Other Sports: NCAA Thread v12

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Harbaugh’s taking Michigan SC Ben Herbert & DC Jesse Minter with him to San Diego.

I think Moore was the best hire they could make but this is gonna be the challenge for him/them. Can he completely run a program 365 days a year? Harbaugh was still running the day to day stuff this year when he was suspended from game days.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Harbaugh’s taking Michigan SC Ben Herbert & DC Jesse Minter with him to San Diego.

I think Moore was the best hire they could make but this is gonna be the challenge for him/them. Can he completely run a program 365 days a year? Harbaugh was still running the day to day stuff this year when he was suspended from game days.

Minter is obviously huge, but doesn’t it feel like Herbert is a big deal too? Most of the time, you’ll be fine if you’re willing to spend on those guys. But Michigan keeps developing some absolute freaks.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Minter is obviously huge, but doesn’t it feel like Herbert is a big deal too? Most of the time, you’ll be fine if you’re willing to spend on those guys. But Michigan keeps developing some absolute freaks.

A strength coach at the college is probably the most important assistant you can have. Obviously they have huge impact in the player’s body development. But they’re also around the players more than the actual coaching staff given the limits on things like that. So they’re also kind of driving the culture of your program.

But yeah Michigan fans are seemingly pissed over this one more than they are Minter. I think they kind of expected Minter to go even in season given his NFL ties.

It sounds like they’re promoting within. So one of his assistants last year is going to take over.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
A strength coach at the college is probably the most important assistant you can have. Obviously they have huge impact in the player’s body development. But they’re also around the players more than the actual coaching staff given the limits on things like that. So they’re also kind of driving the culture of your program.

But yeah Michigan fans are seemingly pissed over this one more than they are Minter. I think they kind of expected Minter to go even in season given his NFL ties.

It sounds like they’re promoting within. So one of his assistants last year is going to take over.

Ask him if he can stop by Dallas on the way to Cali and finish the job he started with Mazi Smith.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
@JojoTheWhale Andy is going to take McConkey at the end of round 1 and make him a star, instead he? Sounds like Ladd is expected to make a serious move in Mobile.

Absolutely yes, but maybe or maybe not in R1. There are just so damn many WRs in this class. He’d be a wonderful fit for Andy.

Harrison, Nabers, and Odunze are locks for R1. Thomas should be, but I feel like the league doesn’t agree. All of McConkey, Coleman, Legette, Franklin, Mitchell, Walker, Pearsall, Polk, Corley, Burton, and Worthy feel like top 50 guys in most years. And I expect guys like Cowing to start generating buzz at some point too. It makes me unsure of projecting spots for almost anyone.

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Absolutely yes, but maybe or maybe not in R1. There are just so damn many WRs in this class. He’d be a wonderful fit for Andy.

Harrison, Nabers, and Odunze are locks for R1. Thomas should be, but I feel like the league doesn’t agree. All of McConkey, Coleman, Legette, Franklin, Mitchell, Walker, Pearsall, Polk, Corley, Burton, and Worthy feel like top 50 guys in most years. And I expect guys like Cowing to start generating buzz at some point too. It makes me unsure of projecting spots for almost anyone.

I was looking at DJ's list earlier and wondering about the Chargers. One scenario - they take Bowers at 5 (which they are being mocked to do in every mock I have seen), then pluck one of those WR fallers early in Round 2. I kind of want them to just take Nabers in the first, but I could see Harbaugh going D there maybe.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I was looking at DJ's list earlier and wondering about the Chargers. One scenario - they take Bowers at 5 (which they are being mocked to do in every mock I have seen), then pluck one of those WR fallers early in Round 2. I kind of want them to just take Nabers in the first, but I could see Harbaugh going D there maybe.

They need basically everything except a QB and Guards. All of their other good players are at positions where they could still use more. There’s no bad route to take for them except for trading up.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

It brings me joy to see one of the slimiest people out there get exposed at least for the people who pay attention. I hope the FSU fans really let loose in Dublin.

Someone go save that dog. He's probably going to harvest it for organs.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I always find it weird when teams not involving Notre Dame play in Ireland. At least Penn State in theory is in the northeast which a lot of Irish descendants live in & probably a fair chunk are fans of them as well.

Like a few years ago was funny me to with Northwestern & Nebraska. The bigger fanbase probably doesn’t have much of that tie in with Nebraska & the natives there probably have no care about either. :laugh:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

It brings me joy to see one of the slimiest people out there get exposed at least for the people who pay attention. I hope the FSU fans really let loose in Dublin.

Someone go save that dog. He's probably going to harvest it for organs.

I didn’t watch this when I originally posted because I was out but wow listening to it now that’s a bad look for Herbstreit. I couldn’t care less about Nebraska or Georgia in that sense so no skin in the game here. But you were already getting beat up for playing a part in influencing the CFB Playoff this year with Florida State.

I like Kirk but not a good look as someone who’s kind of become that guy & voice of college football whether he likes or it not he has a lot of power & he should be more responsible with that or at least have the wherewithal of the situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad