GDT: New Jersey Devils vs New York Rangers: Get Schwifty Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

devsfan4life

Aug 13, 2007
FL
Stafford back in with Johansson and hischier, bratt to 3rd line.

And Lovejoy in for prout..... mueller still healthy scratch.

devsfan4life

Aug 13, 2007
FL
I thought noesen was out.

Idk... I'm just reporting what gross tweeted. He said Noesen is a healthy scratch too. So it's:

Hall - Zacha - Palmieri
Johansson - Nico - Stafford
Jesper - Henrique - Hayes
Wood - Coleman - Gibbons

Last edited:

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Knew it was only a matter of time until hynes figured out a way to get his boy lovejoy back in. And watch how much longer his leash is than Mueller & prout's were. So we have that to look forward to seeing for the foreseeable future.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Yeah not happy about Lovejoy.

The staff earned a bit of my respect for scratching him a few games but we all knew it was too good to last.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah not happy about Lovejoy.

The staff earned a bit of my respect for scratching him a few games but we all knew it was too good to last.

It's not like they're playing him over Santini and Butcher though, they're playing him over Prout and Mueller, big deal - not like either of them have been that great so far either. Even scratching Mueller back to back games shows some form of accountability too since he was their acquisition.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Knew it was only a matter of time until hynes figured out a way to get his boy lovejoy back in. And watch how much longer his leash is than Mueller & prout's were. So we have that to look forward to seeing for the foreseeable future.

Let's see how they use him first. People were paranoid for game two, but the Devils hardly used him at evens and used him mainly on the PK.

Santini and Severson have both looked solid and have shown no reason for Lovejoy to play over them.

Reactions: Aethon

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It doesn't matter. Our big guns should still beat this team.
It does matter, and not just because of results tonight. This organization very publicly said last week that they were going to play the best players, the players that are playing well, and that players that aren't playing well weren't going to play. Well putting in Lovejoy for Prout and leaving Moore in for Mueller, as well as scratching Stafford for Noesen instead of Hayes says the opposite.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I like the forward lines. I think Bratt will benefit from third line minutes and another vet on Nico's right will only help him too
I haven't liked the Johansson-Hischier-Bratt line at all, just too many of the same type of player for one line. So I agree changing it up is good.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
You knew they were going to get Lovejoy back in of course. Not sure why Noesen comes out, that 4th line has been good, should be Hayes.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
You knew they were going to get Lovejoy back in of course. Not sure why Noesen comes out, that 4th line has been good, should be Hayes.

I see their logic.

They wanted to keep Gibbons in for PK. Wood has been solid as well (pun intended). I think Hayes is a better fit for 3RW than Noesen. Noesen is much better suited for the dump it in and chase mentality on the fourth line.

Reactions: JK3

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Bryce should get a gig reading children's books. His voice always sounds like he's talking to small children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad