[NEW] 2022-23 FPHL Season Thread

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
A league's gotta publish a schedule to be taken seriously, amirite?
FPHL 2022-2023 SEASON SCHEDULE

June 2, 2022

Syracuse, NY – The FPHL announces the 2022-2023 schedule. Each of the teams will play 28 home games and 28 away games. The first game is scheduled for October 13, 2022, with the Motor City Rockers taking on the Port Huron Prowlers. The FPHL regular season will wrap up on April 15, 2023.

The FPHL would also like to welcome three new expansion teams; The Motor City Rockers, Elmira Mammoth and the Mississippi Sea Wolves. The league has returned to ten teams again. ...

Read just a teeny bit more at:

Atlantian

Dec 13, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Interesting moves so far. I can see every team except Delaware being competitive so far which is a step in the right direction for the Fed. 9 competitive teams.

Reactions: Dingo44

Atlantian

Dec 13, 2017
Atlanta, GA
@Atlantian: What "moves" do you mean? :huh:
To me the only team that may not be competitive would be MCR but with Babin in goal they just need to be halfway decent up front to be competitive in the Continental division. To me, Columbus and Mississippi will be top two in the Con and Danbury and Watertown will be top two in the Empire. Everything else is up for grabs. Delaware wins 3 games.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Had @Atlantian not mentioned the FPHL division names, I wouldn't have noticed those designations were introduced. No League fanfare over this sense of an organizational structure. I guess low key works in whatever their marketing strategy may be. :dunno:

Reactions: Atlantian

Atlantian

Dec 13, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Had @Atlantian not mentioned the FPHL division names, I wouldn't have noticed those designations were introduced. No League fanfare over this sense of an organizational structure. I guess low key works in whatever their marketing strategy may be. :dunno:
It really was announced quietly. Here’s the divisional layout for next season:

Continental Division
- Carolina
- Columbus
- Mississippi
- Motor City
- Port Huron

Empire Division
- Binghamton
- Danbury
- Delaware
- Elmira
- Watertown

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
If they manage to expand west of the Mississippi River (Iowa, anyone?), will they create the Louisiana Purchase Division?

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
BLACK BEARS NAME GARY GILL NEW HEAD COACH

July 22, 2022

BINGHAMTON – The Binghamton Black Bears announced today that the club has named Gary Gill as the new head coach for the 2022-23 season.

Gill, a native of Montreal, QC, joins the Black Bears after being the head coach and general manager of the Vermont Lumberjacks in the Eastern Hockey League (EHL). Gill also served as an assistant coach for the Federal Prospects Hockey League’s Columbus River Dragons during the 2019-20 campaign. ...

Gill brings over 400 wins behind the bench and nine total years of experience coaching professional hockey to Binghamton. He also served as an assistant coach for the ECHL’s Reading Royals from 2007-09 and the Central Hockey League’s Mississippi River Kings in the 2009-10 season. ...

Read more at:

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Classic hockey summer pause content ...
-------------------------------------
The Best Jerseys in FHL/FPHL History

Posted on July 26, 2022
By Shawn Johnson

You fans asked me to pick my 5 favorite jerseys in FHL/FPHL history. This was not an easy task at all. There have been so many teams to choose from and each team has had different styles each year as well as 2-5 specialty jerseys each season. Narrowing it down to 5 was so difficult. Once I narrowed it down to five it was even harder to rank them. Reminder, this is just my opinion. You do not have to agree with me. If you do not agree, that’s fine! I would love to hear what your list would be. ...

Read & See the List at:

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Spoiler alert: No one actually asked him to pick his five favorite FPHL jerseys. He just doesn't have any original ideas on who or what to write about.
Slim pickins with FPHL content. Maybe he should do a follow-on blog to predict the jerseys of the revival WPHL teams. The Las Vegas Millionaires is a gimme: Poker chips on a prison jumpsuit.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
God bless the Delaware Thunder for trying to act all professional & stuff ...
COACH SANTINI APPOINTED GENERAL MANAGER

August 1, 2022
by Mike Basile

The Delaware Thunder Professional Hockey Club is proud to announce the promotion of Lou Santini to General Manager and Head Coach. With Delaware since the beginning, Coach Santini is ready to take the next step. Santini has a plethora of Hockey experience, including coaching in the EHL, USHL, NCAA, and ECHL. In his playing days, he protected Iona College’s net at the NCAA level. Coach Santini is the most experienced coach in the FPHL and is considered a bench tactician. He runs high-level practices and is renowned for his video analysis and breakdown. Known as a class act, Coach Santini is well respected in all of hockey. ...

Read more at:

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car

cynicalcitizen

Feb 6, 2014

Binghamton has 40-year-old Jon Mirasty on the roster.

What a joke. The guy has/had some health problems from playing hockey, hasn't played at any level in four seasons, and now the Fed is going to run him out there to "play hockey."

Source re: health issues: Hockey tough guy forced to sell Tim Hortons franchise due to health issues
I guess we're just going to ignore a successful run in the NOSHO with the Sudbury Blueberry Bulldogs.

Reactions: 607Hockey

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
BATON ROUGE MAKES FIRST STAFF HIRE

September 12, 2022
by Jon Kliment

BATON ROUGE, LA– Today Baton Rouge pro hockey makes their first step towards permanence and are proud to announce we have signed our first staff member as Jonathan Kliment will join the team immediately as their Director of Broadcast/Media Relations. ...

When asked about the hire owner Barry Soskin said "We are looking to set up an organization that this area can take pride in. When we looked to find someone who can help us get off on the right foot we knew Jon, from his days in Elmira and what he did last year in Vermilion County, could be a solid first piece. We look forward to bringing on more pieces as time goes on, but I know this hire shows how serious we take coming into the market and we are confident Jon will be a solid start to what we are building." ...

Read more at: News: Baton Rouge Makes First Staff Hire - BR Pro Hockey

• Love
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad