Post-Game Talk: New Jersey Devils at New York Rangers - 10/14/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Yeah, him and just about every other winger in this league has something holding them back.

I don't get why he gets hated on for being something he isn't instead of being appreciated for what he is, but to each their own I guess.
I guess you have lower expectations of him than many of us do because a lot of players would love to have his natural gifts.

McD37

Oct 10, 2016
I refuse to believe this is bad hockey team. I do not even think they are worse than last years group and that team got 100+ points. I respect AV, he is good coach IMO. It just looks like he has nothing more to offer to this team. I think he gets some more games and I am hoping Rangers will get better and start getting results. If that does not happen, firing AV and bringing in someone with new ideas, fresh look at the team might be the best decision for Rangers.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
For all of those referencing the Pens... consider who the coach is. Yes, any coach would have been better than Junior Coach Johnston, but Sullivan is what... a Top 10 - maybe Top 5 - coach in the league. Is Ruff that much better than AV?

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
He's been a 20+ goal scoring possession driving winger over the last 3 seasons....

Alot of players on this team are worse than he is too.

And that's with him not even trying that hard, it appears. As been stated, he looks lost more often than he looks beast. There's just that something that seems to be holding him back from being elite when he has the tools. His ceiling is perceived to be so high, so when we don't see it, it's frustrating and disappointing.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
For all of those referencing the Pens... consider who the coach is. Yes, any coach would have been better than Junior Coach Johnston, but Sullivan is what... a Top 10 - maybe Top 5 - coach in the league. Is Ruff that much better than AV?

Who would've thought Sullivan to be such a good HC. He wasn't anything special when he was an assistant under Torts. Pens are a blessed organization.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
And that's with him not even trying that hard, it appears. As been stated, he looks lost more often than he looks beast. There's just that something that seems to be holding him back from being elite when he has the tools. His ceiling is perceived to be so high, so when we don't see it, it's frustrating and disappointing.

That just simply isn't true.

Again, people want to rip him for what they wish he was rather than appreciate what he is. As he is right now, he's probably this teams best winger.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Who would've thought Sullivan to be such a good HC. He wasn't anything special when he was an assistant under Torts. Pens are a blessed organization.

Perhaps... However, you do know what you have in Ruff - and (IMHO) he isn't as good as Sullivan.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
That just simply isn't true.

Again, people want to rip him for what they wish he was rather than appreciate what he is. As he is right now, he's probably this teams best winger.

Agree to disagree, but I like Miller's and Zucc's games more. Better vision, stick handling, boardwork, and anticipation. I wish I didn't have to rip Kreider. I really do want to see him succeed. I see him as being a limited dimensional player with one good move streaking down left wing.

Reactions: Unusual Suspect

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
Perhaps... However, you do know what you have in Ruff - and (IMHO) he isn't as good as Sullivan.
Ruff definitely isn't the answer. But we need a shake up right now and he would be fine just to get through the year and then assess in the off season.

Reactions: BHD

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I see this attitude all the time now, especially with what the Yankees are doing.

"Oh look the Yankees rebuilt, and now they're great again!"

The Yankees traded replaceable players for overpayment at the deadline. It wasn't "hey let's trade Tanaka, Sabathia, Gregorius, Gardner, and McCann and lose 100 games!!"

That's a good comparable

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Agree to disagree, but I like Miller's and Zucc's games more. Better vision, stick handling, boardwork, and anticipation. I wish I didn't have to rip Kreider. I really do want to see him succeed. I see him as being a limited dimensional player with one good move streaking down left wing.
And yet Kreider consistently outperforms Miller in all facets of the game

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Kreider

40d1c66cc696c9e7b17af1037051d842f2395b2e4f3c23f4fbcc5a72ebdc2bbd.jpg

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
As far as the offense goes, it's difficult to put together 3 goals when the other team gets all the momentum after you score the first one, which has happened just about every time we've scored this year besides the Toronto game.

Or, you know, just blame Kreider.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Ya know what?
Kreider plays only when he wants too.
He's got all the tools to dominate and be a 30+ goal scorer but he simply chooses not too.
I watched him last night, in person and yet again he just doesn't want to be the difference maker.
He's got zero heart.
He usually doesn't fall off like this until mid season..

Last edited:

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Lol Staal has been getting top 4 minutes almost all season, not really a reduced role.

AV has needed to go for a multitude of reasons, player usage is amongst them but how about getting a coach in here who under stands the value of fore check pressure and not willingly giving up your own blue line? Or someone who will ensure that this team doesn't look like ass for large stretches over an 82 game season? How about a coach who actually treats his players fairly?

AV is a ****ing horrible coach who has been propped up by elite goaltending his entire career.

Firing AV is not going to make our players suck any less

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Firing their coach did wonders for the Pens, and they were worse than we are right now. Coaching changes help, they're not fairydust, its a real thing.
When the Penguins fired their coach, they had 2 of the top 5 players in the world. I don't believe the Rangers have one of the top 50 players in the world.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Yeah, him and just about every other winger in this league has something holding them back.

I don't get why he gets hated on for being something he isn't instead of being appreciated for what he is, but to each their own I guess.
To clear up the mystery, when you can dominate a game, but do it 4 periods a season, you deeserve to be ripped.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
As far as the offense goes, it's difficult to put together 3 goals when the other team gets all the momentum after you score the first one, which has happened just about every time we've scored this year besides the Toronto game.

Or, you know, just blame Kreider.
No one is blaming Kreider. We are asking how a player can easily be the best player on the ice a few games a season and be invisible for multiple games at a time.

Or you know, just blame AV for every single thing that has ever gone wrong in every Ranger game.

Reactions: Off Sides
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad