[NEW] 2022-23 FPHL Season Thread

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
The FPHL conference (or are they divisions?) finals matchups are set: Carolina vs. Columbus in the Continental, and Binghamton vs. Danbury in the Empire. Game schedules are on the League website HERE. All games are free-cast on the individual teams' You Tube channels.

Captain Crash

Apr 9, 2015
The last team conditioned them to really bad hockey, after all.

Danville Syndrome is the new Stockholm Syndrome.

Pens on Instagram states the Thunder's lease is officially not being renewed and a press conference with more detail is forthcoming.

Short of going to Salisbury and rebranding as the Delmarva Thunder, they likely are cooked as a team or will be sold/relocated.

But wait! They have a plan for a new rink in Dover that will definitely happen. I see zero reason this won't happen. None at all. This is destiny.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Binghamton & Columbus puts big hurts on their Friday night opponents, to take 1-0 Division Finals leads. Recaps can be found HERE.

Last edited:

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Carolina eliminated Columbus on Sunday with a 4-3 victory in Game #3 of their Continental finals series. The Thunderbirds await the Empire Division winner to compete for the 2023 Commissioner's Cup.

ETA: The Hat Tricks defeated Binghamton on Monday night, setting up a Danbury v Carolina finals.

Last edited:

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
In Game #1 of the 2023 FPHL Commissioner's Cup Finals on Friday night, the Carolina Thunderbirds overcame an early 1-goal deficit with a 3-goal first period (two by forward Gus Ford). The host T-birds then cruised to a 6-2 victory over the Danbury Hat Tricks. Game #2 of the best-of-5 championship series will be played in Winston-Salem on Saturday night.

Last edited:

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
Pens on Instagram states the Thunder's lease is officially not being renewed and a press conference with more detail is forthcoming.

Short of going to Salisbury and rebranding as the Delmarva Thunder, they likely are cooked as a team or will be sold/relocated.
I wonder if Delaware could relocate? I’ve always thought a team playing out of Morristown, NJ and the Mennen Arena would make sense for FPHL. Seems like it would be a good location and the right size at 2500.

SemireliableSource

Liter-a-cola
Sep 30, 2006
HSV
Pens is looking into relocation but nothing is official yet. I'm hearing somewhere in the Keystone state is most likely. I'll leave it at that since I don't have a linkable source.

HockeyDude16

Dec 23, 2021
So the Mammoth are no longer mentioned on the Standings page and on the Inactive page on the FPHL website

Attachments

• Mammoth Gone 1.jpg
    Mammoth Gone 1.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Mammoth Gone 2.jpg
    Mammoth Gone 2.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 0

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
The Hat Tricks kept the Big Mo' going on Saturday, beating the T-birds for the second consecutive night. Final score was Danbury 4 - Carolina 3, tying the FPHL Commissioner's Cup Finals series at 2 games apiece. The deciding game will be played @ Danbury Arena on Sunday night, and will be free-streamed on the Tricks' You Tube channel starting @ 5 PM Eastern Time. :popcorn:

CHIP72

Mar 16, 2013
Silver Spring, MD
The Hat Tricks kept the Big Mo' going on Saturday, beating the T-birds for the second consecutive night. Final score was Danbury 4 - Carolina 3, tying the FPHL Commissioner's Cup Finals series at 2 games apiece. The deciding game will be played @ Danbury Arena on Sunday night, and will be free-streamed on the Tricks' You Tube channel starting @ 5 PM Eastern Time. :popcorn:
I actually watched parts of this game on YouTube. The game had a very controversial ending when with 5 seconds remaining in regulation, the clock operator did not start the clock after a face-off. A few seconds later (officially with 2 seconds on the clock but more than 3 seconds had elapsed from the face-off), Carolina scored what appeared to be a tying goal. However, the goal was waived off (probably the correct call). The officials then decided to end the game and give Danbury the victory. IMO, the officials should have ruled to replay the final 5 seconds. I have no dog in this fight, but that was a pretty bad decision by the officials.

The game was entertaining from the parts I saw, but it's nonsense like how the last 5 seconds was handled that makes the FPHL look bad.

Reactions: Roadhog and JMCx4

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... The game was entertaining from the parts I saw, but it's nonsense like how the last 5 seconds was handled that makes the FPHL look bad.
The Fed has plenty more than that to make them look bad. The fans in attendance have already bought in to the product, and the perspectives of you along with a dozen other You Tube watchers will have zero influence on the overall approval ratings. The Fed will continue to do business as usual, and they will continue to draw a niche following for the sort of entertainment offered. Death, taxes, and low Single A hockey are ALL inevitable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad