Other Sports: NCAA Thread v12

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Clemson has joined Florida State in a lawsuit of their own against the ACC.

I was just listening a podcast Thamel was on recently. He said he doesn’t think the SEC & Big Ten value Clemson & Florida State right now as much as the public would think. He said North Carolina & Notre Dame are the bigger targets given they’d bring more money to the table.

He said North Carolina is the next team watch to publicly make a stance after Clemson. He said they’re unhappy but as a founding member of the conference that’s probably stop them from doing things publicly like that.

He said Florida & South Carolina in the SEC vehemently don’t want Florida State & Clemson in the league. Then you have other schools like an Auburn & Georgia that are more so softer no’s on that front.

He said the Big Ten is already at 18 teams opposed to the SEC’s 16 teams so they’re going to likely be selective in their next move which I’d assume going back to his previous point is Notre Dame & North Carolina.

His overall point seemed to be that Clemson & Florida State will eventually land in one of those conferences but it’s not gonna move as fast as perhaps some think. As they’re not the no-brainers for either conference at this moment.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
What if they go to the Big 12?

He mentioned it & said they’ll probably offer a good deal but he doesn’t see it as Clemson & Florida State want the stability the Big Ten & SEC have.

Like I said he thinks they ultimately end up in one of the two conferences. He was just more so talking about how the Big Ten & SEC would likely have a lot of leverage over them in potential discussions because they’re not a 100% do what have to do to get it done like takes for either conference right now.

He said Notre Dame & North Carolina are higher in the pecking order in the next potential wave of expansion.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Looks/Sounds like CBS is cutting back on 247Sports. On3 is taking a decent bit of their previous talent. Wiltfong is the best insider in college football.

So it happened with Rivals. Now it's happening with 247. Does Shannon Terry get yet another buyer to take On3 and then kill them with a new company? :laugh:

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
So it happened with Rivals. Now it's happening with 247. Does Shannon Terry get yet another buyer to take On3 and then kill them with a new company? :laugh:

I just don’t really know how many major media companies are left at this point.

I don’t know how the keep falling for it. He sells high & avoids the part where you have to start cutting inventory.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You guys missing out if you only paying attention to the men’s basketball

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad