Other Sports: NCAA Thread v12

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
UCLA was/is $30M+ in the hole from last year as an Athletic Department. It’s part of why they didn’t fire Chip in the first place. So he did them a favor by walking away.

So they were f***ed from the get go. I’d be curious to see the financials for this deal. If Foster has easier financials to get out of in these coming years when they Big Ten money should start to come & allow their AD to run at a profit.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe

@JojoTheWhale @Chinatown88 for next year’s draft, they’re seemingly not making the same mistake they made with Parsons. They’re moving Carter to the DL.

This prospect thing never stops. Hopefully next year's EDGE class is just deeper with both the top end guys and the mid to late round guys. This year's class just doesn't have that vibe for me at the moment.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com

As the price for these athletic programs gets divulged more schools are going to feel the heat about having them. When schools are forced to cut course areas to balance the losses caused, to a degree, by the athletic department, theres going to be trouble. UCLA’s athletic department lost $28M last year. West Virginia is cutting courses in order to balance the books. Other schools are in similar straights. Higher Ed is facing some crisis about who they are and what they do.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
GGqahggWoAAL0SU

@Captain Dave Poulin isn’t that one of your guys you hate? :laugh:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

@Chinatown88 @JojoTheWhale starting to release the top defensive guys return next year. It’s looking like defense is gonna be stronger than offense for next year’s draft opposed to this year.

As far as the NFL goes Walker has to be insanely intriguing at that size & passing rushing ability from the IDL.

Yeah, I looked at my list of first rounders for next year. It's more biased toward one side of the ball than I can remember an early list being. I've got 22 names. One of them is Travis Hunter. Another is Luther Burden. Then it's 4 OTs and every other name is on defense. Weird class.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe

@Chinatown88 @JojoTheWhale starting to release the top defensive guys return next year. It’s looking like defense is gonna be stronger than offense for next year’s draft opposed to this year.

As far as the NFL goes Walker has to be insanely intriguing at that size & passing rushing ability from the IDL.

I want Corleone just based off his name alone. And he's not a bad prospect to boot.

Burden III is high up on the wish list. Maybe if the whole season implodes it'll be possible.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Yeah, I looked at my list of first rounders for next year. It's more biased toward one side of the ball than I can remember an early list being. I've got 22 names. One of them is Travis Hunter. Another is Luther Burden. Then it's 4 OTs and every other name is on defense. Weird class.

Don't forget to write "quality education" under his 10-yard splits.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Is he WR1 right now? I feel like I am forgetting someone, maybe one of the Alabama guys. And LSU is always loaded, same for Ohio State.

Yes. Well, some people will have Travis Hunter above him, but not strictly as a WR.

Egbuka (Ohio St) is the guy who went back, but he doesn't have close to top of the draft traits. That's a late day 1 or early day 2 type.

The guy who could challenge Burden is Tetairoa McMillan from Arizona of all places.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad