Post-Game Talk: New Jersey Devils at New York Rangers - 10/14/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
No one is blaming Kreider. We are asking how a player can easily be the best player on the ice a few games a season and be invisible for multiple games at a time.

Or you know, just blame AV for every single thing that has ever gone wrong in every Ranger game.

McDavid went ten games without scoring a goal last year.

Aaron Judge might win AL MVP and has spent nearly three months of the season being absolute garbage.

It's called being human.

Reactions: pdogfizzle

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Kreider might not be lacking heart, but he is definitely lacking something that is holding him back from being an elite winger.
To me when he got that boarding call a few years ago against Min, and AV flipped out on him for being physical he has shied away from contact since then.

I always thought he had the tools to be a Lucic with 3x the skill but he has nowhere near the heart.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Dude it's October lol

Personally I'm not even sure the Rangers have been playing much differently than last year so far. Things look a lot worse when pucks are going in, and vice versa.

Win 10 games in October: It's only October. It doesn't mean anything
Lose 10 games in October: Oh no! We aren't a play off team

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Dude it's October lol

Personally I'm not even sure the Rangers have been playing much differently than last year so far. Things look a lot worse when pucks are going in, and vice versa.

This is a great point.

Tbh, this is our usual f***ing October without the PDO binge.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Discussing Kreider is distracting from the point, as is discussing a few other players. We complain about these guys when they go a few games without scoring. No one is consistent every game, hockey's a game of streaks for offensive players. Kreider might go 5 games without a goal and then has 10 in 20 or something like that.

The problem is the lack of overall forward depth, the lack of players who can actually defend, the goaltending and the coach. We are relying on too many players who can not get the job done. Seems like a bad team to me.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Discussing Kreider is distracting from the point, as is discussing a few other players. We complain about these guys when they go a few games without scoring. No one is consistent every game, hockey's a game of streaks for offensive players. Kreider might go 5 games without a goal and then has 10 in 20 or something like that.

The problem is the lack of overall forward depth, the lack of players who can actually defend, the goaltending and the coach. We are relying on too many players who can not get the job done. Seems like a bad team to me.
So basically everything. :laugh:

Not laughing at your post, humor just makes the losses easier to swallow.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Brooksi with passion and he write a new article for us! :)
And last time we went 6/1 loss was in 1960/61. Full story here: http://nypost.com/2017/10/15/players-must-take-responsibility-for-rangers-disastrous-start/

My conclusion it won`t be easy to meet the back to back Stanley cup champs, and I`ve a notion that we will be a struggle with our current poor form.

I don't know. Last year we went 9-0, and met a garbage (was it Vancouver?) team that was off to a even more disastrous start than we were. Everyone expected a blowout win. We got destroyed and shut out.

In hockey, your fortunes can change over the course of a single game.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
If Crosby & Malkin play above average game it might be difficult, but Henrik is probably in goal. He can shutout even Pens as long we score a goal we can get pts. in that game.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Brooksi with passion and he write a new article for us! :)
And last time we went 6/1 loss was in 1960/61. Full story here: http://nypost.com/2017/10/15/players-must-take-responsibility-for-rangers-disastrous-start/

My conclusion it won`t be easy to meet the back to back Stanley cup champs, and I`ve a notion that we will be a struggle with our current poor form.

If anyone was in doubt about how truly f***ed up our team is...read this article. It's a solid effort by Brooks.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
We started slow plenty of times before. I'd put the pitchforks away until December.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I'm not saying that everything is fine, because it isn't. The roster is flawed, from not being talented enough up front to being mediocre defensively to having too much money in a slightly above average goaltender.

However, what would everyone be saying if they were 4-2 right now...what they probably SHOULD be based on chances and actual game flow.

I said it before. This is EXACTLY the same situation that existed in the seven years of hell. Many times those teams would come out and dominate a first period, only to have a 1-0 lead, even though they'd outshoot the opponent 19-3 or something ridiculous. Then, one half mistake, it's 1-1. They stop skating. One lazy play, 2-1. Goaltender can't make the big save to keep it a one-goal game. They get one late in the third, but give up an empty-netter, 4-2 loss. Coaching changes never moved the needle.

I never thought those teams were necessarily as bad as many do. They were the epitome of how bad luck can snowball into laziness and weak play. That's what I'm starting to see here.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Always fun watching people rip that idiot AV to shreds. His horrible, ill-fitting defensive system has always taken 10+ games in order for guys to adjust so none of this is surprising. A good coach would adjust the system to optimize his players but AV is a terrible coach so it is what it is.

As for all the Stepan lamentations? Trading Stepan was the right move to make overall when you look at
A) This team now
B) Stepan now
C) Both going forward

It's not even a question that it was the right move. Maybe the team wins 4 or 5 more games this season with him. Maybe they go one round further this year. But honestly, at his current production and skill level I hesitate to say he'd even help the team win a single round. At that contract, with his already steadily declining play, getting rid of him was so brilliantly done.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
McDavid led the NHL in scoring.
Judge led the AL in Home Runs and dominated the league, statistically.
Kreider________________________

You're missing his point in order to argue about how Kreider has never been as good as some of the best in their respective leagues. He's not arguing CK was ever one of the best at something. He's accurately showing that every player can be inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad