GDT: New Jersey Devils vs New York Rangers: Get Schwifty Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Butcher is going to be a stud. Absolutely love his game and it’s not even about all the assists. Very poised for a first year player.

As for Hynes and the benchings, I like that he sent a message but he basically gassed his team for the third period. Glad it didn’t bite them in the ass.
Even if it cost us the game tonight, it was the right move for the season. That kind of effort just isn't acceptable.
Time to break out the blender...and I don't mean Blandisi.
I'm sure Lemaire's bingo ball cage is still kicking around the arena.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Well at least I'll give you credit for being around for ALL THE GAMES.

Unlike Tundra, who only shows up with his I-told-You-So's when the Devils lose.

I'm not trying to rub anything in anyone's face. It has nothing to do with I told you so's. When they look like crap I point it out. When they look good I point it out. At times I get irrational about it, specifically when they are losing. I acknowledge sometimes I go overboard, but it's just a coping mechanism. I appreciate being able to vent here and people generally bearing with it.

Bankers Box

Aug 26, 2009
Glad the devils pulled out the win but this was a very sloppy game from them.

They need to simplify their game down a bit, as well as working on their pk if they continue to take so many penalties.

Reactions: liquid1988

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
That was the strangest win I've ever seen.

A few of our top players need to get their shit together. And Zacha...dude needs to man up, the tentativeness is getting old already. Seems mentally fragile.

On the bright side, when those guys get going ("if" for Zacha) woo boy that makes us all the better.

Reactions: glenwo2

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
Butcher is going to be a stud. Absolutely love his game and it’s not even about all the assists. Very poised for a first year player.

As for Hynes and the benchings, I like that he sent a message but he basically gassed his team for the third period. Glad it didn’t bite them in the ass.

according to avs fans we had an ECHL'er on our hands. ill kill the crow, you make them eat it.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Disagree.

We got our asses kicked in the 1st Period and Kinky bailed our sorry asses out. Only when the 2nd and 3rd period happened did this team wake up and remember there's a hockey game to be played.
The shots were 31 to 19 and we had 5 PP's to their 3. That was a very weak performance. In fact, it was probably a weaker overall game than the Washington game.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Even if it cost us the game tonight, it was the right move for the season. That kind of effort just isn't acceptable.

I'm sure Lemaire's bingo ball cage is still kicking around the arena.

I mean I don’t disagree but it just seemed excessive when the team was really struggling to keep up in the third. At what point are you actually punishing the players that you’re supposedly rewarding with more time? Whatever the case, hard to think that Hynes’ message wasn’t heard loud and clear.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
It's the beginning of the season with, essentially, seven talented rookies on the roster which is a lot better than seven borderline AHL vets

There's going to be a LOT of sloppy play.

Please be patient

Reactions: Oneiro and Dialamo

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
The shots were 31 to 19 and we had 5 PP's to their 3. That was a very weak performance. In fact, it was probably a weaker overall game than the Washington game.

3-1 nuff said. but u are right. they have to step it up a notch.
edit: imean 3-2 im drunk again dont mind me.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I mean I don’t disagree but it just seemed excessive when the team was really struggling to keep up in the third. At what point are you actually punishing the players that you’re supposedly rewarding with more time? Whatever the case, hard to think that Hynes’ message wasn’t heard loud and clear.
It's not about rewarding the guys who are playing with more ice time, it's about punishing the guys who played poorly. Not just with the bench either, but to have to sit there and watch 9 other guys carry the load for you because you let them down with your play.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

They had an awful 25 minutes before the benchings and a tired last ten minutes when rolling three lines for over half the game caught up to them. In the middle when they got the message and not worn out from it they were terrific.

Reactions: Blender

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Glad the devils pulled out the win but this was a very sloppy game from them.

They need to simplify their game down a bit, as well as working on their pk if they continue to take so many penalties.

I keep hearing this, but to me, I think it's the exact opposite. They just need to go out there and play. Stop thinking about what the simple or safe play is and just do what your instincts tell you to.

I feel like a lot of the hockey has been coached out of hockey players in an attempt to replace it with systems. You see the guys trying to process the situation in the context of the system they are supposed to be playing rather than what their instincts are telling them. That slows them down enough to give the other team the advantage. They seemed to just be playing by instinct the first three games. The last two they looked to be trying to "simplify the game" instead of playing the game.

Reactions: Oneiro

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
They had an awful 25 minutes before the benchings and a tired last ten minutes when rolling three lines for over half the game caught up to them. In the middle when they got the message and not worn out from it they were terrific.

Yepp and the Rags were naturally going to press late down by two.

Considering how gassed they were I liked how they played in the third.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Forward TOI leaders: Palmieri (20:20), Hall (20:11), Coleman (17:59), Bratt (17:22), Stafford (17:20)
Defense TOI leaders: Greene (25:44), Severson (21:05), Santini (20:29)

Reactions: Oneiro

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Really didn't like how he we played at all, but one thing I'm happy about: Hynes sent a message, and the players heard him. Thats a good sign going forward. Also wish Nico could play the way he played in the opener, but thats just how it works with rooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad