GDT: New Jersey Devils vs New York Rangers: Get Schwifty Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Johansson and Rico probably won't both be here in two years. One of em's probably going to be resigned but it'd almost be overkill to have both of them AND Hall around.

I'm not going to kill him too much for the first five games, but I'd be lying if I wasn't at least 5% wondering if his numbers were padded on a great offensive juggernaut and he might not do as well here.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
I have Johansson in the same boat as Rico or Zajac.

By the time we’re for real, he’s on the third line.

i have been hating on henrique for the past season or so.. .but since he has been slotted down into the proper role he has been really solid..

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
The issue I have with Johansson is we have Quenneville and Blandisi in the minors who both can be playing that LW spot if he's going to be benched for half a game.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
i have been hating on henrique for the past season or so.. .but since he has been slotted down into the proper role he has been really solid..
I agree. I crapped on him for months last season (for good reason), but since he's been played in more of a depth role with special teams time he's been much better.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Johansson and Rico probably won't both be here in two years. One of em's probably going to be resigned but it'd almost be overkill to have both of them AND Hall around.

I'm not going to kill him too much for the first five games, but I'd be lying if I wasn't at least 5% wondering if his numbers were padded on a great offensive juggernaut and he might not do as well here.

I mean he does have 4 points in 5 games so production wise he has been fine.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's too bad Lappin can't seem to score in the NHL the way he does in the AHL.
I liked him quite a bit when he first came up. I don't think he's a full time NHL player though.

If he is, it might be in the role of a 4th liner.

Calling him for Hayes probably would be no more than a neutral move. I doubt they'll toss Hayes this early, but I could see him being a healthy scratch next game. Hopefully Zacha and Mojo get another crack the next game, they're good players. Hayes really is not.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I mean he does have 4 points in 5 games so production wise he has been fine.

Well sure on paper, but three of those points came against a Sabres team that all looked as out of it as his line did tonight. He's been invisible to bad the other four games. But yeah it's early and he was fine in the preseason so hopefully the benching spurs him onto a hot streak.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
I liked him quite a bit when he first came up. I don't think he's a full time NHL player though.

If he is, it might be in the role of a 4th liner.

Calling him for Hayes probably would be no more than a neutral move. I doubt they'll toss Hayes this early, but I could see him being a healthy scratch next game. Hopefully Zacha and Mojo get another crack the next game, they're good players. Hayes really is not.

the bing is looking ok, quennville had a hatty, a couple guys are hurt. later this year we will have some very nice problems to deal with.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
"Sometimes there has to be a message and I thought the other guys that played had a great response," Devils captain Andy Greene said. "I know next time when we're in that situation it's not going to be those guys; they'll be ready to play."

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
This is premature, but we are better than last season.

so what would you call it? avs are decent, leafs are right there, rangers are not playing to their potential.........

edit: i know you called it premature. im just saying.

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
Hard to criticize anyone at 5 games in. However, in Washington MoJo spent 90%+ of his time with guys like Ovi Backstrom and Kuznetsov. He always had a big gun playing with him. He can't be the go to guy on a line and with a rookies like Nico and Bratt he is, perhaps trying him with Henrique might be a better idea.

On Coleman I think he's doing better than any of us could have imagined, looking extremely good as 4C

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
The issue I have with Johansson is we have Quenneville and Blandisi in the minors who both can be playing that LW spot if he's going to be benched for half a game.
Johansson and Zacha are too talented to not be given another chance and will stay in the lineup for at least another 5 games before we think about recalling Quenneville and Blandisi. They will both learn from the experience, especially MoJo on what is acceptable effort for his new team and the standard he must set for the others if he is going to keep that A on his chest.

Hayes however is very lucky to be in the team and his lack of talent means he really can't afford to coast. I'll say he will be scratched for next game with Noesen back in the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad