OT: Around the NHL: Ploffs - This is Outhouse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
CDS 30/31 win. The board's not gonna like that
Conn Smythe incoming, remember who predicted it first. :)

Seriously, it wasn't pretty but he almost got a shutout too. If they had challenged the Preds goal, the dice might have fallen in their favour. A bit odd how extremely defensive the Canucks were, I guess they don't trust CdS that much either.

There might well be zero upsets in the first round unless someone thinks Vegas winning is an upset because they are WC2. The refs actually calling some penalties seems to be one of the reasons for that.

Speaking of penalties, the Caps power play did its Pens impersonation quite well.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Conn Smythe incoming, remember who predicted it first. :)

Seriously, it wasn't pretty but he almost got a shutout too. If they had challenged the Preds goal, the dice might have fallen in their favour. A bit odd how extremely defensive the Canucks were, I guess they don't trust CdS that much either.

There might well be zero upsets in the first round unless someone thinks Vegas winning is an upset because they are WC2. The refs actually calling some penalties seems to be one of the reasons for that.

Speaking of penalties, the Caps power play did its Pens impersonation quite well.
I like sweeps, so I don't mind this.
Would be nice to see 1 or 2 series have upsets though, yeah.

I picked the Stars to win the Cup last August. Stuck to it. Regretting it now.

1714241953573.png

1714242003064.png

Mixed feelings about this bracket. It's not terrible I guess.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Stamkos may be playing his final game(s) for Tampa but he's not making it easy to part ways. Dude's pretty much the only guy on Tampa doing anything. :laugh:

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Meh. Islanders got 1. Was rooting for the series to extend until some of these series get over.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Bolts pulling a Pens. Cats are really good. See them beating the Canes handily if it comes to that as long as Bob doesn't revert to old playoff form.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I will say it is relaxing pounding some beers and not giving a shit who wins

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Once again thanking heaven that the Pens got a collection of stars who always showed a pulse.

It's a different level of compete from Boston. The Leafs are just fragile mentally. Don't want it enough.
So structurally sound year after year. They never make the stupid hope plays.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Hope Marner’s performance in the series puts an end to people on this board wanting him. Even in Jake’s bad playoff showings, he showed twice as much heart as Marner does in the playoffs.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad