[NEW] 2022-23 FPHL Season Thread

WOSHLFAN123

Dec 16, 2022
You might want to find another point to help with evidence of your assertion, because this is more of a point of evidence for the other side than yours.

Since 1925, only 10 non-league teams have made it to the Round of 16. Only one has made it to the quarter finals. That one that made it to the quarters was Lincoln City who played Arsenal, then middle of the Premier League table, worst season since the mid-90s, who made almost wholesale changes to the starting eleven from their last league game, and what what was Arsenal's reserve side more or less went out won easily 5-0.
I'm fairly certain if an ECHL team (which is a good league with talented players, dont care what never has beens say about it on this forum here) went up against a top NHL team the result would be the same... no this point actually still stands... because this non league team beat multiple professional sides including Premier League club Burnley AND Brighton and ipswich town.... so no my point still completely stands... you can't compare hockey and football at all... which is my point

Arsenal (idc what place they were in at the time) and the other big 4/5 clubs in England are in a league of there own tbh, with depth and paycheques, but thats not the point.

Point is "non league" footballers and the sphl are not comparible and in fact use entirely different structures. there is no relegation in NA and the teams are franchises

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Don't look now, but Delaware has been on a 22 game losing streak. They are getting close to threatening the 25 game record held by Battle Creek.

• Haha
Reactions: Roadhog

CarolinaThunderbird

Jan 24, 2023
Hey y’all, I’ve been lurking for a while and finally decided to sign up.

Someone up thread asked if any FPHL teams had any OHL players.

Carolina has 4 OHL and 1 WHL player.

From the OHL:

Lucas Rowe (1st Round pick)*
Dawson Baker
Justin Pringle
Jarett Meyer (has been gone all year for personal issues, but rumored to be back next week)

WHL:

Joe Kennedy

*Lucas is a rookie and is absolutely tearing it up. I have met his parents and they said he has been offered a call up to the SP several times but has declined because he loves playing in Carolina. He had some pretty severe injuries that hurt his development, but you can tell that he has a ton of talent. Great kid, too.

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
So what did Ivashkin do to be suspended until the end of the season by the league?

I'm going to guess that he retained a lawyer to sue the league for allowing the Watertown GM to dress for a game and deliberately injure him.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
So what did Ivashkin do to be suspended until the end of the season by the league?

I'm going to guess that he retained a lawyer to sue the league for allowing the Watertown GM to dress for a game and deliberately injure him.
Per WICZ-TV ...
Binghamton posted on Instagram yesterday that Ivashkin was "placed on team suspension prior to last Saturday night's game due to a breach of team conduct and will remain suspended for an indefinite period of time." A spokesperson for the team confirmed this and added that the team can not add any further context at this time. ...

But I do like your scenario.

• Wow

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Just to keep the statistical tradition alive, here are the FPHL 2022-23 standings as the League enters their last full month of regular season play ...

1677769420239.png

The top 2 teams in each Division are racking up impressive records (in a Fed sorta way), while the new (reborn) Motor City Rockers get honorable mention for remaining within 20 points of the top tier in the Continental.

NEPA Ice

Mar 17, 2022
Just read a comment on FB that Watertown is dealing with some sort of shenanigans by one of its players. Anything of note?

CarolinaThunderbird

Jan 24, 2023
The Delaware Thunder Will be having a press conference tomorrow afternoon.

It looks like they will be moving next year. Will they stay in Delaware? Maybe Dover? Anyone know of any barns that may be in the running to be the new home?

Andre Poodle Lussier

Apr 1, 2012
Semi seclusion
Only arenas (not rinks) in Delaware with ice making capability are Harrington (State Fair) and Newark (University of Delaware). Moving upstate would be viable since New Castle County has 400,000+ people and UD's rink seats 2500 (although bleacher, it's still the largest rink in the state).

The state fair "arena" is really more of a high school level facility (as I'm sure many of you know).

swansonsays

Oct 13, 2021
The U of D arena is international size, not North American. Not sure if FPHL rules dictate ice sheet size. The second U of D rink is NA sized, but is probably smaller seating wise than Harrington. Also that rink has pretty poor facilities.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Considering their 28-113-3-3 record over nearly 3 seasons of Fed play, maybe "high school level" would be a good re-starting point for the Thunder.
Their poor record is even more shocking when you realize that they've had the good fortune to have won multiple FPHL Draft lotteries.

Reactions: JMCx4

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
  • Haha

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Their poor record is even more shocking when you realize that they've had the good fortune to have won multiple FPHL Draft lotteries.
We all know that Delaware exists by now to be fleeced by other teams. I'm just surprised that fans haven't picked that up.

Anyway, if they move, it'll probably be out of state, but ideally not so far away to run up expenses. So... somewhere in New Jersey or Maryland?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad