GDT: New Jersey Devils vs New York Rangers: Get Schwifty Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'm subjected to the Rags feed tonight, and they are doing a Shattenkirk feature. I swear they did something like this in preseason.

shotandagoal

Dec 29, 2008
I see their logic.

They wanted to keep Gibbons in for PK. Wood has been solid as well (pun intended). I think Hayes is a better fit for 3RW than Noesen. Noesen is much better suited for the dump it in and chase mentality on the fourth line.
So your saying Hayes skates and carries the puck better than Noesen ? If anyone is Suited for dump and chase it's Hayes . The 4 th line has done a great job against the other teams better lines. Getting it deep and keeping it away from their defensive zone. That would be their primary job. Scoring is a bonus but Noesen has shown he can play an offensive role when he has had the opportunity

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
So your saying Hayes skates and carries the puck better than Noesen ? If anyone is Suited for dump and chase it's Hayes . The 4 th line has done a great job against the other teams better lines. Getting it deep and keeping it away from their defensive zone. That would be their primary job. Scoring is a bonus but Noesen has shown he can play an offensive role when he has had the opportunity

Think Hayes is a better fit than Noesen. Noesen fumbles the puck and plays hot potato way too much with it for me to want him above a fourth line role. It interrupts the flow of his line too much. It works when you're hounding the puck with Gibbons and Coleman, but not with Henrique and Bratt, IMO.

I'm not sold Hayes is better, but I don't like Noesen there either.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Think Hayes is a better fit than Noesen. Noesen fumbles the puck and plays hot potato way too much with it for me to want him above a fourth line role. It interrupts the flow of his line too much. It works when you're hounding the puck with Gibbons and Coleman, but not with Henrique and Bratt, IMO.

I'm not sold Hayes is better, but I don't like Noesen there either.

Agreed. Noesen hasn't showed me much.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
It's not like they're playing him over Santini and Butcher though, they're playing him over Prout and Mueller, big deal - not like either of them have been that great so far either. Even scratching Mueller back to back games shows some form of accountability too since he was their acquisition.

Regular playing time for Prout night return a draft pick at the deadline of the team isn’t contending. I’m sure with Mueller this is some teaching going on so I get it but I’m not playing Lovejoy ahead of anyone just spotting him as needed when someone has earned or requires a night off. It’s early and any discernible pattern for his usage has yet to emerge. I too worry he’ll be overplayed but we will have to give it about 10 games and see.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This is a team we should be able to play Lovejoy against, if we absolutely have to, as they're a poor possession team and not as likely to glue him to his chair in his office (the D-zone).

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ondrej Pavelec still has an NHL job?

Huh
He sucked as bad as Winnipeg PavelSUCK in relief against the Leafs last week.

And he also let in a laughably bad OT goal in preseason against the Flyers.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Our PK has been tough to watch, when it's not scoring.

Moore and Lovejoy on the same PK shift? f*** off.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We look awful.

We haven't looked this bad to start a game at all this season.

Thankfully the puck is hitting Kinkaid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad