GDT: New Jersey Devils vs New York Rangers: Get Schwifty Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
lets just hope the guys that sat dont go all prima donna on us. benching them was half the battle. its what hynes does now that really matters. needs to tell them that it wasnt personal, just come out next game and show everyone what you got. i would post that gif if i could lol.

If they do then we don't want them here. I doubt that happens. These guys are professional and everyone in the locker room knows what is up.

Reactions: AveryQuietMan

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It's too bad Lappin can't seem to score in the NHL the way he does in the AHL.
I don't know, 4 goals in 43 games on last year's team for a player that was fresh out of college? Not much different than 50/60 percent of the forwards and all that played the majority of their time in the bottom 6

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Getting a good chuckle on some of the Avs posters doubling down that they still didn't have room or don't want Butcher. Ok then..

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Getting a good chuckle on some of the Avs posters doubling down that they still didn't have room or don't want Butcher. Ok then..
In all fairness, I don't think you can have Barrie and Butcher in the lineup at the same time?

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I don't know, 4 goals in 43 games on last year's team for a player that was fresh out of college? Not much different than 50 percent of the forwards and all that played the majority of their time in the bottom 6

He scored 3 of those 4 goals in his first 11 games, and had 1 goal in his last 32 games, isn't a particularly good possession player, and isn't very good defensively.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
I am happy with everything. The Caps game was a disappointment because not only did the Devils have momentum we were in the offensive zone when Zacha got that stupid penalty. Hynes' pet peeves day one, dumb penalties and poor effort.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
Is too early to start questioning Johansson? Haven't really liked anything I've seen so far

Yep too early.

You were right on Coleman though, I'll give you that. I'm still right on Pietela though. I think it was him we were talking about in the summer or maybe it was Lappin.

Can I question Severson on the PP yet? Seems nothing ever happens when he's out there other than drop off passes (which someone must have finally told him to stop doing...don't remember it happening tonight) or a jumbled mess of players trying to enter the zone unsucessfully. Butcher is a million times better and he's been in the league 5 games.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
He scored 3 of those 4 goals in his first 11 games, and had 1 goal in his last 32 games, isn't a particularly good possession player, and isn't very good defensively.
What is rookie going to do while playing with players like this?

Bennett 8 in 65
Josefson 1 in 38
Smith-Pelly 4 in 53
Fiddler 1 in 39
Kalinin 2 in 43
Blandisi 3 in 27

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Lappin didn't exactly do much to impress in camp either...he's basically callup fodder till proven otherwise.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I have Johansson in the same boat as Rico or Zajac.

By the time we’re for real, he’s on the third line.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Is too early to start questioning Johansson? Haven't really liked anything I've seen so far

Probably...but I agree he has been the least impressive player so far this season. I will attribute it to new team etc. but not only has he made physicially bad plays.. his decision making has been suspect. you can see he has the skill set but so far not so good..pretty sure he will come out ok..but yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad