.

Maloney spot on on radio saying these boys being bitchslapped on a nightly basis.

Really should trade pieces now before hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad